Jawbone Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jawbone Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via jobvite (employee referral) on 2/22; 2 [1 hour] phone screens (3/10; 3/20) and an on-site 4/1 for the UP team [~5 hours + lunch].

Efficient interview process, everything moved very quickly and I enjoyed the overall experience. My interview started off with lunch since I was flying in from Seattle, followed by 3-4 in-person interviews afterwards. The questions were fair and I enjoyed my interview process -- the staff was super nice (receptionist and such), one of the gentleman even hailed a cab for me in the pouring SF rain.

I didn't get to tour the office very much, but it seemed pretty open with large flat desks (mostly a Mac shop) with ample room to work with people side by side. I spent most of my time at the lunch table and in the conference room where my interview was; unlike some other companies I was able to take to break in between (not true for quite a few places I've also interviewed at). There were a couple of dogs running around which I think is awesome, unless you have allergies.

Per the other interviewer, I disagree with the reimbursement schedule -- it took a bit of a emailing to get it back, but no more than other companies in the bay area.

Interview Questions

• I applied as a front-end software engineer and was asked pretty specific questions that tested breadth and depth of the web stack and then some (i.e. data structures, CSS, JavaScript, event handling, HTML, etc.). The questions were things you'd encounter on the job, pretty fair imho.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jawbone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter, followed by a talk with the hiring manager. It was mostly about my background and his introduction of the team. Went to on-site the next week. It was composed of 3 tech interviews with engineers and one chitchat with a manager. The technical interview went well. I specifically liked one coding question which was more like real life work for a backend engineer. The other two were pretty standard interview questions.

Contacted by the recruiter the next few day to talk about the next step. I was honest to him, saying I was not quite sure to join them after the interview, and I would like to think about it. They didn't continue.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jawbone (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process with Jawbone was great. There was a bit of a delay in communication at times, but I was going through my rounds of phone interviews around the holidays, so just about everyone I was talking to had the same issue. Most of my communication went through a recruiter who was great, responsive, and easy to work with. I had 3 phone interviews before they offered to fly me out to the bay area, The first one was just with the recruiter and was the very simple "Hey, we're interested in you, here's what we do, are you interested?" type interviews. The second and third were 1 hour phone interviews with engineers. I was asked a few technical questions and did a bit of semi-challenging coding in a shared document. These interviews happened in pretty quick succession over two weeks or so, and they were generally prompt with letting me know next steps.

After the holidays past they called to let me know they wanted to fly me out to SF for on-site interviews. They were very easy to schedule with and set up all the plans. Very accommodating. The interview had a pretty standard format. Several consecutive ~1 hour interviews with different members of related technical teams. Each one talking about your experience and asking questions both about design and implementation involving white board coding.

All the interviewers were very friendly, helpful if you were stuck or confused about the question, easy to talk to and get along with, and it was a wonderful interview experience.

Interview Questions

• In as much technical detail as possible, how would you design the infrastructure for a twitter-like site (at scale).   1 Answer
    • Design and implement (preferably in python) a simple client and server application to upload/receive files, with the ability to resume interrupted files.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. I had done my homework on salaries from them and in the area in general for similar positions and they gave me the upper end of the range I specified (based on evaluated skill level). The benefits package is also great.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First - Hiring manager review
    Second - Assignment to be done at home