Jani-King Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jani-King (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This company has one of the most above-board, transparent and sensible recruitment and interview processes of any company of its type. It is certainly the most professionally staffed in terms of recruitment in the cleaning industry. Application process is extremely rapid and simple. There are no lengthy forms and website processes to complete. If you are selected for an interview, you are given a brief overview interview by phone. If selected, you are promptly told where a face to face interview will be held, mine was at the regional office, and the time is perfectly recorded and confirmed. The interview was with a leading corporate executive who has and has had hands-on sales and branch management experience, so his insights and information were accessible, totally credible and first-rate. Questions are not ducked, and honest answers that reflect the TRUTH Pro and Con about matters are freely answered. I then had another follow-up phone interview with a corporate colleague of the man who interviewed me in the office. This interview reiterated the position, re-explained the needs, demands, skill sets required, and expectations. The company sends out clear statements of a detailed job description and very clear budgets and financial expectations ahead of time. Even if I had NOT been successful here, I would have noted the unique, positive nature of this company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• The emphasis was on what the CANDIDATE can bring to the table, not so mich what he has done; the other questions related to supervisory and managerial experiences. This company very clearly lays out its sales and its sales management expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very clear-cut statements of offer and terms.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jani-King (Anaheim, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and honest asked job history selling style work independently quickly company car cold call family work Monday thru Friday good salary and benefits interview was quick easy painless took 45 minutes asked regular questions

Head Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jani-King (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

A three question job skills assessment, two questions about past employers, one question about schedule, and six questions about criminal and drug use history. Cue up the tape of old SNL's skit "Lowered Expectations" because 'dead-end job' just doesn't do it justice.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jani-King (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There was someone interviewing when I arrived and two people waiting as I was leaving so the interview didn't last long. Unfortunately, I didn't ask the length of employment of the sales department. I just asked how long the interviewer had been with the company.

Regional Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jani-King in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and receive an email for phone interview the next day. The interview process took about 6 weeks because no one follow up with you. They don't have a HR department for the interview process. It was the Executive Director who emailed me and interviewed me. He seem to be extremely busy and unable to follow up after the in person interview. I emailed him couple times and finally got his rejection email 5 weeks later. They do expect you to manage your team and to close contract. It's all about sales (90%) instead of management (10%) They do offer the same salary for the position no matter where you live. I will get the same salary living in LA compare to someone who live in West Virginia. I already accepted another job offer after I didn't hear from them in 3 weeks. In order to be successful with this company you need to be very good at selling and selling yourself to them.

Interview Questions

• What motivate you to sell? Why you like to sell? What do you do to motivate your team to sell? Why do you think you should be closing the big contract instead of your sales team?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Two interviews. Very short. Long call back time. Unnecessary personal questions. Agreed on salary at first interview. Had to re negotiate salary on second meeting. Unprofessional and distracted during interview, taking cell calls, checking email / text msgs. stopping interview several times to take phone calls, etc.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Easy, straight-forward. 2-3 Day interviewing process. They want to know who you are as a person, worker and how your over all attitude would affect your work ethic. Wants you to get to know there company. Has a caring attitude and wants you to really get to know the company while growing with the company; promoting within.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jani-King (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was allowed to fill out the paper application in the employee break room without any outside disturbance , & once the application was turned over I was interviewed and hired on the spot without any delay. I met with the leading team members and personnel briefly after the interview and was given a quick tour of the facility and briefed on the dress code policy.

Interview Questions

• How soon were you looking to start working?   1 Answer
    • Are you available for second shift hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jani-King (Brooklyn Center, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two men and a woman. It was a fairly easy interview. I got hired on the spot. Two of the three people left within one month of me starting my job.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Read off of a piece of paper. I asked them more questions than they asked me.   1 Answer

Outsides Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jani-King (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Joke, they hired me on the first meeting and lied about everything...I'm talking about St Louis Outside sales...stay away from this company and the scam artist MIKE WALKER....whole thing is a lying scam...there is no base salary, its a guaranteed draw and you have to sell 30000 per month to make commissions, its all a lie and he is a CONTROL FREAK

Interview Questions

• who cares what they asked, don't take a job with this company   1 Answer