Jane Street Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Jane Street

3.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 97 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Switzerland
Application

I interviewed at Jane Street (Switzerland)

Interview

I was asked a few simple probability questions including conditional probability and expected value then the interviewer asked me if I had any questions for him. They emailed their decision on whether or not to move to the next stage the following day.

Interview Questions
  • what's the sum of the first 30 even numbers
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in China
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (China)

Interview

The hr team contacted me very quickly. The first interview was basically CV screening and very easy mathematics. The difficulty of the mathematics increases in later interviews. I made it to the third phone interview and did not get invited to onsite interview.

Interview Questions
Jane Street
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Jane Street (United States)

Interview

Applied as an someone with an engineering background. Would have done better if I had the ability to study more theoretical math. Was not able to get the internship. Will be applying again next year

Interview Questions
  • Statistics and a brain teaser assement
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong
Application

I interviewed at Jane Street (Hong Kong)

Interview

Four rounds of technical interviews, mainly involving math puzzles or probability/combinatorics problems. They are meant to get progressively harder as you go along. Definitely different from typical interviews. Did not get asked about CV at all.

Interview Questions
Jane Street
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Interviewer asked series of probability questions. It was a phone interview that lasted around half an hour. They asked 3 probability questions and I have to explain my thought process and how I got to the answer.

Interview Questions
  • Expected value when throwing a dice and receiving the amount you have thrown. Two players take it in term to throw 20-sided die. whoever scores highest wins 4 coins- was is the probability of getting at least 2 heads
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Jane Street (United States)

Interview

It was an excel challenge to demonstrate the ability to track transactions , not many instructions were provided but it seems that having a undergrad business school background would be helpful

Interview Questions
Jane Street
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Jane Street (United Kingdom)

Interview

I went through 5 stages. The last one is in London, the ones before are phone interviews. The questions mainly built around Game Theory and Probability. During the onsite interview, you are given a set of coins which will be used to play "games" with them

Interview Questions
  • Q: They ask you to play different games and you need to put a price to enter the game. It's usually a different game each time
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Jane Street (United States)

Interview

Received an excel sheet and got asked for a first interview. Never heard back. The interview process was tedious. Lots of probability questions. The process is 3 interviews long. However, I heard if you get it, it's great.

Interview Questions
Jane Street
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street (United States)

Interview

First round was a a short 30 - 45 minute phone call with some basic probability questions. None of them were particularly tricky and it seemed to be more of a "do you know the basics?" with them also asking for what assumptions I was making and why. The second round was two questions which I found much more challenging and was allowed one hour for. For both they were willing to work with you and wanted to hear your thoughts out loud. They let me run with a mistake until I noticed it and then would go back to point out where I went wrong.

Interview Questions
  • Which of the following gives you the highest expected value: the square of a singular die roll, the product of two dice, or the square of the median of three dice roll?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (United States) in Feb 2020

Interview

Applied online and had to complete work before I got the phone interview. The questions were all critical thinking based. Some a bit challenging. I didn't get a lot of feedback from the interviewer but I guess I wasn't asking the right questions. They expected me to talk through my answers but I was too in my head to articulate anything.

Interview Questions
  • Whats the earliest date with all different numbers?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 97