Jasper Engines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jasper Engines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jasper Engines (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted app online, took online personality test, phone interview with Area Manager? I think? He never gave me his title or business card.... He asked if I could meet today about 100 miles from where I live and I agree.
    Arrived 15 minutes early at a Jamba Juice and he called and said he was at a different Jamba Juice than the one he had sent me the address to.??
    Spent 20 minutes telling me what he expected and how structured they are. When I questioned the micro-management, he said, well we have systems you must adhere to.
    Asked very little about me, kinda canned questions.
    I than asked about how the compensation structure was set up, he was double talking and I asked outright what was the pay one could expect and he said $65K on a one year guarantee than straight commission....really? He than said after one year you might qualify for a company vehicle if one comes available, only Dodge or Chrysler cars and in the meantime they would give a vehicle allowance.
    When I told him I had an F-250 Diesel pick up he said " That won't work, this interview is over"...
    I felt it was over after the compensation was revealed.
    What a joke, total waste of my time and he wasn't even apologetic that I drove 100 miles for that!
    He than said as I walked away, " too bad because you'd be perfect for the position".
    Yes I would but you have to pay a living wage and provide the tools (car, etc) for one to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk to garage owners?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jasper Engines.

Interview

This company is very thorough and they want to make sure they have the right person. I really like the ride along part. it is great for both parties. They can see if you are a good fit and you can see if you want to work for this company.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jasper Engines (Jasper, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Personality Test, Phone Interview, Supervisor interview, Panel Interview, Job Offer. Will want you to meet at least three different managers. Are looking to ween out people they don't feel will want to make a career out of Jasper Engines.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving you current job   1 Answer

Interview

3 interviews, and a ride along

Negotiation

Base and bonus, later went to commission only

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jasper Engines.

Interview

Very long and drawn out interview. Talked to numerous different people on the phone; hr, sales managers, president, etc. Face to face interview with territory manager then drove to home office in Indiana. Rough interviews with 4-6 different managers, owner, president, etc. Condescending attitude toward me when I felt I was over-qualified for the position. Called all my references. I felt it was an overly thorough and scrutinizing interview process for a job that pays under 60k with all bonuses. Placed a LOT of weight on the online personality tests that in my opinion are a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Role playing of selling a random product. Pretty standard interview questions. Helps to know about cars.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jasper Engines (Sacramento, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Before we begin lets pray. Now tell us about yourself in 10 words or less. are you married, how many children to you have and will they interfere with your job performance. Would you mind using your personal car at 11 cents a mile, do you have a cell phone and laptop for work purpose's

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights and weekends without submitting for overtime   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jasper Engines (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Spoke with Ingrid in HR and she was very nice. Went over normal sales Q's. I used the STAR system and it went very well. She was very interested but I didnt get the job as I lived to far outside the area of sales.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a issue. What was it and what did you do about it.   Answer Question
    • What would make you stand out from the crowd of candidates   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jasper Engines (Jasper, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

3 tests on the front end: Math, Mechanical aptitude, and personality test. 1 hands on exercise. Interview w/ HR and hiring manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jasper Engines (Montgomery, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very professional but not intimidating. Japser goes to great lengths to hire trainable people into a proven process. I was initially contacted by a district manager and interviewed on the the phone. Later a personal interview was arranged and a personality test was delivered to me. The people at the local location were friendly, the operation and facilities were top notch and the work culture was positive everyone seemed to be truly happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how have you handled a difficult or irrate customer or client in the past.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Everyone starts on a realitivley level playing field. There is not a lot of room for negotiating but you are given a resonable expectations and what you can expect for your efforts.