James Hardie Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

James Hardie Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at James Hardie

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at James Hardie (Newark, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied to the position because I was familiar with the products. The position was not exactly what I was looking for because I wanted to move away from sales and more into operations management, but the position itself was a nice bridge to those goals.

I was called the same day I applied to schedule a phone interview. It went well and the HR rep said I would be scheduled for a face to face in about 2-3 weeks and they were looking to have someone in place by a specific date.

I was contacted a few days later and was told I would be taking a video interview, followed by an aptitude test. The video interview came first and it was a horrible experience. Someone pre-recorded interview questions and you could not clarify what they were looking for specifically. The questions were very general and open ended and you had a time limit of 60 seconds. Questions included "Tell me about yourself", "Tell me a time you went out of your way for a customer" "What would you do if someone told you that you made a mistake?" "What do you know about James Hardie?"

Then came the aptitude test which was critical thinking skills. If a box of paper clips is $0.24 how much will is cost to buy 3 boxes. Also they measure attention to detail having two columns and identifying which line items are identical, also some vocabulary tests and logic tests. You have 8 minutes for 30 questions and not allowed to use a calculator.

The test was OK, HOWEVER, the company did one thing and I made the decision to pass on the position. First, I logged in to take the test and had to wait an hour before they would proceed taking additional time out of my schedule. The company had ProctorU verify my identity and monitor the test. This required me to give complete control of my computer and people on their end changing my personal settings. Thankfully I watched what they did and blocked them from future access by removing the permissions they set. It looks like they can remote in whenever they like and I wonder now what kind of scam I got hooked into.

They asked me questions to confirm my identity, however, again it was a bizarre line of questioning. They insisted I had been married to someone I rented a room to back in the 90's. When denied being married to my tenant, I was told I was lying. They wanted to know the year of birth of my former tenant (still insisting I was married to them) which I wasn't sure of since I haven't really seen the guy since he got married and moved out of state in 2004. They asked about an address my grandmother lived at back in the 80's falsely claiming I had lived there. It was a bizarre line of questioning and typical ID like picture drivers license, passport, or military ID was not valid. Again, my guard was up and I put a fraud alert on my credit reports because it seemed like they were phishing for personal details.

Interview Questions

• The line of questioning about my former tenant and their insistence that I had been married to that person. This line of questioning had nothing to do with the position.   Answer Question

Poor view of the company and how they treat prospective employees. I went through less invasive procedures during my government background checks and polygraph for my security clearance.

Other Interview Reviews for James Hardie

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at James Hardie (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A recruiter called me and was extremely professional and helpful and got me interested in the job. I was not even looking. Because of this recruiter, I agreed to explore the position. The interview process was very long and detailed. Two interviews with the HR person. Then a virtual test that they give to NFL players.

Interview Questions

• The virtual test was not difficult but this company takes itself way too seriously   1 Answer

Because they took too long and the recruiter I was working with found me another company that didn't make me jump through all the hoops.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was intense. They have you do a wonderlik test as well as personality test.Then they have you do round-robin interviews with 3 sets of 3 VPs, managers, and HR associates before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the structure of James Hardie.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate a better salary. When they are hiring for a position they are in desperate need most of the time so you can squeeze a little to your benefit.