Find jobs for Quantitative Trader

Jane Street Quantitative Trader Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 114 of over 1.5K interviews

3.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jane Street

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Phone interview with a few probability questions. There is no pre-requirement for background knowledge in Finance. Very friendly conversation. I got stuck in the middle, but immediately got some hints before I was more wrong.

Interview Questions
  • Some probability questions that you can also find on any interview book
    Answer Question

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews, did not get the job. They were composed of entirely technical questions and nothing on my background or fit. This would have culminated in a fourth round final video interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

three rounds of interviews about games. About one hour for each round and 10 mins between rounds. Each round contains many questions with limited time. I traded using token, but the result is not relevant to the tokens earned.

Interview Questions
  • trade using expected value of dice rolling and coin flipping. Sometimes they made offer to let me decide if trade or not

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

The interviewer asked me something about my background and education. She also asked about my research experience and why I want to apply for financial field. She ended up with explaining the positions of quant trader and quant researcher.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Four rounds of interviews, with the first three being phone interviews of increasing length (30 min, 45 min, and 1 hr), and the last being an on-site interview of many hours.

Interview Questions
  • Various probability questions, with a focus on expected value and decision making.

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

There were a few rounds of phone interviews. Phone interviews started out with 30 mins, then later ones take longer. I did not make past this stage so I don't know what's after.

Interview Questions
  • Simple probability problems, but I messed up on the details.

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

There are a total of 4 rounds here in London: the first is not an interview, it is to send you a question to give you the answer and explanation; the second is a telephone interview; the third is an on-site group face;

Interview Questions
  • Person A has a 20-sided dice and person B has three 6-sided dice. They both roll their dice and whoever gets a bigger number/sum of numbers wins the game. Is it a fair game? Same game with one more player C who has a 20-sided dice. Is this new game fair? (all dice are fair; a 20-sided dice has number 1,2,…, 20 on each of its 20 sides) 作者:匿名用户 链接:https://www.zhihu.com/question/29364614/answer/216229840 来源:知乎 著作权归作者所有。商业转载请联系作者获得授权,非商业转载请注明出处。 Person A and B are going to play a coin toss game. There is an initial score 0, and whenever a head/tail appears, the score +1/-1. Repeating the coin toss until one wins, that is, when the score reaches +2/-2, A/B wins the game. There is also an initial stake $1 for the game and person A has the option to double the stake every time before a coin toss. When one person wins the game, the other player needs to pay the amount of dollars on the stake to the winner. The question is: if you are person A, what is your strategy and what is your highest expected payoff of the game?

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in Dec 2020

Interview

Phone interview took 30 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and walked me through a couple of steps where I got stuck. One logical question and one statistical question was asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England, England)

Interview

Multiple rounds /3 x phone, 1 x onsite/ easy probability questions on throwing dice, playing card games and making markets. Nice interviewers, smooth process. Do make sure you are a good fit for the nerdy culture there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Got a phone screen. Was asked a couple easy questions about basic probability/statistics. I got through those really quick. Then got a difficult question I spent a lot of time on.

Interview Questions
  • What is the probability of an even number of heads when flipping n coins?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Interviews