Jefferies & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferies & Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in November 2015.

Interview

I was informed that the first-round interview would be via phone. It was more of a screening. Make sure you read up on the specific business areas with which Jeffries is involved. It's also important to have some questions that show serious thought. I think I could have done better in this area.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

On the Super Day you will have at least three back-to-back interviews. Technical in nature, even more technical than some of the other investment Banks. Very similar to the informationals that you have most likely been having with them along the way. Look at the current market prices that morning, know where the 10yr, Dow, S&P, and Libor are roughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process began with networking and on campus and telephone calls to bankers. The interview process was a one day interview, one technical and one behavioral. It was a fairly friendly interview that they tried to help me throughout the process to guide me to the right answers.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking? Why Jefferies? Greatest strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

On campus interview with 2 associates from the securities division. Behavioral questions based, plus probability brain teasers. Asked why interested in Jefferies, what news i have been following, and how and where do I get my data for research. Overall, the experience was okay, the interviewers were nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to info session, met & followed up with bankers who referred me to HR rep after I name dropped an employee, applied on their website, had a first round phone interview (2:1), was not invited back. Overall fine experience.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via a resume drop through my school's resume drop and received a call back requesting a first round interview a few days later. On the phone, we discussed my background and also a few technicals including DCF, Enterprise/Equity Value, and why I was interested in the firm. Overall, it was a very quick and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Normal technical questions for any investment firm. Big on fit   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very professional and well conducted. From the beginning of on-campus recruiting through the meetings I had with the various professionals, everyone was well prepared and treated me with respect. I recommend this firm to anyone who is looking.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about finance, accounting, financial modeling   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Horrible, they grill you with the most idiotic questions for 10-15 hours over 4 rounds. These questions have nothing to do with the job at all! They believe they are super elite and people's lives don't mean anything.

Interview Questions

• Something about a rock being inside a boat and water level going up and down. Unrelated to programming. It was hundreds of questions over 4 days.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got one phone interview for 15-min and the manager invited me to their Super day during the following week. During the onsite I interviewed with 6 managers, while two rounds are behavioral and situaltional problems, and one round is pure statistics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied Online, persisted in calling HR, received phone interview, nailed phone interview,attended Superday, performed successfully...great overall experience. Very well-run on their end from start to finish. Format for interviews in-person is 2 on 1s and also a 1 on 1...be prepared to react well under pressure. Must be confident and have a good hold on your story in order to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions involving understanding of financial Statements (involving Capex and depreciation and how it flows through each statement), stock pitch, macroeconomic questions, and a specific stock I would short and why. Also very important to understand why you want to work at Jefferies in particular as it is unique in comparison to many of the BB's on the street. Key advice is to mention the relatively flat structure ( Jefferies doesn't harbor arrogance as much as Goldman, JP, Morgan Stanley etc...but don't explicitly take knocks at these competitors, because many of your interviewers probably worked there! Good point to mention is that the company manages under 50 billion in assets and therefore able to operate independently of the government. Unlike many of the 'too-big to fail banks' Jefferies needs to stand on its own two feet.   Answer Question