Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

3.2

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college recruitment and was contacted for a first-round phone interview after two weeks. Questions asked were very standard behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why Jefferies, why risk management, etc. The whole interview lasted for half an hour. I received the rejection letter one week after that.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's career website - got a call for first round of interview within a couple of days.

First round = Phone Interview (Technical +Behavioural) - 20 minutes

(Cleared the phone interview, next was Super-day)

Super-day= Visited their NYC Office, Madison Avenue, had 3 sets of personal interviews with 6 people in all - 20 minutes each ( Pure technical Interview)

Got a call within 2 days offering me the internship.

Tips: Make sure you know your resume well and what you are getting yourself into, have a good hold on your story and be confident.

Full-time Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received phone interview from one VP. He is very nice and asked some general interview questions. It takes about 20 minutes. First introduced myself, then asked me the last work experience, and one project, and programming skills. In additional, he asked me one technique question about the concept of join in SQL.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example related to SQL left join, what is the outcome?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR for screening. 1 week later met with two analysts. 2 weeks later met with head of research. Didn't hear back for 2 weeks before learning did not receive offer.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen that was done by an associate and an MD. This was followed up by a superday that included 3 interviews. Found out within a week that I had the offer.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

I applied online through their website and after a behavioral interview over the phone I was invited to a super day where I had five interviews with the group members, none of them was pure technical. It took them 3 weeks to get back to me after the final interview

Equity Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an on campus data base, where we established a 20 minute Skype interview. This interview consisted mostly of questions about the markets and why I chose Jefferies over other investment banks. About three weeks later I was invited to attend the Jefferies Super Day where I met with three separate groups of two and one managing director. Know the markets inside and out. I heard back by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• If I was asleep for five years and just woke up, bring me up to date on what's going on in the markets?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Phone interview (30 mins), followed by on-campus interview (1 hour). Both times the interviewers were alums, and they were fairly friendly. The on campus interview seemed much more formal, and it was largely talking about your resume and behavioral things, only 2 technical questions (had received a bunch in phone interview earlier)

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview for 30 mins.
    Firstly introduce himself and my background.
    Then quickly walk through resume &dig in.
    The interviewer is really nice but really busy as well. Afterall Jefferies, being a boutique I B firm, requires more engagements.

Told me to follow up within 2 days. Moving on very fast. Large candidates pool this year.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was heavy on technicals. They don't seem to care about fit at all. All they want are really intelligent people. The person who interviewed me was a younger person in the firm. I'm not sure exactly why they were the one to run the interview. The phone interview was extremely annoying since they were 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Why does renting a tuxedo for a day cost more than renting a car for a day?   Answer Question