Jefferies & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

3.3

Full-time Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received phone interview from one VP. He is very nice and asked some general interview questions. It takes about 20 minutes. First introduced myself, then asked me the last work experience, and one project, and programming skills. In additional, he asked me one technique question about the concept of join in SQL.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example related to SQL left join, what is the outcome?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

I applied online through their website and after a behavioral interview over the phone I was invited to a super day where I had five interviews with the group members, none of them was pure technical. It took them 3 weeks to get back to me after the final interview

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

Phone interview (30 mins), followed by on-campus interview (1 hour). Both times the interviewers were alums, and they were fairly friendly. The on campus interview seemed much more formal, and it was largely talking about your resume and behavioral things, only 2 technical questions (had received a bunch in phone interview earlier)

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview for 30 mins.
    Firstly introduce himself and my background.
    Then quickly walk through resume &dig in.
    The interviewer is really nice but really busy as well. Afterall Jefferies, being a boutique I B firm, requires more engagements.

Told me to follow up within 2 days. Moving on very fast. Large candidates pool this year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was heavy on technicals. They don't seem to care about fit at all. All they want are really intelligent people. The person who interviewed me was a younger person in the firm. I'm not sure exactly why they were the one to run the interview. The phone interview was extremely annoying since they were 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Why does renting a tuxedo for a day cost more than renting a car for a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

first phone screen with 2-- VP and analyst, then super day was 3 20-min interviews with 2 analysts each. Asked about why IB, why Jefferies, a lot of behavioral questions, one session was technical, classic what are the valuation methods, which one gives you the highest valuation, how does $10 dep affect financial statements, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round phone interview, 2-on-1. Fairly straightforward although the employees didn't seem too thrilled to be working there... When they asked me how my week was going and I reciprocated the question, one of them said "I'm just waiting for it to be Friday"

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself (walk me through your resume)
      - What are the main valuation methods?
      - Walk me through a DCF.
      - Why investment banking?
      Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and then heard back two days later from the recruiter and interviewer to set up a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went well but I was a little shaky on the modeling questions because the interviewer was so vague with the questions. I am still waiting to hear yes or no about moving to the next round. But I am assuming that I did not make it.

Interview Questions

• Tell your story. Why Equity Research? Why San Francisco? Then moved into some modeling questions. How does a debt issuance flow through the 3 statements? Accretion/Dilution scenario question and tax shield question.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Rough. Asked every single detail on my resume and some questions even beyond the scope of my resume. I think the interviewer intentionally did that to see people perform under pressure.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

They were very welcoming and kind. The interview flowed and was comfortable throughout. I met with two different people and both were easy to talk to. The questions were more about personality than how my experience would play in. As a student I find that very comforting since I have very little experience.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would fit into this postition   Answer Question