Jane Street Trade Desk Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Trade Desk Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.1

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Once the company expressed interest, the first task was to complete an assignment for them before conducting an interview. The assignment involved some simple excel commands and simple mathematics, but also very technical in the things you have to read and learn to know what to do, the problems weren't tricky or difficult, just very tedious.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Interview

The first round of the interview is to work on several spreadsheets. Basic Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, SUMIFS will be tested based on the questions. There are three Excel questions in total, and all the calculations can be done in Excel. The second round of the interview is about basic maths and probability questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jane Street (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

They sent me a few short exercises, asked me to answer questions and send back to them. I sent the questions back on Saturday and got reject email on Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly, They sent me some exercises to solve in the Excel based on Vlookup, SumIFs, CountIF and haircuts, bonds and maturities taking the absolute values. I spent 3 hours on them and was able to figure out the solution. You need to pay attention to minute details to get the answer correct. After doing them, the next step was a phone interview in which interviewer asked me questions about mental math. Some of my answers were incorrect, and I didn't make it through the third round. Just go through glassdoor's interview questions, and you will be able to crack the interview. Act Smartly!

Interview Questions

• Angles between the hands of clock during various positions   Answer Question
    • 3Q of people gets off bus and seven gets on, and this thing repeats for three consecutive stops, how many passengers are there on the bus at the final stop.   3 Answers

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street in November 2017.

Interview

Just have the first round with them which is an overnight excel skill test. You will have 2-3 days to complete it. After a few days handed it in, I received the rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very weird interview, only 3 brainteaser and math based questions. No fit or technical questions. They are basically trying to see how you think. Decent experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the hour hand and minutes hand of a clock if the time is 9:30   1 Answer

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position after an online info session at a university. Received a relatively fast response after applying online. I was asked to complete several assignments on Microsoft Excel, and you get 2-3 days to complete it. I turned in the assignment and was told that I wasn't continuing in the process, so I don't think I did well enough to move on to the next step of the interview process.

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied through career center, interview on campus about two weeks after I applied. All quantitive questions, there was a chance at the end to ask questions. They really want you to think out loud and explain your thought process since you aren't allowed to use pen and paper.

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied in February.
    Did a take home excel quiz that took about 20-30 minutes.
    Had phone interview with Recruiter where they asked same questions as ones posted.
    Received about take home assignment to do. This time with only VBA.
    Met with 2 pairs of people from Jane Street. They described different processes in their company and asked me how to optimize//check it.
    Fair interview but somehow it got disclosed to my company that I was interviewing at Jane Street (from an interviewer or the recruiter? Not sure who passed along that information) I was let go since then so I am rating the process down because they don't seem to keep your information confidential otherwise I'd say it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Angle between minute and hour hand at different times.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They started by sending me a list of tasks to complete by excel. They gave me a few days and were very nice throughout the entire process. However, after submitting my results I was not called for another interview