Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

Positive68%
Negative12%
Neutral20%
Applied online70%
Employee Referral17%
In Person13%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

Found 26 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY)

Interview

Very laid back and took place in the conference room. There was 5 other people in there to ask questions including the principal, vice principal, counselor, and two varying grade level teachers

Interview Questions
  • How do you plan on differentiating your materials to meet the needs of all your students
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (United States)

Interview

they give 3 on the phone interviews, one for the company, one for the school, one for the teacher. They also do a face to face interview with the teacher. After you interview the teacher give you a tour of the school

Interview Questions
Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (United States)

Interview

Interview was pretty typical. Questions were standard and similar to those that you would expect based on what you are taught in school. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your overall teaching philosophy.

Interview Questions
  • Very standard, exactly what they prepare you for during you formal education
Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in Jul 2016

Interview

JCPS sends your resume to schools that might want to hire you, the schools then conduct the interview and then tell JCPS whether they would recommend you work at their school. If JCPS agrees that you would be a good fit, they hire you for that position. The schools cannot hire - only make recommendations to JCPS.

Interview Questions
    Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in Jul 2016

Interview

Sat with the principal of an elementary school. Asked specific questions pertaining to the teaching position that he was hiring for. The interview took about 45 minutes. Very laid back. Principal was hiring right before school was about to begin in the next few weeks. Was hired the next day.

Anonymous Employee in United States
    Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (United States)

Interview

It's probably different for each school, but you may sit down with the principal and other staff and answer some basic questions about handling behaviors in the classroom, your role in the classroom, how you will interact with the teacher, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Something like, do you see yourself as an authoritarian, a disciplinarian, facilitator, role model, etc.
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in Feb 2016

Interview

You fill your application online. Turn your GED/ Diploma, and 25$ for background check at the Crittenden Drive location. Then from there they schedule an interview appointment. After a successful interview. (Unless you have something bad on your record your hired) The interviewer will send you back to the application room where you'll be given information on how to get your CDL permit and offer a free unpaid training class so you can pass the computer test. Then you send to do your DOT which they pay for and then your scheduled for training class to get your CDL Liscence. 15 days training. Just have a positive attitude and everything will go well!!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the children if a fight broke out on the bus?
    Anonymous Employee in United States
    Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (United States)

Interview

Applied online and was called 3 months later after I called HR multiple times to ensure my application was complete and being reviewed (they won't look at it unless you inform them it's there or that you know someone who works there). A principal emailed me a few days before school started and asked me to interview the following week. When I arrived, there was one other person looking at me during the interview with a serious face, and I was asked one question and then told I had the job. It lasted all of 10 minutes (at the most).

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in Aug 2015

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an in person interview about a week later. The staff was very friendly and professional. For the interview, I was brought in to a panel of 5 people, the principal, AP, and 3 other teachers. They asked a set of standard questions about classroom management, why I wanted to teach music, and what skills I had as an educator.

Interview Questions
    • What is your classroom management style?
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in Aug 2015

Interview

I sent in my resume. I had a one on one interview, followed by a background check. I was then brought in orientation and given a set of rules to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Are you self motivated? Do you enjoy working on your own with very little guidance? Tell me about a time when you became frustrated with your boss. How did you handle the situation? What value can you provide to JCPS?
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 26