Jefferies Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Applied through campus career services website, contacted for a phone interview a week later. Spoke with an analyst who asked me questions about my resume followed by a series of technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jefferies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two guys, one analyst and one VP, spent 15 minutes grilling "Why IB" and then 15 minutes doing technicals. The interviewers came off as aggressive and were looking for a reason not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of advantage or disadvantage do you have not having done a finance related internship last summer?

What multiple should you use when discounting a cash flow to a PV terminal value?

Walk me through an LBO.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and with an employee referral. Phone screen to judge interest. Official first round that was heavy on valuation technicals and technical resume questions. Only behaviorals came from resume.

Interview Questions

• What does the X in EV / EBITDAX mean and why do we add it back? (This came from resume)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies in September 2017.

Interview

The process was straightforward. An analyst and an associate reached out and wanted to schedule the interview that day or the next. Basic fit questions about why Jefferies, why IB etc.. Know your resume cold and be prepared for industry based questions regarding your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you find Unlevered FCF
      WACC formula and follow-ups
      How are the three financial statements connected
      Ways to value a company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was heavy on technicals. They don't seem to care about fit at all. All they want are really intelligent people. The person who interviewed me was a younger person in the firm. I'm not sure exactly why they were the one to run the interview. The phone interview was extremely annoying since they were 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Why does renting a tuxedo for a day cost more than renting a car for a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

first phone screen with 2-- VP and analyst, then super day was 3 20-min interviews with 2 analysts each. Asked about why IB, why Jefferies, a lot of behavioral questions, one session was technical, classic what are the valuation methods, which one gives you the highest valuation, how does $10 dep affect financial statements, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round phone interview, 2-on-1. Fairly straightforward although the employees didn't seem too thrilled to be working there... When they asked me how my week was going and I reciprocated the question, one of them said "I'm just waiting for it to be Friday"

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself (walk me through your resume)
      - What are the main valuation methods?
      - Walk me through a DCF.
      - Why investment banking?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Relatively organized process. Two phone interviews and a Super Day at its headquarters in NY, NY. Asked standard personality questions and fair technical questions. Very laid back environment for an investment bank. HR staff was very helpful throughout the process in coordinating interviews and setting up travel arrangements to and from the office.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use unlevered FCF as opposed to levered FCF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a couple rounds of informal phone interviews. There was a first round interview that was on campus. This was a two on one interview. This was followed by a super day in New York with multiple rounds, I did not attend. Networking with the team prior to the interview was very helpful. The interviewers were friendly but maintained professionalism at all times. The interview experience at Jefferies was similar to those I have experienced at other investment banks.

Interview Questions

• In depth technical questions about basic valuation and accounting techniques. The interview was fair but somewhat challenging. There was a mix of the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Jefferies in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was to involve a phone interview followed by a super day in their New York office. Increasing number of analysts in their class in order to expand firm. Strong healthcare investment banking business. Recruiting process was to occur entirely (all interviewing and hiring) in Fall 2014 before on campus recruiting began in January 2015.