Jagex Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview with three member of staff.

Day at Jagex HQ with a group of other interviewees. Took part in group activities and then 1-1 interviews later on in the day.

Had a great experience over the phone and at the office. However they didn't bother to let me know if I was successful or not which I found to be quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jagex?
      How much would this job mean to you?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me to give them a convenient date for a telephone interview. After replying them promptly, I did not received confirmation for a week. I had to chase HR to find out in regards to my email and they told me that it would take place on a specific day in February. On the interview day, I was waiting for 1 hour without anyone calling me. 2 hours later they have sent me an email saying that they had to reschedule the interview to which I have agreed. On the rescheduled day of the interview, I was asked only 4 questions, all of them HR related: eligibility to work in UK, notice period to give to the employer, daily activities at work and salary expectations. The interviewer was clearly trying to end the process within 15 minutes but I was keep asking him questions about the company to which he was having difficulties to answer. At the end of the interview he told me that he will let me know via email by end of the week the confirmed date for the second interview. I never received an email and when I chased it with their HR department they did not reply to me at all.

The company clearly acts unprofessional and I am not sure if I would like to work for them. I understand if they would consider me unsuitable for the role however, considering that I have already been invited for an interview, I would expect from a professional company to have the decency to sent an email informing me or when I send them an email to let me know of the outcome and not avoiding me.

I would recommend to future applicants to be very careful and do an in-depth research about the company prior to applying/accepting a job role with them as they are very unprofessional. There seems to be some organizational issues and there is also lack of communication between departments.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the company's website with my CV,cover letter and a link to my portfolio and in within about a week I received an email inviting me for a telephone interview with the concept lead the following week . the telephone interview was basically just a chat a bout the position and what it would consist of , a few days after I was invited for an 'assessment day' down at the studio in Cambridge which I had about a week or two later , they were pretty open and flexible to which ever date I was available which was nice . The actual assessment day was extremely pleasant , I met the lead at the reception and I was subsequently taken on a tour of the studio meeting many of the staff who were really nice and welcoming , eventually I met the art directors and subsequently had a short interview/chat with them . Afterwards I had lunch ( all paid for ) at the studios canteen with the concept team which was really nice. Following this we sat down and did a quick mock-brief were we sketched some concepts ,This was pretty much an informal art test looking back I quess to see what Ideas I could come up with in a limited amount of time and how well I worked with the other artists. After that the day came to an end I was shown out and I made my way home , all of my travel expenses were paid for. unfortunately I didn't get the job in the end however the day was enjoyable fun for me and Jagex seemed like a really great place to work

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on their careers website early December 2015. I got an automatic reply that my application is being processed etc. and that if I haven't heard back in a week I should consider my application unsuccessful. Two months later(!) I received an email saying my application is with the selection team and I'll be hearing back in about a week, and that I should prepare for an online test. Another two months later(!) I receive an email saying they decided not to move on with my application. I think its apparent how flawed their selection process and how dysfunctional their HR department are. I don't think any sane person (including me) would want to move on with the process after this.

Studio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial repose was quick then process became very slow. Needed to chase up for final decision. Interview was quite relaxed. Shown around the studio. Future expansion plans explained. Some challenges with IT set up in meeting room.

Junior QA Tester - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed to arrange a phone interview. They then emailed again saying they would like to go straight to a face-to-face interview. It was arranged for 2 weeks later. There was an interview and then a test. The test was on quest on runscape to find bugs.

Localisation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Jagex Player Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• A number of personal questions may be asked   1 Answer