Jane Street Assistant Trader Summer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Assistant Trader Summer Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

30 min 1:1 initial interview on campus consisting of a few minutes of banter about my resume followed by a bunch of relatively simple mental math and probability questions. 2nd and 3rd round phone interviews were similar, but fewer and more difficult questions were asked; both general logic/brainteasers and probability questions (coin flips and dice rolls). No finance or fit questions as expected. After each answer you give they ask how confident you are (in rounds 2 and 3 only). Interviewers were courteous and seemed like they would be good people to work with.

Interview Questions

• How many digits are there in 2^50?   5 Answers
  • Flip a coin until either HHT or HTT appears. Is one more likely to appear first? If so, which one and with what probability?   13 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Assistant Trader Summer Internship Interview

Interview

Given interview after applying online.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability w/ Heads and Tails. Solved from memory of Penney's game sequences/odds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street (Princeton, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university and heard back soon after the application had closed. There was very little chit-chat over the course of the interview; most of it was simply the guy asking me math/probability questions. This was actually my first ever interview, and I wasn't really expecting it, so it threw me off a little.

Interview Questions

• A survey is given to all passengers on a number of different planes. The survey asks each person how full their plane was. The people answer honestly. If 50% of people claim that their plane was 80% full, while the other 50% claim that their plane was 20% full, how full was the average plane?   2 Answers