Jagex Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Localisation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Junior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with Lead QA, Manager and Senior QA - Talked about experience, what did QA mean to you, games I had played and how much of Runescape I had played.

Interview Day at the Office in Cambridge - Spent the day going over some processes and the overall role of QA within Jagex, exercises on how to write reproductions steps, prioritize bugs and ability to understand code. The day finished with a session with a build of the game in which we were asked to test using the knowledge from the earlier sessions with a short 1 to 2 conversational interview during the period with the Lead and Manager.

The interview took place on a Monday and was contacted on the following Friday with an offer and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, how you would describe the process of withdrawing cash from an ATM to another person.   1 Answer

Studio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial repose was quick then process became very slow. Needed to chase up for final decision. Interview was quite relaxed. Shown around the studio. Future expansion plans explained. Some challenges with IT set up in meeting room.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview with three member of staff.

Day at Jagex HQ with a group of other interviewees. Took part in group activities and then 1-1 interviews later on in the day.

Had a great experience over the phone and at the office. However they didn't bother to let me know if I was successful or not which I found to be quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jagex?
      How much would this job mean to you?   Answer Question

Junior QA Tester - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed to arrange a phone interview. They then emailed again saying they would like to go straight to a face-to-face interview. It was arranged for 2 weeks later. There was an interview and then a test. The test was on quest on runscape to find bugs.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A telephone interview initiated the process. The call consisted of some technical assessment questions and the typical work history/skills discussions.

Following the telephone interview was a slightly eclectic day on-site. Interviewed by members of multiple teams and asked (old) Google-esque psychoanalysis questions, etc.

The process was very casual (fitting for the environment) and as such, relatively stress-free.

Interview Questions

• "How would you describe the colour pink to a blind person?"   1 Answer

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on their careers website early December 2015. I got an automatic reply that my application is being processed etc. and that if I haven't heard back in a week I should consider my application unsuccessful. Two months later(!) I received an email saying my application is with the selection team and I'll be hearing back in about a week, and that I should prepare for an online test. Another two months later(!) I receive an email saying they decided not to move on with my application. I think its apparent how flawed their selection process and how dysfunctional their HR department are. I don't think any sane person (including me) would want to move on with the process after this.

Senior Tools Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

I was offered the job with no interview. It's who you know :)

Negotiation

there was none

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

A long wait followed by a phone interview then wait around 3 months for an interview which is a 2 day test.

This is where you use the software and show your skills to the employers on the first day- then on the second day team events and formal interview

Interview Questions

• If you're to be a Runescape monster, which and why?   3 Answers