Jane Street Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied a quant intern position in New York, had two phone interviews. The second was much harder than the first, and all included tricky math/stats questions. They generally want to see how you think on your toes, brute force methods and others. Everyone I talked to was really nice, seems like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call from a trader, who explained the selection process. Gave 10-15 minutes for 2 probability questions. Guided me as I tried to think about them. Asked my process. Asked the probability of my getting the questions right. Said sounds good. Was generally a little curt. Told me I got the questions right, and said HR would get back to me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jane Street in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They emailed me soon afterwards and I did a phone interview for a Research position four days later. There were two questions about combinatorics and probability; they were quite interesting, but I didn't give great answers. I got rejected three days later. Good overall experience, everything went smoothly and quickly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Quick, to the point, not many behavioral questions. Seems like a company with great people. The interviewer is really nice but I was so nervous so I didn't nail it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

First round I took a half hour online test which had some pretty easy conditional probability and expected value questions. Second round I had a phone interview with a trader, which took about an hour. I stumbled on one of the questions second round, and did not move on past that point.

Interview Questions

• Three coins are in a bag. The first coin flips heads with probability 50%, the second coin flips heads with probability 60%, and the third coin flips heads with probability 70%. I pull out a coin and flip heads. If I flip this coin again, what is the probability I will get heads?   8 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It consisted on several phone interview lasting up to 1 hour and 3x 1hour interview onsite. In each round the difficulty increased but all problems were of similar type.

Interview Questions

• -Making markets on results of different probabilistic games
      -Probability, Expected Value type questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through website and received a prompt response via email. Scheduled a phone interview for following week. They called almost on time (about 15 mins late) and asked some probability questions. I had trouble understanding the interviewer's accent. He was helpful but I was nervous and only got through 2 problems.

Interview Questions

• You have a shuffled deck of 26 red and 26 black cards. You play a game by repeatedly looking at the top card and either discarding it or ending the game. At the end if the color of the next card matches that of the top card you win, otherwise you lose. What is the optimal strategy?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application form and got set up for a phone interview. First one was 30min and composed of 6 shorter probability questions. Second and third phone interviews were an hour long and only consisted of one or two harder probability questions. After the three phone interviews I was invited for an on-site interview which consisted of 4 hour-long interviews with different people. All the interviews were on probability problems and brain teasers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

I applied online. Got a response after a week, asking for a phone interview to be scheduled the week after. The interview happened in June 2016 and she was nice.

Interview Questions

• 3 digit number find the probability that the first digit is even, second digit is odd and the third digit is different from the first two digits.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street in April 2016.

Interview

Asked some difficult brain-teaser type questions. 30 min phone calls per round, I made it to round 2 before getting the rejection. The interviewers were friendly and were able to give hints and clues (though I suspect that if you needed help this would reduce your chances of employment significantly). Overall an interesting interview process, but definitely very stressful.

Interview Questions

• You have a number, and the product of its digits is 96. None of the digits is 1. What is the largest and smallest number you can think of?   3 Answers