Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Mission Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to a college recruiter that came during a career fair. Briefly talked to him and had a phone interview set up. After the phone interview, about a week passed and was offered the job.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacobs (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Very, easy. Straight forward and pretty relaxed. The managers seemed to just want to get to know how you would fit in to the company. They asked about education, extra activities and basically outlined what you would be doing on the job.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

My interview with Jacobs was great. The hiring managers were extremely nice and since it was my first actual interview they were very understanding and relaxed. I would recommend this company to others

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in September 2016.

Interview

Unique interview experience. The process involved two phone interviews with management within the team and an office visit. I did not actually speak with HR until after my two phone interviews.

Nothing challenging, just be honest and friendly! Don't undersell your accomplishments and your worth.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?

What qualifications do you have related to the position?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure to negotiate! Don't undersell yourself! This company doesn't have a standard range that they divulge to candidates. Its all based on your experience and the need.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on line. The process took about 4 weeks. I was contacted by email to go for an in person interview in Boston, MA office. I was interviewed by three engineers one of which is the manager. The interviewer were very friendly and nice. We went over my resume and asked me if i'm willing to relocate.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jacobs (Livonia, MI).

Interview

First a face to face at their posh offices in Bingham Farms so they impress you. Then a walk through at whatever facility needs a body. Then an offer and paper-work where they tell you you are entry level.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      Can you work in a multi cultural environment?
      Have you worked on engines before?
      Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in August 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and was contacted two days later about coming in for an interview. I wasn't in town at the time so I set up a phone interview instead. This interview was with the hiring manager and was quite pleasant. He asked me to come in for an office tour and personality-test based interview. I paid my own way to fly in since I was out of state and had really good vibes from the manager and overall what my role would be. I met with two managers a couple weeks later and overall had a very pleasant experience with them. I felt VERY confident about receiving an offer.

Two weeks went by without a peep. They told me I would hear back from them within two weeks, so I remained patient. 2 weeks and 1 day later I sent a follow up email asking where they were in the interview process. I did not receive a response.

A week later, I emailed the recruiter asking what their travel reimbursement policy was for interviewees. She asked the hiring manager (the one who interviewed me) and he said nope, sorry. So he didn't have the courtesy to respond to my email or offer to fly me out. The first one is what really irritated me though.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in July 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews to discuss my qualifications as they pertain to the job responsibilities. The posting on Jacobs Careers website for the job position I applied for was very informative-- the most informative job description I had every came across for while applying for entry-level engineering jobs actually. I knew exactly what was to be expected from me to excel in this position, and so all of the questions were focused on my project experience as it pertained to these job qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What did you contribute to company X? What was your role on this project? Did you succeed? Have you ever not succeeded? What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Test Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called 4 weeks later for a panel interview with three directors. I had the pre-screen, but I felt the position was not secure knowing NASA's history. The position was tied to the JETS contract which I know is expiring next year. So much for job security.

Structural Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I applied on jacobs website for possible jobs in the united States as an assistant or associate civil engineer with more focus on design (transportation, bridges, building). the procedure was long and i received several rejections until I got an email from the human resources asking for additional information. I sent my transcripts and a week later I received an email to set up an interview.