Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.1

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen that was done by an associate and an MD. This was followed up by a superday that included 3 interviews. Found out within a week that I had the offer.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people at the company including the hiring manager. The included a combination of phone and in-person interviews. They provided an overview of what they were looking for and asked a few questions about me. After the 3rd interview, I did not hear back from them so I reached out to get a status on where they were in the process. I did not get an answer to my e-mail on the status request.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college recruitment and was contacted for a first-round phone interview after two weeks. Questions asked were very standard behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why Jefferies, why risk management, etc. The whole interview lasted for half an hour. I received the rejection letter one week after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Mix of behavioral and quantitative analysis. Overall decent and average for the sector. Wasnt too crazy. Was prepared. Easy going for the most part. Met with several senior managers who were all very nice and east to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in a 747   1 Answer

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's career website - got a call for first round of interview within a couple of days.

First round = Phone Interview (Technical +Behavioural) - 20 minutes

(Cleared the phone interview, next was Super-day)

Super-day= Visited their NYC Office, Madison Avenue, had 3 sets of personal interviews with 6 people in all - 20 minutes each ( Pure technical Interview)

Got a call within 2 days offering me the internship.

Tips: Make sure you know your resume well and what you are getting yourself into, have a good hold on your story and be confident.

Full-time Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received phone interview from one VP. He is very nice and asked some general interview questions. It takes about 20 minutes. First introduced myself, then asked me the last work experience, and one project, and programming skills. In additional, he asked me one technique question about the concept of join in SQL.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example related to SQL left join, what is the outcome?   Answer Question

Equity Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an on campus data base, where we established a 20 minute Skype interview. This interview consisted mostly of questions about the markets and why I chose Jefferies over other investment banks. About three weeks later I was invited to attend the Jefferies Super Day where I met with three separate groups of two and one managing director. Know the markets inside and out. I heard back by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• If I was asleep for five years and just woke up, bring me up to date on what's going on in the markets?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Rough. Asked every single detail on my resume and some questions even beyond the scope of my resume. I think the interviewer intentionally did that to see people perform under pressure.

Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Started out with phone screening. HR girls are very nice and want to see if youre interested in finance, know anything about jefferies, and i think most importantly if you're not a social lepur. Super day had 3 interviews. Theyre all pretty straight forward finance interviews. Good "finance interviews" to prepare. That what your interviewers are doing to prepare their own questions.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

I applied online through their website and after a behavioral interview over the phone I was invited to a super day where I had five interviews with the group members, none of them was pure technical. It took them 3 weeks to get back to me after the final interview