Jane Street Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.6

Intern Interview

Interview

It was an excel challenge to demonstrate the ability to track transactions , not many instructions were provided but it seems that having a undergrad business school background would be helpful

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Intern Interview

Interview

Received an excel sheet and got asked for a first interview. Never heard back. The interview process was tedious. Lots of probability questions. The process is 3 interviews long. However, I heard if you get it, it's great.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

First round was a a short 30 - 45 minute phone call with some basic probability questions. None of them were particularly tricky and it seemed to be more of a "do you know the basics?" with them also asking for what assumptions I was making and why. The second round was two questions which I found much more challenging and was allowed one hour for. For both they were willing to work with you and wanted to hear your thoughts out loud. They let me run with a mistake until I noticed it and then would go back to point out where I went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Which of the following gives you the highest expected value: the square of a singular die roll, the product of two dice, or the square of the median of three dice roll?   5 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete work before I got the phone interview. The questions were all critical thinking based. Some a bit challenging. I didn't get a lot of feedback from the interviewer but I guess I wasn't asking the right questions. They expected me to talk through my answers but I was too in my head to articulate anything.

Interview Questions

• Whats the earliest date with all different numbers?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied for Software Developer Intern, got email for phone screening about 5 days later. Was done through shared code editor. Interviewer was very nice and offered assistance if necessary. Questions were quite basic, but I was nervous as it was my first interview. Got rejection email about 3 days after the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street in April 2018.

Interview

First round they sent an excel spreadsheet to edit. It was a very very long list of trades and there were some errors you had to find. There were more than 10000 trades so clearly you had to come up with some formulas to use throughout the sheet.
    Second round phone interview. Several tricky questions, brain teaser types.

Interview Questions

• How many pennies are in New York City.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied to be a Trading Intern online and received a technical phone interview. Just did a few probability problems with my interviewer over the phone. Interviewer was very nice and helpful whenever I was stuck and gave tips on how to work on the problems.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Very fast. I applied and it took less than 24 hours for a recruiter to reach out. Sounded like would immediately get a phone interview but slapped with a pre-activity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview within a week scheduled for 3 weeks later. Interview went alright, the interviewer was very nice and guided me through the questions when I struggled. Overall good experience even though I didn't make it.

Interview Questions

• Expected value of number of heads if you flip 4 coins and can flip over any pair of two tails.   5 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Wonderful people, difficult but intriguing questions, probably one of the most fun interviews I've had. Tests your probability intuition as well as quantitative intuition in general. Highly recommend interviewing !

Interview Questions

• expected value, betting question, question about apples along a road   Answer Question