Jefferies Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferies Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Rough. Asked every single detail on my resume and some questions even beyond the scope of my resume. I think the interviewer intentionally did that to see people perform under pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jefferies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process began with networking and on campus and telephone calls to bankers. The interview process was a one day interview, one technical and one behavioral. It was a fairly friendly interview that they tried to help me throughout the process to guide me to the right answers.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking? Why Jefferies? Greatest strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to info session, met & followed up with bankers who referred me to HR rep after I name dropped an employee, applied on their website, had a first round phone interview (2:1), was not invited back. Overall fine experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied Online, persisted in calling HR, received phone interview, nailed phone interview,attended Superday, performed successfully...great overall experience. Very well-run on their end from start to finish. Format for interviews in-person is 2 on 1s and also a 1 on 1...be prepared to react well under pressure. Must be confident and have a good hold on your story in order to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions involving understanding of financial Statements (involving Capex and depreciation and how it flows through each statement), stock pitch, macroeconomic questions, and a specific stock I would short and why. Also very important to understand why you want to work at Jefferies in particular as it is unique in comparison to many of the BB's on the street. Key advice is to mention the relatively flat structure ( Jefferies doesn't harbor arrogance as much as Goldman, JP, Morgan Stanley etc...but don't explicitly take knocks at these competitors, because many of your interviewers probably worked there! Good point to mention is that the company manages under 50 billion in assets and therefore able to operate independently of the government. Unlike many of the 'too-big to fail banks' Jefferies needs to stand on its own two feet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Super Day interview.
    3 rounds. 6 people interviewed and it lasted for 2 hours. Resume walkthrough and technical round. Selection made on the basis of technical proficiency and knowledge mentioned on resume.
    Was notified immediately by a phone call from the HR informing whether selection was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career center page. Got a first round interview a few weeks later. Was held at their office - only lasted about 30 minutes total. Mostly just basic fit questions and walking through your resume. A couple technical questions on there as well. Know why you want to work for Jefferies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

this is alumni referral opportunity. I got email for 1st round interview with 2 alumnus.This is a very technical interview for someone from liberal arts college background. Not surprise about the result

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a phone call at 6am. Asked me a bunch of market questions. Asked to pitch a stock. Was brief and very cut throat... Got the impression that I was never really considered.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on what is going on over seas with the ECB?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

1st Round - Phone interview. Pitch me a stock, why S&T, basic fit questions.

2nd Round - Flew out to NY office, interviewed with 5 different employees. A couple 2 on 1 interviews and a 1 on 1 interview. Asked questions about resume, some fit questions, some technical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies in January 2014.

Interview

know current events. market trends. mostly standard, discounted cash flow comps. know your own self assesment. strengths weakness, failures
    pretty standard interview. everyone was extremely nice.
    several super days before hiring process is made. overall great experiece