Jane Street Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 1.5K interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jane Street

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

The process consists in answering four questions regarding statics with at time limit of thirty minutes. The questions can be mainly answered using some calculations and at times they would ask to give your opinion at the final result.

Interview Questions
  • What is the probability that when tossing two dice the sum of the numbers is even?
    Answer Question

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

First stage involves answering some basic interview questions, then a statistical problem solving test. The problem solving test was quite difficult and contained things I had not seen a lot of at university.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (Hong Kong) in Dec 2019

Interview

I submitted my CV to HK quant intern position then I got an online test a few days after. 3 questions, 30 minites. Pretty basic probability questions, expected value /conditional probability. Then I got a second round phone interview. All about probability again. What was interesting was that I answered the second and third question using the interviewers hint, but I still made it to the third round. Probably because , for the second question I made an educated estimation intuitively . And I gave a correct answer immediately after the interview gave me a hint. I told the interview that I just took probability this semester , so he probably took that into account. I think they care about intuition which can not be taught and the reasoning process. So it is ok to make a mistake or a bit lost at first, don't panic. Now I am preparing for the third round.

Interview Questions
  • 2 dice. My dice- 20 side 1-20. The other player 30side 1-30. We both flip. If my number is bigger then the other player gave me my number of dollars, vice versa. But if we got the same number , I pay the other player the number of dollars. What is the expected value of my winning or lost ?
3 people found this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in Jun 2019

Interview

I did a phone interview with Jane Street. It was a technical interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The questions focused on probability and expectation. They provide you with a PDF of the types of questions they ask you during the interview so definitely look through that to be prepared!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

There are a couple of phone interviews. The interview questions are mostly about discrete math and probability. Probability problems include conditional probability. There are a couple of questions in one interview.

Interview Questions
  • Given some numbers, which follow some pattern, what is the largest number you can make.

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Had a phone interview. They were very nice and questions are simple stats/probability. Asked me 5 questions then you can ask a question. No numerical tests beforehand. No other questions except maths ones

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

I was offered on email to move forward with my application. What happened is that I applied for one position but I was suggested to apply for another, which was also great position to start with. I soon received an email for initial screening for work authorization.

Interview Questions
  • Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to work at Jane Street?

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in Apr 2018

Interview

I applied for the internships. The interviewer speaks quite fast, which is really challenging for non-native speakers. I did badly for simple questions and failed. At the final, they will ask you what questions you have.

Interview Questions
  • Given the probability going to restaurants on Saturday and Sunday, what's the probability of going to restaurants on both days?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jane Street (Ho) in Jan 2018

Interview

It was phone interview, it was very difficult Asked lots of questions where it started off easy and there were more harder quesitons i didnt get to. overall it is difficult and you should be good at math

Interview Questions
  • Mathematical probability state questions, similar to Markov process

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Took about 30 minutes, the interviewer was very friendly, but the interview is kind of difficult, like others said, you gotta be really good at maths and statistics to pass the first round.

5 people found this interview helpful