Jagex Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Technical QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A interview with 2 people of Jagex, it was a brief but very good interview. Very friendly atmosphere. They give you a very good view of what the job contains, what is expected...

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Application

Interview

I received an email asking me to give them a convenient date for a telephone interview. After replying them promptly, I did not received confirmation for a week. I had to chase HR to find out in regards to my email and they told me that it would take place on a specific day in February. On the interview day, I was waiting for 1 hour without anyone calling me. 2 hours later they have sent me an email saying that they had to reschedule the interview to which I have agreed. On the rescheduled day of the interview, I was asked only 4 questions, all of them HR related: eligibility to work in UK, notice period to give to the employer, daily activities at work and salary expectations. The interviewer was clearly trying to end the process within 15 minutes but I was keep asking him questions about the company to which he was having difficulties to answer. At the end of the interview he told me that he will let me know via email by end of the week the confirmed date for the second interview. I never received an email and when I chased it with their HR department they did not reply to me at all.

The company clearly acts unprofessional and I am not sure if I would like to work for them. I understand if they would consider me unsuitable for the role however, considering that I have already been invited for an interview, I would expect from a professional company to have the decency to sent an email informing me or when I send them an email to let me know of the outcome and not avoiding me.

I would recommend to future applicants to be very careful and do an in-depth research about the company prior to applying/accepting a job role with them as they are very unprofessional. There seems to be some organizational issues and there is also lack of communication between departments.

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Good interview in general no complaints here would definitely go through the interview process again because it was easy simple and I was successful as a result of this interview process and I would one hundred percent recommend this company to another person because of this interview process that I took part in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I felt like this intervew was overall good

Player Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

Childs play really... build a bridge - show that you can work in a team/leader, talk rubbish which is relevant to their interests and show your passion for the company like it's the only thing in the world.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary with an email.... Non-existent.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Junior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Full interview to begin with 3 people, QA manager, Lead QA and Senior QA. Taken upstairs to the office and sat in front of a old build of a game and told to find bugs. Also write down what bugs you found, what severity they were and reproduction steps. I was then taken into another room for any followup questions with the Senior and Lead QA. The taxi to the train station was fully paid for afterwards and was called around 3-4 days after the interview to be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What's your Favourite game?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the QA process?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe what a QA's role is in the development process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was offered the role with the starting salary as it was an entry level position.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the company's website with my CV,cover letter and a link to my portfolio and in within about a week I received an email inviting me for a telephone interview with the concept lead the following week . the telephone interview was basically just a chat a bout the position and what it would consist of , a few days after I was invited for an 'assessment day' down at the studio in Cambridge which I had about a week or two later , they were pretty open and flexible to which ever date I was available which was nice . The actual assessment day was extremely pleasant , I met the lead at the reception and I was subsequently taken on a tour of the studio meeting many of the staff who were really nice and welcoming , eventually I met the art directors and subsequently had a short interview/chat with them . Afterwards I had lunch ( all paid for ) at the studios canteen with the concept team which was really nice. Following this we sat down and did a quick mock-brief were we sketched some concepts ,This was pretty much an informal art test looking back I quess to see what Ideas I could come up with in a limited amount of time and how well I worked with the other artists. After that the day came to an end I was shown out and I made my way home , all of my travel expenses were paid for. unfortunately I didn't get the job in the end however the day was enjoyable fun for me and Jagex seemed like a really great place to work

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Apply directly. Most posts are not advertised with agencies.
    1 - 2 interviews, normally around half a day and include interviews, office tour and generally an exercise to demonstrate your ability to do the job you are applying for.

Offer or contact are normally made within a week of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your personality is the right fit for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Jagex Player Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• A number of personal questions may be asked   1 Answer

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

A long wait followed by a somewhat unusual psudo-phone interview.
    A couple of months later after hearing nothing...
    Interview over 2 day practical test, using proprietary in-house software (this software has since been dropped for new projects). Several other applicants did not return after lunch of the first day or on the second morning due to the weirdness of the software.
    Interview its self was fairly standard - nothing hugely unexpected.

The HR side of this was very sloppy, and the internal recruiter did not inspire confidence. Generally a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Alot of questions about what I thought of the company, after working their for a few weeks the reasons for these became clear (see the reviews of this employer).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation over pay appears non-existent for development roles but stick to your guns, they have deep pockets and if they want you they will pay out.
    It is much easier to get money at this point than later on.