Jagex Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Technical QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A interview with 2 people of Jagex, it was a brief but very good interview. Very friendly atmosphere. They give you a very good view of what the job contains, what is expected...

Junior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Full interview to begin with 3 people, QA manager, Lead QA and Senior QA. Taken upstairs to the office and sat in front of a old build of a game and told to find bugs. Also write down what bugs you found, what severity they were and reproduction steps. I was then taken into another room for any followup questions with the Senior and Lead QA. The taxi to the train station was fully paid for afterwards and was called around 3-4 days after the interview to be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What's your Favourite game?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the QA process?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe what a QA's role is in the development process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was offered the role with the starting salary as it was an entry level position.

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on their careers website early December 2015. I got an automatic reply that my application is being processed etc. and that if I haven't heard back in a week I should consider my application unsuccessful. Two months later(!) I received an email saying my application is with the selection team and I'll be hearing back in about a week, and that I should prepare for an online test. Another two months later(!) I receive an email saying they decided not to move on with my application. I think its apparent how flawed their selection process and how dysfunctional their HR department are. I don't think any sane person (including me) would want to move on with the process after this.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A telephone interview initiated the process. The call consisted of some technical assessment questions and the typical work history/skills discussions.

Following the telephone interview was a slightly eclectic day on-site. Interviewed by members of multiple teams and asked (old) Google-esque psychoanalysis questions, etc.

The process was very casual (fitting for the environment) and as such, relatively stress-free.

Interview Questions

• "How would you describe the colour pink to a blind person?"   1 Answer

Junior QA Tester - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed to arrange a phone interview. They then emailed again saying they would like to go straight to a face-to-face interview. It was arranged for 2 weeks later. There was an interview and then a test. The test was on quest on runscape to find bugs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

A long wait followed by a somewhat unusual psudo-phone interview.
    A couple of months later after hearing nothing...
    Interview over 2 day practical test, using proprietary in-house software (this software has since been dropped for new projects). Several other applicants did not return after lunch of the first day or on the second morning due to the weirdness of the software.
    Interview its self was fairly standard - nothing hugely unexpected.

The HR side of this was very sloppy, and the internal recruiter did not inspire confidence. Generally a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Alot of questions about what I thought of the company, after working their for a few weeks the reasons for these became clear (see the reviews of this employer).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation over pay appears non-existent for development roles but stick to your guns, they have deep pockets and if they want you they will pay out.
    It is much easier to get money at this point than later on.

Localisation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Jagex Player Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• A number of personal questions may be asked   1 Answer