Jarden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jarden Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview process began with an email with several questions that asked about availability to do certain tasked. It was almost in lieu of a phone interview. Next was an invitation to an face to face interview with their director and several managers that would be working with the interns. This panel interview was more traditional panel interview with questions and answers.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jarden (Fishers, IN).

Interview

Very long and drawn out. It took months before I was scheduled for a phone interview, then weeks between the next phone interview, then weeks until onsite interview. The job description did not fit the interview, the interview was more for project management and not as described originally. When I asked for clarity and even at one point, asked what a typical day would be like, it seemed as though nobody knew. Lockers for personal belongings, not having the same workspace from day-to-day (floating work environment), and scheduling private rooms (two hours max) when needing to concentrate, is managements idea of collaborative environment. If you ever interview there, don't ever use the word "I" when describing your accomplishments, they are very team oriented. It is apparent that this company is only looking for cogs in a machine vs someone working hard to be a linchpin.

Interview Questions

• You are project manager for a project with the stakeholder being the vice-president and SAP goes down. What do you tell the stakeholder?   Answer Question

Contract Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jarden.

Interview

One hour interview with site management. Conversational style; definitely not scripted. There was no second interview or other follow-up. Offer came within a week of the interview. Did not get to meet anyone else at the facility until the assignment started.

SD/WM Functional/Technical Within the IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jarden (Fishers, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews. 3rd interview onsite. Expected to see team environment. The individuals within the department seemed more robotic. I was provided an itinerary with names and positions of several different people on the panel. People you would normally interview with for a position with SAP SD; the SD delivery Manager, the Logistics Manager, the IT manager, etc... A few names were changed, was not communicated to me of the change. These people were not part of what I would think was an ERP IT department. When the interview first started, one would interview. Leave and the next individual would come in. The same questions were asked over and over. Yes, basically I answered the same with each :). This process was steady until about 12:30pm. I did feel rushed in my responses. I noticed the interviewer was watch looking about every 5 minutes. Almost going just through the process because they had to. The position was for SD/WM role, which I am extremely qualified for, but most of the questions were specific to the finance module. Not to condition types, or billing types, but to the FI module only. This was somewhat confusing to me. I did not apply for a finance position. I respect the consultants that do finance, but it is not where I want to be in my career. I tried to steer away from the finance questions altogether. Apparently, that did not help much, as I did not get the job! Reason told to me....they found another candidate that had more finance! My first thought, why were you posting a position for SD/WM if you wanted a FICO person? Just shaking my head. This was truly a waste of time and I could have been doing something more productive. Their decision was perfectly fine for me. After the last person left (which she was the finance manager and not part of IT), about 30 minutes later, when my person that was on my list as next did not show up, I stuck my head out the door and asked if I was to leave as no one came back into the room for like 30 minutes. Normally when I have flown into a client site, I saw more of a team environment and the team was more approachable. I debated on resending my application as I did not want a position in finance, it was not what I applied for, I did not, I waited it out. When watching the people working, They seemed like they were just kinda robotic. Felt the presence of people being micro-managed, like they were too scared to say hello to a colleague kind of feel. For me, it's kind of a strange place. This is based on my interview experience only. Maybe it will seem different to others. If you apply, good luck.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jarden (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

initallu recruiter screening .Phone interview(1 or 2) rounds. technical skills and personality skills , face to face (3-5 people).Again same repeat, same personlaity questions, process questions with hiring team as well as local leadership .Offer extended based on performance

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jarden (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Was recruited at a job fair. Gave them my resume and got an email a few weeks later scheduling an interview. The whole team was present via a conference call. Asked behavioral questions and questions about my future goals, as well as what type of work environment I liked most.

National Account Sales Interview

Interview

The entire process was poorly executed. An external recruiter contacted me and told me I was a strong fit. They asked to put my resume in front of Jarden's hiring team. Feedback was supposed to be provided within the week. Two weeks later, after multiple emails requesting a status update, they had no direction from Jarden. Then, on Monday at 4:30 PM I was contacted and asked to drive two hours the next day for a face to face interview. They literally provided 18 hours notice. I was frustrated because I had to clear my calendar or forfeit the interview. Follow up was supposed to be provided within 48 hours of the interview for next steps. As expected, it took a full week. No offer was extended, but after this process I had reservations about working with Jarden. The interview process provides insight into how a company operates.

Also, there was no offer to compensate me for gas, tolls for the trip.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jarden (Aurora, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Fast relaxed atmosphere. Very insightful answers from the employer. Gave a realistic view of needs wants and requirements. Very engaged and to the point. Nothing was left as questionable.

Interview Questions

• What was your last job's typical day consist of? What are your
      Strengths and weakness? Do you feel comfortable with problem solving on your own?
      1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jarden (Annapolis, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by the regional manager to come for an interview. We scheduled a meeting for the next day, I met in the store with the regional manager, we then met in the mall seating area. The questions were pretty standard retail manager questions. She asked if I had any questions, and we chatted about our families.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an employee not responding to traditional training?   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jarden (Fishers, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiting company and had to go through their screening. Once presented to Jarden, I was interviewed by HR, the IT hiring manager, potential peers at the same position level, and eventually the CIO. Then I was interviewed by Business Managers and Directors I was going to work for/with. Everybody was very friendly and easy to make a connection with.

Interview Questions

• How would you from IT make a difference on our business operations?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think there seems to always be a disconnect between IT and Operations?   Answer Question
    • How do you go about learning what the companies top line is?   Answer Question