Jefferies Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferies Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was heavy on technicals. They don't seem to care about fit at all. All they want are really intelligent people. The person who interviewed me was a younger person in the firm. I'm not sure exactly why they were the one to run the interview. The phone interview was extremely annoying since they were 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Why does renting a tuxedo for a day cost more than renting a car for a day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jefferies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

first phone screen with 2-- VP and analyst, then super day was 3 20-min interviews with 2 analysts each. Asked about why IB, why Jefferies, a lot of behavioral questions, one session was technical, classic what are the valuation methods, which one gives you the highest valuation, how does $10 dep affect financial statements, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round phone interview, 2-on-1. Fairly straightforward although the employees didn't seem too thrilled to be working there... When they asked me how my week was going and I reciprocated the question, one of them said "I'm just waiting for it to be Friday"

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself (walk me through your resume)
      - What are the main valuation methods?
      - Walk me through a DCF.
      - Why investment banking?
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Relatively organized process. Two phone interviews and a Super Day at its headquarters in NY, NY. Asked standard personality questions and fair technical questions. Very laid back environment for an investment bank. HR staff was very helpful throughout the process in coordinating interviews and setting up travel arrangements to and from the office.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use unlevered FCF as opposed to levered FCF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a couple rounds of informal phone interviews. There was a first round interview that was on campus. This was a two on one interview. This was followed by a super day in New York with multiple rounds, I did not attend. Networking with the team prior to the interview was very helpful. The interviewers were friendly but maintained professionalism at all times. The interview experience at Jefferies was similar to those I have experienced at other investment banks.

Interview Questions

• In depth technical questions about basic valuation and accounting techniques. The interview was fair but somewhat challenging. There was a mix of the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Jefferies in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was to involve a phone interview followed by a super day in their New York office. Increasing number of analysts in their class in order to expand firm. Strong healthcare investment banking business. Recruiting process was to occur entirely (all interviewing and hiring) in Fall 2014 before on campus recruiting began in January 2015.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies in November 2014.

Interview

Apllied thru on-campus recruiting and attended a networking session.
    1st round was over phone with one analysts, 2nd round also over phone with 2 analysts.
    Did not receive Super Day
    Both interviews were mix of behavioral and technical. Technicals in 1st round were straightforward, in 2nd round they got more complicated, asked about nuances.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Mid-Year convention in a DCF. Why do you subtract change in net working capital to get to Free Cash Flow   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

First interview with 2 junior bankers (technical + resume based)
    Second round of interview with 2 junior bankers (technical + resume based)
    Third round of interview with 3 senior bankers (resume based)

Interview Questions

• Benefits and disadvantages of EV/EBIT vs. EV/EBITDA
      How do we calculate WACC
      Walk me through a DCF model
      How does depreciation affect the 3 financial statements
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Targetted at my school for on-campus interviews. Mainly fit. A couple walk me through 3 financial statements, tell me as much as you know about an LBO, How are the 3 statements linked, Talk to me about the different valuation methods.

Superday mainly fit couple technicals same 1s as listed above

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an LBO and what function does it serve?   Answer Question