Jani-King Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.2

Ops Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jani-King (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Fifteen minute interview while she was eating scrambled eggs " with her mouth open " at Dennys restaurant. I only answered how old I was, and the rest of the interview process she was just babbling issues that weren't even relative. Had I had a phychiatry degree, I may have recognized her Narcissistic personality disorder. I never had any complaints and bonused 4of6 last months and the other 2 territory Favorites did not. They needed new accounts in a hurry to begin bonusing again and or their Base Pay would decrease,,,(10yrs Favorites) . 6 People hired and fired in 3 yrs..MANAGEMENT INCOMPETENCE, ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WI THIS WRONGFUL BEHAVIOR. BEWARE.........

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Na..

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jani-King (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This company has one of the most above-board, transparent and sensible recruitment and interview processes of any company of its type. It is certainly the most professionally staffed in terms of recruitment in the cleaning industry. Application process is extremely rapid and simple. There are no lengthy forms and website processes to complete. If you are selected for an interview, you are given a brief overview interview by phone. If selected, you are promptly told where a face to face interview will be held, mine was at the regional office, and the time is perfectly recorded and confirmed. The interview was with a leading corporate executive who has and has had hands-on sales and branch management experience, so his insights and information were accessible, totally credible and first-rate. Questions are not ducked, and honest answers that reflect the TRUTH Pro and Con about matters are freely answered. I then had another follow-up phone interview with a corporate colleague of the man who interviewed me in the office. This interview reiterated the position, re-explained the needs, demands, skill sets required, and expectations. The company sends out clear statements of a detailed job description and very clear budgets and financial expectations ahead of time. Even if I had NOT been successful here, I would have noted the unique, positive nature of this company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• The emphasis was on what the CANDIDATE can bring to the table, not so mich what he has done; the other questions related to supervisory and managerial experiences. This company very clearly lays out its sales and its sales management expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very clear-cut statements of offer and terms.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Two interviews. Very short. Long call back time. Unnecessary personal questions. Agreed on salary at first interview. Had to re negotiate salary on second meeting. Unprofessional and distracted during interview, taking cell calls, checking email / text msgs. stopping interview several times to take phone calls, etc.

Corporate Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jani-King (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening done by an HR temp. Then met with HR director. She had a standard set of 25 interview questions. Was just 100% honest and ended up with an offer

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome a challenge on a team?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jani-King (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There was someone interviewing when I arrived and two people waiting as I was leaving so the interview didn't last long. Unfortunately, I didn't ask the length of employment of the sales department. I just asked how long the interviewer had been with the company.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jani-King in December 2014.

Interview

In-person interview and 2 phone interviews. The questions were not difficult if you are comfortable interviewing with employers. Be candid and honest. Be yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Easy, straight-forward. 2-3 Day interviewing process. They want to know who you are as a person, worker and how your over all attitude would affect your work ethic. Wants you to get to know there company. Has a caring attitude and wants you to really get to know the company while growing with the company; promoting within.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jani-King (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

2 stage interview process: 1st interview was a face-to-face interview with the V.P.; 2nd interview was another face-to-face interview with the Director of Marketing, and also the V.P.. This was type of panel interview.

Interview Questions

• - What skills do you have, that would be beneficial for the position?
      - How can you increase sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

after the 2nd interview, an offer was presented

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jani-King in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took a few weeks. I thought the interview was challenging, yet only of a medium difficulty (at most). If you can sell yourself well and identify past successes you have experienced, you should do well. You initially have a phone interview. Then, you interview with the Regional Director. Next, you meet for a follow-up interview with the Regional Director and the VP of Sales (which is the most challenging part of the interview process). If you handle their questions with ease, and sell yourself well...you have a great chance of "closing the sale" on yourself. Once they have you almost on board, you will go out in the field with another sales representative and make cold calls and first meetings with prospects (to see if this is the right fit for you). Then, you have a more casual follow up with Regional Director to discuss the specifics (start date, salary, benefits & etc.)

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I recall was, "Tell me about a time when you experienced a customer service failure. How did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure they are aware of what you expect in a base salary and prove that you are worth far more than that base salary.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jani-King (Clarksville, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

2 interviews , 1 group interview and 1 one on one, can you sell ? and can you read , and can you read a map, can you use a computer with office applications, when can you start.