Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.2

Lot Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I walked into Niello Land Rover and asked if a service manager was available and immediately got introduced to one, everyone there was extremely professional and easily approachable. I got to sit down and speak to the manager about getting hired there as an apprentice technician and he was very thorough on his explanation as far as what they were looking for and what they had to offer as far as promotions go. I was told to apply online as soon as possible and when I did I received a phone call immediately. Scheduled an interview, it went well then another interview the day after but with the general manager there as well.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to accomplish in the future as far as your career goes with the company or you're career in general? Basically they want someone long term so they're asking if you're going to devote your career to the company or leave after several months.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I was asked for an overview of professional background and educational experience. I was also asked what I was looking for in an internship and what my future plans were.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online application followed by a face to face meeting at store level. Then a phone call from Human resources and then an online video interview with 6 different current employees and finally a meeting with the GM

Interview Questions

• Experience with the Product   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial one on one phone screening consisting of a few general knowledge questions. Second phase was in person with a pair of interviewers taking turns asking a set of standardized questions. Everyone was highly professional and very personable.

Interview Questions

• How can you reliably deliver software with a fixed set of functionality on a fixed time lime?   1 Answer

Collaborative Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Intense interview process. Was asked to take a 1 hour assessment exam (similar to a GRE or GMAT). Afterwords, I had a 30 min phone interview with basic interview questions ("Why do you want to work for Jaguar?"). 2 weeks later, was asked to do a 2 hour telecom interview. The interview involved a mock presentation to management and several behavior and technical questions. Overall, the experience was very involved and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jaguar?   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Slow, easy to manage, predictable. With the exception of about 3 personal questions, it was up to me to ask my questions, otherwise, long, drawn out moments of silences were dominating the interview.

Interview Questions

• About my experience, where I live, how much I currently make   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

One face to face interview, and once moved to the next round an online exam to test your skills in a couple of things, including analytical, to see your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What were some major responsibilities of your previous jobs that could help you in a role with this position at this company?
      Otherwise, more of a behavioral interview to get to know you and your personality   Answer Question

A Job At Jaguar Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter, took test, spoke to someone in the office, had to put together a presentation (free consulting), went to office and gave lengthy presentation. It's been three months and I still haven't heard back. For the amount of time that it took to prepare for interview (phone screen, test, presentation (that I looked at as free consulting) they should have had the courtesy to get back to me either way. I don't want to sound disgruntled, but the experience left a really bad taste in my mouth. They said they's get back to me in a week. and when I tried to follow up after two weeks it was radio silence.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with an initial phone screen and then did an online assessment. After, had an in-person interview that included a short presentation (about 10 minutes); whole interview took about two hours.

Linux Senior Software Engineer C/C++ - Portland, OR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview description is for a software engineering role at Jaguar Land Rover's (JLR's) Portland, OR, USA "tech incubator." My experience in applying was so poor that I feel JLR's use of the phrase "tech incubator" in describing this office substantially discredits that very phrase.

I applied for the job of "Linux Senior Software Engineer" working on infotainment systems in early November 2015. I did this through JLR's Taleo.net applicant-tracking system. I should have stopped at "Taleo," as I've never had a positive experience with Taleo. (You should read up on Taleo via Google before proceeding with this application: for the most part, applying to Taleo-backed jobs is a waste of your time.)

In late February 2016--a near 3 month turnaround--I received a response from an automated system directing me to a Saville Consulting intelligence assessment. It's an online SAT-type test. The questions are multiple choice, time limited, and ostensibly designed to confuse. Reference my "Interview Questions" section.

Midway through the test, on a question involving mathematical graphs, one of the images failed to load. I tried refreshing the page to no avail. Eventually, I exited the testing platform (closed the web browser tab). I saved a screenshot of the error and emailed it to Saville, but I doubt I'll get a response. Upon re-loading the Saville application page, I'm locked out and can no longer take the test.

To recap, it took Jaguar Land Rover nearly three months to respond to my initial Taleo application. That response was sent by an automated system run by Saville Consulting, not by Jaguar Land Rover and certainly not by a human. The applicant test they sent me via Saville Consulting had technical/software issues. Further, the test's content had nothing--literally nothing--to do with software development.

Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing related to software. It was interpretation of mathematical graphs and plain English paragraphs, with subtle errors and/or omissions in content designed to confuse the reader. The multiple-choice questions involved parsing and answering questions about the aforementioned content.   1 Answer