Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in August 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and was contacted two days later about coming in for an interview. I wasn't in town at the time so I set up a phone interview instead. This interview was with the hiring manager and was quite pleasant. He asked me to come in for an office tour and personality-test based interview. I paid my own way to fly in since I was out of state and had really good vibes from the manager and overall what my role would be. I met with two managers a couple weeks later and overall had a very pleasant experience with them. I felt VERY confident about receiving an offer.

Two weeks went by without a peep. They told me I would hear back from them within two weeks, so I remained patient. 2 weeks and 1 day later I sent a follow up email asking where they were in the interview process. I did not receive a response.

A week later, I emailed the recruiter asking what their travel reimbursement policy was for interviewees. She asked the hiring manager (the one who interviewed me) and he said nope, sorry. So he didn't have the courtesy to respond to my email or offer to fly me out. The first one is what really irritated me though.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in July 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews to discuss my qualifications as they pertain to the job responsibilities. The posting on Jacobs Careers website for the job position I applied for was very informative-- the most informative job description I had every came across for while applying for entry-level engineering jobs actually. I knew exactly what was to be expected from me to excel in this position, and so all of the questions were focused on my project experience as it pertained to these job qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What did you contribute to company X? What was your role on this project? Did you succeed? Have you ever not succeeded? What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Test Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called 4 weeks later for a panel interview with three directors. I had the pre-screen, but I felt the position was not secure knowing NASA's history. The position was tied to the JETS contract which I know is expiring next year. So much for job security.

Structural Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I applied on jacobs website for possible jobs in the united States as an assistant or associate civil engineer with more focus on design (transportation, bridges, building). the procedure was long and i received several rejections until I got an email from the human resources asking for additional information. I sent my transcripts and a week later I received an email to set up an interview.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Columbia, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email back several days later. Had a phone screening and then went in for an in-person interview. Interviewers were very nice, but I didn't prepare as much as I should have since I already had an offer and didn't do very well on the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse a string in a language of your choice   1 Answer
    • What is great software to you?   Answer Question
    • What does the 'static' keyword in Java mean?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started out with some small talk with the director of operations, engineering principal manager, and a mechanical engineer. Typical easy interview questions and asked about positions on my resume. Felt really confident about getting an offer, especially after having the whole hiring process voluntarily explained to me and getting a tour of the office. Two weeks later they hit me with the rejection email. I've heard this is their M.O. from former classmates.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a job that heavily utilizes software?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Columbia, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

1 Round, Skype Interview.
    Skills from my resume, interests, experience so far.
    Easy interview as there was a requirement on their team for my somebody with my skills and interests. The interviewer was my manager later, and it was a pleasure working with the man.
    It was a short interview.

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online for an intern at San Francisco office and hear back through email. The interview was made online using Google Hangout. The whole process took about 1 hour. The interviewer was very friendly and entire process was very comfortable. The interviewer asked general questions about my working experience, computer skill. I also went over my whole portfolio.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position the first week of March and received a call from HR 2 weeks later to set up a Skype interview the next week. I was asked to complete a pre screening online before the interview that just consisted of behavioral questions and to rate how I felt about some things.

During the interview I spoke with 2 lead guys that were on the team I would be working with. They began with explaining the company and what they do. They were nice and made me feel comfortable, then proceeded to tell me they were going to ask me 10 specific questions to test my different qualities and knowledge. I wasn't asked any technical questions. After they asked their questions I was able to ask mine. After the interview I asked for a time frame and they said I would hear back next week. They concluded with telling me the answer to the last question, "why should we hire you", was to be written and submitted to HR within 24 hours.

A week later I didn't hear anything and I called back after 2 weeks to ask for a status update. Later that afternoon I got the "rejection after interview" email.

Interview Questions

• If you had to fill a freight train with ping pong balls, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel like your grades are a good indication of how you will perform with us?   Answer Question
    • If you had to change the battery of a clock that is out of reach on a wall, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • If your boss asked you to do something you didn't agree with, what would you do?   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

The managers who interviewed me were very professional and polite. They started asking me to talk about my resumé (experience, education), followed by the job properly.
    Since I have been reading a lot about the company, they did not need to explain me about it.