James Avery Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

James Avery Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Avery (Waco, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Arrive professionally dressed! A blazer and slacks are not "over the top"! The managers were incredibly friendly and so were the current employees. Arrive early so you can make connections with more than just those doing the interview - it'll go a long way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for James Avery

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Avery (Baytown, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

the interview process for james avery was a group interview with four other people it was a very relaxed and easy experience. they asked pretty basic interview questions and they called exactly a week after the interview and i started the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• If you got a difficult customer how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Avery (Midland, TX).

Interview

Very Simple one in person interview. Very Standard. One on one interview. Come looking professional and wearing ONLY James Avery Jewelry. The interview takes about 30-45min. Arrive at least 10 min early.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Avery (Garland, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview with three other people and I thought I wouldn't get it but I did. The store manager and the assistant manager both were present at the interview and they both asked us questions. They were really engaged into letting us know about how the store runs. I personally was the only male who applied out of the 10+ people who applied.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story when you had to deal with a customer who was being negative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Avery (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It wasn't too bad...mostly behavioral questions. There were 2 assistant managers that interviewed me and they made me feel comfortable when it came to answering my questions. I was pretty nervous but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at James Avery.

Interview

Most of the interviews are conducted in groups with the manager. Mine was solo since the other people didn't show up. It was quick 15 min interview and I was offered the position 1 week later.

You will be asked:
    Why do you want to work at James Avery?
    How are your customer service skill?
    How well do you work with other people?
    If you caught an employee breaking the policies what would you do?
    If you have an issue with the customer how would you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give an example on how you accomplished something as a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Avery (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

All employees were very friendly. I had a phone interview that wasnt scheduled. I was randomly called one day when I was out running errands and put on the spot of an interview with two managers on the line. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an interview in person. I thought the second interview went well, although the Manager started making remarks that seemed very catty. That should've been the clear sign to not take the job and that this location was different than previous JA locations I had worked at.

Interview Questions

• I was put on the spot about learning how to solder/repair items in the back of the store. Soldering is not something I wanted to do, but I said I was open to learning. Manager made several comments implying I would not get the job if I didn't do soldering.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at James Avery.

Interview

Very nice and relaxed. Asked normal questions and availability.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recent group project or task you were involved in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at James Avery (Tulsa, OK) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online on Jamesavery.com and I received a phone call two days later. We set up an interview at the store.
    When I arrived, there were 5 other people waiting so I knew it was going to be a group interview. They sat us down on benches in the middle of the mall (super distracting...) and asked each of us the same questions.

The interview itself took about an hour and a half because they had to ask everyone the same question and the person had to respond with great examples.
    At the end, they had everyone sign a paper saying that they could run a background check on you and then they gave everyone a "thank you" package with mints, a catalog, and a jewelry polishing cloth.

Interview Questions

• 1. What did you like and dislike about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • 2. In your opinion, is the customer always right?   Answer Question
    • 3. What was the last work related skill you learned?   Answer Question
    • 4. When was the last time you witnessed exceptional customer service? Where and what happened? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question