Jefferies & Company Summer Internship - Fixed Income Sales & Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Summer Internship - Fixed Income Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

standard behavioral interview----
questions about interest and market awareness----be able to talk about the markets in-depth
as well as relevant current events....

more importantly, I describe the internship

just for everyone's reference in the future ---probably should try to stay away from jefferies for summer internships---at least for trading
in fixed income they told us they would be hiring 70 to 80% of the analysts for the program----then even on the last day of the internship they told us they would hire 6 or 7 of the 10 interns----

to make matters worse, not only did they take an extra 3 weeks then they were supposed to to give offer decisions----but they only hired 2 people----

furthermore, the program is extremely unstructured---theres no formal training---and the whole mentality among people there has nothing to do with giving an intern a positions---there's no mentorship program---the EM desk literally told us from the start that they only hire people with experience---the advice is to stay away coming from someone that had offers at multiple BB programs and ended up obv. not getting an offer....

ranting because i just saw a video on their new careers site with their head of FI saying how they are now focusing on building internally via hiring junior people----when that is a bunch of crap (at least for fixed income)

extremely unprofessional HR treatment