Jasper Engines & Transmissions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jasper Engines & Transmissions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jasper Engines & Transmissions (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted app online, took online personality test, phone interview with Area Manager? I think? He never gave me his title or business card.... He asked if I could meet today about 100 miles from where I live and I agree.
    Arrived 15 minutes early at a Jamba Juice and he called and said he was at a different Jamba Juice than the one he had sent me the address to.??
    Spent 20 minutes telling me what he expected and how structured they are. When I questioned the micro-management, he said, well we have systems you must adhere to.
    Asked very little about me, kinda canned questions.
    I than asked about how the compensation structure was set up, he was double talking and I asked outright what was the pay one could expect and he said $65K on a one year guarantee than straight commission....really? He than said after one year you might qualify for a company vehicle if one comes available, only Dodge or Chrysler cars and in the meantime they would give a vehicle allowance.
    When I told him I had an F-250 Diesel pick up he said " That won't work, this interview is over"...
    I felt it was over after the compensation was revealed.
    What a joke, total waste of my time and he wasn't even apologetic that I drove 100 miles for that!
    He than said as I walked away, " too bad because you'd be perfect for the position".
    Yes I would but you have to pay a living wage and provide the tools (car, etc) for one to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk to garage owners?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jasper Engines & Transmissions.

Interview

Very long and drawn out interview. Talked to numerous different people on the phone; hr, sales managers, president, etc. Face to face interview with territory manager then drove to home office in Indiana. Rough interviews with 4-6 different managers, owner, president, etc. Condescending attitude toward me when I felt I was over-qualified for the position. Called all my references. I felt it was an overly thorough and scrutinizing interview process for a job that pays under 60k with all bonuses. Placed a LOT of weight on the online personality tests that in my opinion are a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Role playing of selling a random product. Pretty standard interview questions. Helps to know about cars.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jasper Engines & Transmissions (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Spoke with Ingrid in HR and she was very nice. Went over normal sales Q's. I used the STAR system and it went very well. She was very interested but I didnt get the job as I lived to far outside the area of sales.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a issue. What was it and what did you do about it.   Answer Question
    • What would make you stand out from the crowd of candidates   Answer Question