Jane Street Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

2.8

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the very next day. I have no idea how I even got an interview to be honest.

I was given an excel test to do over the weekend which took me about 45 mins to finish and review it. I sent the test back to the recruiter and was then contacted for a phone interview.

The phone interview was very straightforward with puzzles and problem-solving. They are your typical SAT questions and probability.

I was beyond nervous but solved the problems correctly and quickly. Quickness is very important to make sure you start thinking out loud right away. I used a stopwatch to help me out during the interview. I was then contacted for a phone interview with the head of risk management.

I was beyond nervous because I was doing so well and in my mind, all I can think about was flying to NY for the onsite. This is actually one of my dream companies to work for. I completely failed this interview because the nerves got the best of me. I got everything right but one which I think is okay as I saw others make it through with 1 wrong. The problem was my communication and speed. I could not stop my annoying brain from shutting down, it took me 2 minutes to figure out how to take x% of a # on top of my brain thinking faster than my mouth can move.

I think I cried for a good 10 minutes after the call as I can't believe I failed at potentially working at a company I saw myself growing old at just because my brain decided to take the day off.

Overall, it was a great experience and the hiring bar is high which I hope is something they keep. I will apply again in the future that is for sure. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Excel problems that were e-mailed to me; then I sent them back with the answers.
    Then got scheduled for a phone call. Took the phone call and they asked me the following questions. I felt the interviewer was upset with me, and somewhat dry when it came time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• The bus question and the angle of a clock.
      Then mental math: 37^2, 15% of 130   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 2 weeks. First step was completing excel exercises which took a couple of hours, then 1 phone interview that took around 15 minutes. The recruiter was extremely nice and informative about everything you need to know for the role and interview.

Interview Questions

• Angle between clock hands when it's 9.30   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I passed 2 rounds. 1st is excel take home work and you can have two days. Really easy excel functions, but try to be automatic. 2nd phone interview (brain teaser) about an hour.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied online through Handshake
    First round is several excel exercises including vlookup and some calculations. Quite easy
    Second round is a phone interview around 15 minutes and will ask 2 brainstorm questions.

Interview Questions

• The first is the bus question and second is the angle between 9:15 on the clock.   Answer Question