Jefferies & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.1

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

One telephonic round where i was asked to pitch one short and one long stock. Got a super day invite in 5 days. At superday it started with an Associate who asked very general questions. Thenafter was an interview with MD. This one was a stress interview. the final one was a panel of 3 people where i was asked to pitch a stock. After the stock pitch i was asked questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Super Day interview.
    3 rounds. 6 people interviewed and it lasted for 2 hours. Resume walkthrough and technical round. Selection made on the basis of technical proficiency and knowledge mentioned on resume.
    Was notified immediately by a phone call from the HR informing whether selection was made.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Very disorganized and rude during interview. VP was looking at his phone the whole time. First round was fine but the superday was overall a very bad experience and turned me off to accepting an offer.

Equity Research Interview

Interview

They gave you an article about an industry several days before the interview to look at it. During the interview, I was asked some questions around my resume, previous research experience, and my analysis and conclusion on that article

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for the Summer Analyst Program in SF. It was a pretty comfortable environment and the interviewer was really nice. First just a couple of behavioral questions: talk about your self, IBD, why tech and tech trends, etc. Then some pretty basic technical questions: Accounting, Valuation methods including LBO, some qualitative questions about the valuation multiples of specific tech sectors, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I were to talk to your previous manager, what would he say about your strengths?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career center page. Got a first round interview a few weeks later. Was held at their office - only lasted about 30 minutes total. Mostly just basic fit questions and walking through your resume. A couple technical questions on there as well. Know why you want to work for Jefferies.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a couple rounds of informal phone interviews. There was a first round interview that was on campus. This was a two on one interview. This was followed by a super day in New York with multiple rounds, I did not attend. Networking with the team prior to the interview was very helpful. The interviewers were friendly but maintained professionalism at all times. The interview experience at Jefferies was similar to those I have experienced at other investment banks.

Interview Questions

• In depth technical questions about basic valuation and accounting techniques. The interview was fair but somewhat challenging. There was a mix of the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IBDEnergy Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in December 2014.

Interview

While going through the resume, the interviewer asked many technical questions, or questions related to the market and behavioral questions as well. For example, how to do DCF, how to calculate free cash flow, tell me a relative project that you have done, and what is the current oil price.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was to involve a phone interview followed by a super day in their New York office. Increasing number of analysts in their class in order to expand firm. Strong healthcare investment banking business. Recruiting process was to occur entirely (all interviewing and hiring) in Fall 2014 before on campus recruiting began in January 2015.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview, basically going over points made on my resume. No in person showings of excel skills, however an excel test was given to me prior to the interview by the recruiting agency who placed me at the job, they explained what i needed to be able to do for the role. Was interviewed directly by my eventual supervisor. The work is learned on the job immediately.

Interview Questions

• What organizational skills did you learn at your previous job?   Answer Question