Jawbone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jawbone Interview Questions

2.9

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I met with 4 different people over the course of 3 hours. Everyone was friendly and thorough and I felt like it was very efficient to do this all at once.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with dogs in the office?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jawbone.

Interview

Was given a phone screen following a referral. However, I plainly didn't have the experience they required for the role, which was mentioned several times and highlighted embarrassingly when the first question required me to define an industry term I hadn't used before, even though I realized when it was defined for me that it was something I do in my current role on a daily basis. Because I lacked that specific piece of industry knowledge, the tone of the interview thereafter was quite... exasperated, and I lost my footing and slipped up on some pretty simple questions after that. This was not a pleasant interview, and nor, I think, was it intended to be. I can't rate it as a "negative experience" because it's on me: I performed poorly and should have done more preparation. A wasted chance.

People Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was one of the fastest I've experienced. The recruiters were very organized and ensured that I was "in the loop" throughout the interview. Phone interview with recruiter, in-person with People Ops team, offer extended.

Interview Questions

• Questions re: past projects, scenario based questions, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone.

Interview

3 phone interviews. 1. HR
                                     2. Hiring Manager
                                     3. Employee interview
    The process was simple and there were a few questions that were to see culture fit. The manager was very nice and was interested so see interests.

Interview Questions

• Past projects. Software Experience. Some questions related to trees and algorithms.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone screen and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 4-6 different people and had lunch there in between interviews with the hiring manager. I spoke with a variety of different people, from other PMs, to dev project manager, to design. I liked the variety of people I spoke to and I enjoyed getting to know everyone. It took them a long time to get back to me on their decision and I had to prod them several times, with them telling me they're just finishing up interviews and I was a top candidate (hard to know if this is true or not, but I felt very good about the interview and how I did). Ended up getting beat out by someone with a little more experience, but it was overall a good experience meeting the team. It was my first interview and I think it helped a lot in the rest of my job search.

Interview Questions

• What is your feedback for this page? Why? How do you work with designers?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by email a week later. Talk with the recruiter about my interests. Then talked with a team Manager. Then I talked with the Engineering team and finally I had an on site interview talking with several members of the team I could potentially work with. Questions were simple and they wanted to understand my interests and how I could help further the company goals.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online.

Got an email back within the first 3 days post submission.

The recruiter was at least 40 minutes late for the call. Did not call/text to inform that he will be late. Still got a call however no apology what so ever.

Interview questions were completely off, the recruiter did not review my CV prior to the call and had no idea that he is speaking to a senior level individual. Extremely unprofessional which left me with a very poor impression of Jawbone as an employer.

When I have asked questions around some of the feedback on Glassdoor I was simply ignored.

It's been months and I have not received any update regarding my application.

Would never ever work for a company with such poor ethics! Hire recruiters that have less ego and more people skills. Probably one of the worst internal recruiters I've ever had an opportunity to speak to.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you experience can relate to technology company that we are.   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The Interview process was good and they had a design question. There was a Database design question which has normalization and tables. There was a design question using MapReduce. There was question regarding the previous projects. The interview process is not that difficult if you have experience in the area and this company has start up environment.People are friendly.Recruiter is smart and he is not so quick in the follow up but then he will let you know about the decision within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Design question on the battery peaks and troughs using Map Reduce   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Worst company to interview for. Total waste of time. I was contacted by an HR for a Software Engineering position. He then scheduled a technical phone interview. During the interview, my interviewer said he wants me to come for an onsite. I mentioned that I have an onsite in the Bay Area with some other company. I was asked to give an onsite interview during my pre planned trip but because of some commitments I said I won't be able to interview during this trip.

After this I didn't get any reply from the HR for the next 3 weeks. I sent 4 emails, contacted the HR and the interviewer on Linkedin, but still they haven't replied. I got a reply from the HR after my 5th email nearly 4 weeks after my interview. He said they will interview me if I am coming to bay area for some other company.

If you are not willing to pay for an onsite trip, why do you interview people outside of Bay area? The entire interview process is a sheer waste of time and efforts. HR is really unprofessional and they have no regards for the people who are trying to find a job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straight forward and easy. Don't waste your time behind this company.   Answer Question

Unprofessional behavior from the HR. No replies to the email, company not willing to pay for the travel, very bad interview experience and because of all this, I don't want to join a company wherein they don't value people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, interview process was fast: 1) phone screen with HR / recruiter, 2) technical interview with future manager over the phone (< 45 minutes) 3) flight to an on-site interview that went on for something like 5-6 hours total.

The onsite interview was with engineering management, as well as three other engineers, and covered mostly practical and applied engineering topics, but also included a few brain teasers.

Lunch was provided, and there was a "culture fit" interview with an employee over lunch as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected -- you should prepare with some algorithm questions, but also have had some experience with their programming languages of choice for your interview (e.g., Python for non-mobile development)   Answer Question