Jared Galleria of Jewelry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jared Galleria of Jewelry Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.6

Diamond Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

I had 6 interviews. SIX! One with each manager one on one, then one with a panel of all of them. The other two was for a personality test and hiring paperwork. In the panel interview I was asked to give them a diamond presentation because I had experience at a different store. I was caught a bit off guard by this, but I think it was likely to see how I handled stress.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, with the tools they provided me, to give a complete diamond presentation.   Answer Question

Jewelry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

Long online application followed by interviewing with assistant general manager or other manager in the company.
    If all goes well, you'll interview with the GEneral Manager.
    Offered job same day I met with the General manager at second interview

Interview Questions

• For copies of proven sales records in order to offer me top dollar hourly.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

Easy, take a vurtual test online, go interview & they hire anyone their turn over rate is awful... if you bring proof of previous sales they put it in a wage calculator they tell you how much commission you can make & its all bs

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I did for a living   1 Answer

Jewelry Repair Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very insightful. I was told about all the opportunities availiable and how I could make an impact. They were very interested in me and what my goals were. I think I was able to connect because they made the effort to connect with me.

Apprentice Jeweler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with a gentleman named Vern and he was an excellent chap to sit down and discuss ideas and concepts with. He grilled me on my knowledge and background and I was straight forward and honest that I had limited experience but this was a dream of mine. He expressed that this is the type of individual that they are looking for and grilled me some more. But his questions were in a manner that kept me feeling comfortable and relaxed, that though I was under pressure, I felt I was truly talking with an inquisitive colleague.

Interview Questions

• So, you say love working with jewelry, what prompted this love, I mean, how did it come to fruition, what was the catalyst and how did this become a part of your life?   Answer Question

General Manager/General Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Dulles, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, emailed by DM a week later, after clarifying that I am currently employed that was when the hoop jumping began. Several email exchanges later, called the DM and was given only one interview date option with zero wiggle room on location which was an hour away. Arrived to interview, DM was already present at location however it was approx 15 min after interview time that I was seen. Interview was approx 1 1/2hr. Concluded with the DM telling me that not only were both the GM and the GM in Training positions filled but they were filled by applicants who better "fit" the background. Further detail described the multi facets of other manager positions however they do not hire in from the outside for those positions. Essentially left the interview with an offer for a Sales Associate level position with an over 20% cut from my current salary on the pretense that promotion would occur in 6-12mths to Assistant Store level. General Manager is 24mths minimum.

Interview Questions

Aside from the thinly veiled smoke screen in positions my decline was primarily based on the DM's demeanor. Very inconsiderate overall. How you interview as a DM speaks volumes on how you will behave as my DM. A DM who conducts interviews with blatant disregard to the applicant's time and experience is a DM who only seeks what is beneficial for themselves and deals in absolutes. If you can't be a team player as an interviewer than I won't be able to count on you to have my back as my boss.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

Interview was easy, Management is very personable and easy to talk to. I had an employee referral from upper management which might have been why, but if you can show that you're personable, easily approachable, and driven they will be happy. Smile a lot, show enthusiasm for teamwork and training.

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Mobile, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

It's was pretty easy I applied on a Sunday got a call for an interview Monday went I. Tuesday and interviews with the store manager got an second interview with the genarl manager and got hired but here I am 2 weeks later still waiting on my offer to come back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing you don't get to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

the interview process was pretty easy. asked questions to get to know you and your background. gave information about what was expected. described what it was like to be in the sales position and gave a tour of the store to show the lines of jewelry that the store carried.

Interview Questions

• just asked about what you are able to bring to the team as a sales associate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was reached over the phone after applying a few days prior and was asked for an interview that day. I sat in a small office for about 20 minutes waiting for a manager to interview me. In the next two rooms others were being interviewed for the same position.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishments are you proud of?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any awards from your past jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why would a job here benefit you?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you thought differently or outside of the box and contributed that idea   Answer Question
    • What kind of things have you been accountable for at your previous jobs?   Answer Question