Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Horrible, they grill you with the most idiotic questions for 10-15 hours over 4 rounds. These questions have nothing to do with the job at all! They believe they are super elite and people's lives don't mean anything.

Interview Questions

• Something about a rock being inside a boat and water level going up and down. Unrelated to programming. It was hundreds of questions over 4 days.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview soon after applied. Asked lots of technical questions about the market. Was very serious and straightforward. A bit overwhelming because you can get questions on your last answer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies in January 2014.

Interview

Business School Career Management. Two rounds of interviews. Tough technicals, solid interpersonal questions. Very collegial work environment. Lean deal teams, so junior bankers get a lot of exposure and tons of work to do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiations for the summer offer as it is driven by the business school.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Rough. Asked every single detail on my resume and some questions even beyond the scope of my resume. I think the interviewer intentionally did that to see people perform under pressure.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

first phone screen with 2-- VP and analyst, then super day was 3 20-min interviews with 2 analysts each. Asked about why IB, why Jefferies, a lot of behavioral questions, one session was technical, classic what are the valuation methods, which one gives you the highest valuation, how does $10 dep affect financial statements, etc

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was heavy on technicals. They don't seem to care about fit at all. All they want are really intelligent people. The person who interviewed me was a younger person in the firm. I'm not sure exactly why they were the one to run the interview. The phone interview was extremely annoying since they were 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Why does renting a tuxedo for a day cost more than renting a car for a day?   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview for 30 mins.
    Firstly introduce himself and my background.
    Then quickly walk through resume &dig in.
    The interviewer is really nice but really busy as well. Afterall Jefferies, being a boutique I B firm, requires more engagements.

Told me to follow up within 2 days. Moving on very fast. Large candidates pool this year.

Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. I had two interviewers, both from the same trading desk. Both interviewers were very personable, and I felt comfortable right away. I think the interview went pretty well, although I imagine that my casual attire was a turn off - the interview slot was a last minute opening and I was wearing the garb that one might wear to a prop shop interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Estimate the sum of all prime numbers between 1 and 1000. You have one minute. 2) Provide a 90% confidence interval around what you think the sum is. You have 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted cv online. waiting for HR to call and schedule an interview. hv 1 round interview lasts for 2 hours. Test me both behavioural and technical. Mainly in English. That interview last for 2 hours. wait for 2 wks and get the phone call and confirm with my working date.

Equity Research Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then invited to online tests then to Assessment center. Personality interview, technical interview, group exercise on a stock pitch. All interviewers are professionals (equity reseacher). The environment was good, every interviewer was nice and willing to explain and exchange on subjects.