Jane Street Infrastructure Rotational Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Infrastructure Rotational Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Completed a worksheet. Then had a phone interview. Then went onsite for several interviews.
Phone interview and email correspondence were great. The onsite visit was disorganized. There were complications with the travel and lodging arrangements they'd made for me which caused quite a bit of stress. Once I arrived at the location the onsite continued to be a bit disorganized, though not horribly so.

Interview Questions

• For the worksheet they gave me a packet with information on stocks and I had to summarize it and apply the information to hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Infrastructure Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Very friendly HR, filled out a candidate questionnaire and then was given materials to do an exercise. Took around a week from when I submitted my application to when they notified me about the results of my exercise.

Interview Questions

• The technical exercise was straightforward and easy to understand, even for someone with no previous trading background. They give you all the materials and information that you need.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Screening process was a take home assignment in which you receive some materials to study/read, and answer some questions they give to you.

This is followed by a short phone interview that's a mix of behavioral and some brain teasers to see how you think.

This process took place over about a week.

Then, they offered to fly me out on site. The on site interview took place at Jane Street in NYC. The interview was spread over about 5 hours with multiple rounds, all being technical except the last round which was a behavioral interview with the managers. The difficulty of the interview was manageable, though I assume they expect a degree of perfection (I messed up one of the rounds, was later given a phone interview as supplement to redeem myself which I thought I did okay on, but not well enough to receive an offer).

The interviewers were all really nice and intelligent people and I had a great time talking to them. The recruiting team is also unreal, as they would always get back to me within an hour or two as long as it was during work hours.

Overall a really great experience.

Interview Questions

• Don't want to disclose. All questions are doable from multiple backgrounds with enough preparation with the materials they provide and some critical thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, prompt feedback to schedule a phone call, nearly immediately after was scheduled to fly to NY office. Did not make it past 2 rounds, sent me home at lunch.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many pennies are in [your city of choice].   Answer Question
    • Sum the digits (not numbers) between 1 and 1000 inclusive.   1 Answer
    • If we were audited by the SEC, how would you verify transactions for one month using these datasets: order, executions, and something else I can't remember.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

*This review is only relevant to the infrastructure/business development faction of Jane Street*
    There were three rounds to the interview: remote assignment, brainteaser phone interview, and an on-site interview in NYC. The assignment and phone interviews were straight forward and all members of human resources were satisfactory throughout the whole process . The on-site interview was a horrible experience. It consisted of two interviews, each conducted by two individuals who had been at the firm less than 5 months (so yes only 22 year olds). The interviews were each an hour long and revolved around hypothetical situations regarding ETFs and trading systems (see how you think questions). Not once did these interviewers smile nor were they sufficient at articulating their questions in a simple, understandable manner. The cherry on top was that it took 3 weeks to hear back only after I reached out to HR. As far as business development and infrastructure go, Jane Street conveyed an embarrassing and unwelcoming experience. Overall the whole interview process was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Identify relevant communications between a trading system and exchange   Answer Question