Jane Street Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 101 of over 1,571.0 interviews

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

lots of math qs and stats questions. be prepped to answer brain teasers and probability questions. it is very hard. also want you to think fast and on the spot. lots of diff games

Interview Questions
  • bayesian question about probability of weather
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England, England)

Interview

Interview Questions
  • It was difficult. Asked two questions. 1: A simple brain teaser. 2: A fermi problem involving number of coins in a city. I failed the second one but it was enjoyable.

Jane Street

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Got an email response to my application, had to complete an excel exercise in order to move forward in the process. Fairly simple, but I wasn't selected to move on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Mathematics questions on simple probability questions as well as estimating ranges of specific things. Interviewer wanted to hear about the thought process that is going on. It was a phone interview so there was not too much going on, only lasted 15 to 20.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

I was asked a few simple probability questions including conditional probability and expected value then the interviewer asked me if I had any questions for him. They emailed their decision on whether or not to move to the next stage the following day.

Interview Questions
  • what's the sum of the first 30 even numbers

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

The hr team contacted me very quickly. The first interview was basically CV screening and very easy mathematics. The difficulty of the mathematics increases in later interviews. I made it to the third phone interview and did not get invited to onsite interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Applied as an someone with an engineering background. Would have done better if I had the ability to study more theoretical math. Was not able to get the internship. Will be applying again next year

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Four rounds of technical interviews, mainly involving math puzzles or probability/combinatorics problems. They are meant to get progressively harder as you go along. Definitely different from typical interviews. Did not get asked about CV at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Interviewer asked series of probability questions. It was a phone interview that lasted around half an hour. They asked 3 probability questions and I have to explain my thought process and how I got to the answer.

Interview Questions
  • Expected value when throwing a dice and receiving the amount you have thrown. Two players take it in term to throw 20-sided die. whoever scores highest wins 4 coins- was is the probability of getting at least 2 heads

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

It was an excel challenge to demonstrate the ability to track transactions , not many instructions were provided but it seems that having a undergrad business school background would be helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Interviews