Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a screening call with someone in HR. Had a super day with 7 interviews (4 associates, 2 VPS, 1 SVP). Each interview was highly technical and there was little to no focus on "fit". Employees all came from engineering backgrounds instead of finance. Did not receive an offer and likely would have rejected as it was clearly not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a specific example of a valuation model you recently put together?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people at the company including the hiring manager. The included a combination of phone and in-person interviews. They provided an overview of what they were looking for and asked a few questions about me. After the 3rd interview, I did not hear back from them so I reached out to get a status on where they were in the process. I did not get an answer to my e-mail on the status request.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college recruitment and was contacted for a first-round phone interview after two weeks. Questions asked were very standard behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why Jefferies, why risk management, etc. The whole interview lasted for half an hour. I received the rejection letter one week after that.

Full-time Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received phone interview from one VP. He is very nice and asked some general interview questions. It takes about 20 minutes. First introduced myself, then asked me the last work experience, and one project, and programming skills. In additional, he asked me one technique question about the concept of join in SQL.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example related to SQL left join, what is the outcome?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

I applied online through their website and after a behavioral interview over the phone I was invited to a super day where I had five interviews with the group members, none of them was pure technical. It took them 3 weeks to get back to me after the final interview

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Phone interview (30 mins), followed by on-campus interview (1 hour). Both times the interviewers were alums, and they were fairly friendly. The on campus interview seemed much more formal, and it was largely talking about your resume and behavioral things, only 2 technical questions (had received a bunch in phone interview earlier)

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview for 30 mins.
    Firstly introduce himself and my background.
    Then quickly walk through resume &dig in.
    The interviewer is really nice but really busy as well. Afterall Jefferies, being a boutique I B firm, requires more engagements.

Told me to follow up within 2 days. Moving on very fast. Large candidates pool this year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was heavy on technicals. They don't seem to care about fit at all. All they want are really intelligent people. The person who interviewed me was a younger person in the firm. I'm not sure exactly why they were the one to run the interview. The phone interview was extremely annoying since they were 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Why does renting a tuxedo for a day cost more than renting a car for a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

first phone screen with 2-- VP and analyst, then super day was 3 20-min interviews with 2 analysts each. Asked about why IB, why Jefferies, a lot of behavioral questions, one session was technical, classic what are the valuation methods, which one gives you the highest valuation, how does $10 dep affect financial statements, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round phone interview, 2-on-1. Fairly straightforward although the employees didn't seem too thrilled to be working there... When they asked me how my week was going and I reciprocated the question, one of them said "I'm just waiting for it to be Friday"

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself (walk me through your resume)
      - What are the main valuation methods?
      - Walk me through a DCF.
      - Why investment banking?   Answer Question