Jaros Baum & Bolles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.1

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The people in their marketing team were very kind, and the process is delightful. One designer asked me about my background information and two other people asked me about my design strategy.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you are working under a great time pressure?   Answer Question

HVAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews with people of different levels of the company. Everyone was nice but the system was disorganized and it felt rushed. My last interview was cut short and they basically kicked us out at 11:30 because they had a meeting

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through a career fair at my university. Was contacted a few months later to come in for an in-person interview. There were about 10 other candidates there that day interviewing as well. We watched a presentation from two of the partners, then each had 5 individual 10 minute interviews with different employees. Finally, we each met with the head of HR before leaving the office.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

went over 2 interviewers, asked a few questions each, simple questions, knowledge about AutoCad or Revit would be helpful during the whole process. very easy interviewers and helpful engineers

Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied by submitted a resume at an on campus interview. Was emailed to set up an in person interview a few months later. You show up at the same time as about 5 other candidates and everyone is rotated around about 5 interviewers. Some were partners (head guys there, since it is a privately owned firm) and some were regular engineers not much older than yourself. Questions were very easy and general, just stuff about your projects and basic experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't much of an interview. During my interview, I met with three of the partners and two young engineers. Meeting with the young engineers, your job is to ask them questions about their day-to-day work life and they'll occasionally ask you questions as well. Same with the partners. They'll scan your resume and ask you random questions but nothing too technical. They're very friendly. You should be okay if you're a social person. They look to hire people that are social and articulate since the job requires you to speak with a lot of contractors and a bunch of other people when working on a certain project.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Just be prepared to speak about yourself a lot and what you have to offer the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed in November 2013 & got a call back with an offer in February 2014. No negotiation and the offer was pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

You were cycled through 5 interviewers. Informal interview, they just wanted to get to know you. Almost no behavioral or technical questions. Be ready to explain your experience and projects.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

speak with 5 different people, in different levels at the company. Very easy questions, just talk about yourself and your experiences. Get to know the partners, associates and engineers. You are there for a couple hours during the day, speaking for 30 minutes one-on-one with different people. I got a call back two days later, not exactly sure what the typical timeline is.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in January 2011.

Interview

I spoke with someone from the company at a career fair and was contacted to come in for an interview a few months later. The interview consisted of multiple one-on-one interviews where I rotated around to different people in the office. They were interviewing many people at the same time. They mainly asked general questions about my educational background and work experience, and why I wanted the job, nothing too out of left field.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the hiring managers at JBB and after a primarily screening of my resume and interest for the position I received an e-mail to go to their office for an interview. The interview was not very organized as the secretary had no idea where I was supposed to go. After going through the one on one interviews, I was told I would hear back in a week. I still have not heard back from them and I expect I was not extended an offer.