Jane Street Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was asked if I wanted to take an online interview rather than a in person interview for first round. I elected to take the online interview. It was fairly easy, but I wasn't sure what to put down given the time constraints (a few slightly complex probability/expected value type questions in 30 minutes)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Wonderful people, difficult but intriguing questions, probably one of the most fun interviews I've had. Tests your probability intuition as well as quantitative intuition in general. Highly recommend interviewing !

Interview Questions

• expected value, betting question, question about apples along a road   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Very fast. I applied and it took less than 24 hours for a recruiter to reach out. Sounded like would immediately get a phone interview but slapped with a pre-activity.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied to be a Trading Intern online and received a technical phone interview. Just did a few probability problems with my interviewer over the phone. Interviewer was very nice and helpful whenever I was stuck and gave tips on how to work on the problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview within a week scheduled for 3 weeks later. Interview went alright, the interviewer was very nice and guided me through the questions when I struggled. Overall good experience even though I didn't make it.

Interview Questions

• Expected value of number of heads if you flip 4 coins and can flip over any pair of two tails.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was just two questions related to probability and math. The interviewer was extremely friendly and helpful in answering questions. Still waiting to hear back, but it was very fun as the questions were challenging but enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

probability and math. They asked a bunch of stuff. Why do i need to put 30 words. Signed an NDA so I can't say anything of substance. Can I just see reviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied for Software Developer Intern, got email for phone screening about 5 days later. Was done through shared code editor. Interviewer was very nice and offered assistance if necessary. Questions were quite basic, but I was nervous as it was my first interview. Got rejection email about 3 days after the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online through their website. I go to a top 10 school (which was previously not a target school for Jane Street) so I'm not sure how much of a factor this was in their decision to interview me. Within 1 week of submitting my resume, they asked me if I wanted to do a phone interview. They asked me 0 fit questions and a bunch of technical questions, mostly probability (and a couple of random mental math questions). All questions are expected to be done without the use of a pencil, paper, or calculator. I'd like to comment on company culture but I bombed this interview pretty badly and didn't get the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• a) expected value of a die
      b) suppose you play a game where you get a dollar amount equivalent to the number of dots that show up on the die. you roll it once. if you don't like it, you get to roll it again, but you have to keep the 2nd roll. what's the fair value of this game?
      c) same as b), except now you get to reroll twice.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The people seemed fun. There were a few guys who were a little awkward. But it was Jane Street. Also a problem was that their HR department was incredibly slow. It took them weeks to schedule the next round interview. And then they would forget to call. It was very unprofessional.

They seemed to only concentrate on Probability questions. A lot of expected value questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had only 5 and 11 cent stamps. Whats the smallest number that would be impossible to make with those stamps.   12 Answers