Jane Street Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jane Street Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.7

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through school career service. Got an email for an alternative online test. I thought I did a good job in the test and got an phone interview after the test. Rejected shortly after the phone interview. Questions are hard but the interviewer were nice and gave you some hints.

Interview Questions

• Flip a coin. Expected number of flips to get HHH. Give the value of a game.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews and one onsite interview. Questions got harder with each subsequent interview. They were mostly math and probability questions but the onsite interview had fun games that used poker chips. It was mostly to see how you'd do as a trader

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and got contacted within a month for the first round phone interview. I applied for software development intern but they are full. So they set me up for the trader intern role interview. I am not good at probability at all, but the interviewer was nice and coached me through. I got rejected one day after which is very much expected.

Interview Questions

• probability related. Described a auction related situation and asked what amount of money would I pay for an item. Forgot the exact question.   Answer Question
    • birthday question.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Phone interviews with math questions. First interview was pretty easy and they invited me to a second interview. The second interviewer never called at the scheduled time. I had to email the recruiter to ask what happened - they were "busy" and forgot. We rescheduled, but I had lost my interest by then.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in March 2017.

Interview

Standard Trading interview. Had an online test, then moved to phone interview with a trader. Very little behavioral, jumped right into the technical. Took close to 50 mins, which was lot longer than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• The first player chose an integer between 1-30. The second player picks a different one. After that, a random integer (x) between 1-30 will be generated. The player whose number is closer to x get paid x dollars.   3 Answers

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in October 2017.

Interview

I only had a phone call, the person was nice, but it wasn't comfortable answering stat questions in the phone. When answering questions, i was guided by the interviewer when I was unsure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through handshake and was contacted for an interview. I had an interview on campus and then a phone screen. I was cut after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• If you roll two dice and you have the option to roll again and get paid the highest roll, when is it optimal to roll again?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Lot of probability questions and quantitative concept checks. Got to second round phone screen, but messed up on questions that were not too diff. Would recommend this company, make sure to have a decent handle on probability and expectation beforehand though

Interview Questions

• Probability questions regarding expected values and permutations   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Four rounds, three on the phone one in person, got to the second round, all tech questions. Everything is probability or game theory, nothing that requires serious previous knowledge but must have strong intuitions for these and be able to explain thought process well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed a day after. There are five (?) rounds in total I believe. They are pretty clear about the interview process (the person I spoke with explained everything in the beginning of the first round interview). The first two rounds consisted of mostly probability questions. I think most of the questions were expected value and didn't require a very deep understanding of probability (just have a solid grasp of the basics). Made it to the third round but that hasn't happened yet..

Interview Questions

• If I flip four coins and give you a dollar for every head, what is the expected value of this game?   2 Answers