James Hardie Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

James Hardie Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

If you are being recruited by anyone for Thai company please be aware that you are going to be thrown around for the length of the interview process.

The recruiter I worked with flat out lied to me, so did the "hiring manager" I spoke to on my second phone interview. They lied about questions that were directly related to what I would be doing on the job and how much I would be compensated for it- some pretty important stuff to know before you move forward.

Long story short, they flew me out to Atlanta for "finals" selling me on the company and the position and what it was offering. i though the interview went well, however I tend to interview well and I have a background in psychology - and I can assure you these are thick minded people who don't have much intelligence at their disposal- whether that is a personal problem of theirs or it's a culture bred within the company, I'm not sure but it's certainly evident.

After the interview, I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position but at a lower salary and no company car or bonus. Of course, I would have to go on one of their "ridealongs" (unpaid) before they still were able to determine whether I was a "right fit". This is where I got aggressive with recruiter and basically said it was a joke and that I don't appreciate being lied to or deceived for the purposes of filling a spot. To no surprise, he sent me a personal and nasty text message demeaning me and making me feel as though I needed to kiss his feet just for having been given the opportunity.

If you are young and need experience, this could be a good company for you. If you have job experience and are looking for a new start ot career, STAY AWAY from James Hardie Sales, they will try to sell you on the company and in my experience that's an immediate red flag.

Hope this was helpful for all you interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the worst player on a winning team or the best player on a losing team? - Typical question that is designed to put you under pressure   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for James Hardie

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Started off with phone interview with recruiter. Fairly simple questioning about past work history etc. After passing that I had to take several assessments online. After those scores were received, I was asked to do a video interview, where you record your questions. From there I had a phone interview with the regional sales manager. I found his line of questioning aggressive. I'm not sure if he was just seeing how I would react to the situation, or how I handled it, but it caught me off guard. The manager was 45 minutes late to the call, which wasn't a problem as it was in the evening, but when I asked if I had the correct time, he was aggressive in his response and made me feel bad for questioning him. The interview was more of the same, where he asked a lot of the same questions, different ways. I kept responding and I don't know if I was just not clear in my responses or again he wanted to see how I handled the questions, but I could sense some frustration from him. When it was my turn to ask questions at the end, I simply asked him why the position was open, trying to figure out if it was a new position or if the previous person had been promoted (showing me they promote their people and provide advancement opportunities). He took offense to that question and quickly snapped back asking why it matters? This was the final red flag to me. I thought the interview went horrible, one of the worst in my career, however yet again I got a call from the recruiter the next day letting me know I was on to the next round.

I politely declined and withdrew from consideration for the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Pretty standard questions about past work history, sales objectives met, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at James Hardie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

JH contacted me via a career website for a sales position in the New York city area. I had one phone interview which went well, winning me a second interview in California (JH paid travel expenses). The interviews took place in a hotel meeting room across from John Wayne Airport. Prior to the interview, I was seated with several other candidates in another meeting room. When it was my time to interview, I was greeted by the person from HR who conducted my phone interview. He greeted me with the standard, "Wow, you are not as tall as I expected" to which I replied, "I didn't know there was a heighth requirement for the job." Once in the interview, it was the typical "good cop, bad cop" scenario". The interviewers were obviously trying to put you in a uncomfortable situation to see how you would react under pressure. At one point in the interview, they were making fun of me being from the South. Finally, I decided to leave the interview because I had made the hiring decision for them. As I was leaving, one of the interviewers said, "Send me a postcard if you ever get a job in New York City." After speaking with several other candidates following the interview, I realized that my experience was not unique.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our products to a general contractor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

OK. they asked a lot of question about my goals and culture and career to advance forward at company and new direction in capacity to help win for the team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at James Hardie (Savannah, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager at JH and passed his phone screen and was sent on to a phone interview with the hiring manager. They were looking for someone very numbers detailed and not so much into relationship building. The initial manager I talked to made it seem that it was more of a relationship building position, than a hunter position, so I focused on those abilities in my second interview. During which I learned that it was actually more of a chasing numbers job and they didn't really care about my abilitiy to build a relationship with my clients.

Interview Questions

• What would you like me to know about your resume?   Answer Question
    • What you have experience selling to dealers or just end users?   Answer Question