Jane Street Quantitative Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Quantitative Trading Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.8

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Three phone interviews, each 2-3 problems. Interesting questions with many facets to discuss, usually one scenario or game which the interviewer then asked various questions about. Each person I talked to was kind and enthusiastic about Jane Street and the interview.

Onsite consisted of 4 interviews, each 60 to 90 minutes, broken up by lunch with two traders. Interviews were complex and ranged from market making to extended game analysis and a few personal questions.

Received offer onsite, following my fourth interview.

Nothing but positive things to say about the company and each employee I've met so far!

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 rounds of phone interviews (though I hear 2 and 4 are not unheard of). The first interview involved probability questions that could be solved exactly. As the rounds went on, the questions got harder, involving more trading ideas and less exact calculation. The on-site interview consisted of a super day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about Jane Street?   1 Answer

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in October 2018.

Interview

A couple phone interviews (I believe 3) and one on site interview, although I only made it to the second phone interview. I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview soon after.

Interview Questions

• If theres a 0.3 probability it'll rain on Saturday and a 0.4 probability it'll rain on Sunday, what is the range of the possible probabilities it'll rain on at least one day?   2 Answers

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

I received the first round phone interview invitation by email a week after I submitted my application online. The interviewer checked my basic information and started to ask questions right away. There were a brainteaser and some probability questions.

Interview Questions

• The smallest integer such that the product of its digits is 3000000.   2 Answers

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Did two rounds of phone interviews, each takes about 45 minutes. Not much asked about my prior experience and went straight to math questions. The interviewers were kind of inquisitive and can make you very nervous.

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street in February 2017.

Interview

All probability questions, basically no behavioral questions at all. This was a first round interview, so the questions were easy. I was just very nervous so I had a hard time but if you keep a cool head the first round shouldn't be hard.

Interview Questions

• It Rains 30% of the time on Saturday, 40% on Sunday. How often does it rain on the weekend?   4 Answers
    • You flip a coin 4 times. What is the probability that you get 2 heads?   1 Answer

Quantitative Trading Interview

Interview

I Submitted my CV online and was contacted by email to set up a phone interview which lasted for about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly brain teasers. With a bit of training it would be easy it excel in answering them.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum number of people required to guarantee that there exist 7 people who are born in the same month?   2 Answers

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process consists of 3 problem based telephone interviews, followed by one face to face interview. First round interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, with subsequent interviews lasting longer, up to one hour.

Interview Questions

• Work out a strategy for playing a game where a 100 sided fair die is rolled, and you are paid the value shown on the die in pounds. Each roll of the die costs £1.   Answer Question

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply within few days asking to arrange a phone interview. Had the phone interview 10 days later. Interviewer was nice but I just messed up and had not prepared

Interview Questions

• Simple calculation warm up followed by probability question about coins   Answer Question

Quantitative Trading Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street in October 2010.

Interview

Met a friend at the conference and got referred. 1st round interview was easy but 2nd became harder.

Interview Questions

• Player 1 chooses a number, then Player 2 chooses a different one. 2 dices are tossed, and whoever is closer to the outcome wins. Would you be P1 or P2? What number do you choose?   5 Answers