Jefferies & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferies & Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.1

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and then heard back two days later from the recruiter and interviewer to set up a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went well but I was a little shaky on the modeling questions because the interviewer was so vague with the questions. I am still waiting to hear yes or no about moving to the next round. But I am assuming that I did not make it.

Interview Questions

• Tell your story. Why Equity Research? Why San Francisco? Then moved into some modeling questions. How does a debt issuance flow through the 3 statements? Accretion/Dilution scenario question and tax shield question.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Rough. Asked every single detail on my resume and some questions even beyond the scope of my resume. I think the interviewer intentionally did that to see people perform under pressure.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

Relatively organized process. Two phone interviews and a Super Day at its headquarters in NY, NY. Asked standard personality questions and fair technical questions. Very laid back environment for an investment bank. HR staff was very helpful throughout the process in coordinating interviews and setting up travel arrangements to and from the office.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use unlevered FCF as opposed to levered FCF?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

They were very welcoming and kind. The interview flowed and was comfortable throughout. I met with two different people and both were easy to talk to. The questions were more about personality than how my experience would play in. As a student I find that very comforting since I have very little experience.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would fit into this postition   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in April 2016.

Interview

I have interviewed with 6 people for over 5 hours. The people were professional and were able to answer all my questions to my satisfaction but to not get an offer due to my salary requirements which was known in the beginning baffled me. If you know that would be an issue why waste all this time in the interview process.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email. The recruiter emailed me to ask how good I am with Excel and they arranged an interview with the hiring manager. When I went to the interview, it was actually a panel interview where there were three people in the room and I was not informed of that. In the middle of the interview, one of the panelists said "hey i gotta go" and left the room without even saying anything to me. I was asked where I am from and what kind of accent I had, totally unprofessional! You know I am an HR professional and I could even sue them but did not want to bother. Very unprofessional and very very rude HR team. Glad I did not end up working there.

Quality Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

Interview process was long, 4 hour interview meeting many members on the trade desk. Interviewers asked about your personality but really wanted to know about technical skills, your ability to work on Unix, previous coding background, explain a project you worked on prior, etc. People were very nice and friendly.

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

The first round phone screening was very casual. Just some basic questions touching on points on resume and personality check. It is helpful to think clearly through why you want this company and why this position. Good to talk about the corporate culture as well. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

1st round telephone interview, mostly the usual behavioral questions. Make sure to be able to speak to everything on your resume in detail. Few technicals, but be ready to pitch something long/short. This was followed by superday.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

One hour, three interview super day entirely consisting of fit and behavioral interview questions. Brought tons of my equity research articles and models, but they didn't seem very interested in any of it. Phone screen was much more intensive and detailed.

Interview Questions

• Explain a few major differences between buy-side and sell-side equity research?   1 Answer