James Hardie Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with James Hardie. Like other reviews my process was extremely lengthy. First was an hour phone screen with HR, then an intelligence test, then hour call with hiring manager, then another personality/intelligence test, then in-person 2-hour interview with 4 people. I was unimpressed with the organization in that first, it became known to me during the interview that the company is very male driven (one person even stated over 90% males make up workforce), second when I asked why I should come join Hardie, the answer given was "There are a lot of smart people here and we like to win." Came off extremely arrogant and unwelcoming...guess what, I'm smart too and like to win, but I wouldn't boast that has my strengths to an employer. Last, people in the interview also spoke to their high turnover. Again, I understand why they addressed it, but hearing that it was that high was definitely cause for concern. The people were nice though and they have great product which made me want to like them. The day after the interview I received a voicemail stating the team had all very positive feedback and liked my personality but would not be moving me forward. A little more feedback would have been nice considering you said it was all positive and I wasn't moving forward. I assumed it was because I was not a male or they felt I could not thrive in that culture of all males. Just my assumption.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background?
    Why James Hardie?
    Process for creating a marketing strategy?
    How long should a marketing strategy take to create?
    What was the most creative project you worked on?   Answer Question