Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.3

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

JCPS sends your resume to schools that might want to hire you, the schools then conduct the interview and then tell JCPS whether they would recommend you work at their school. If JCPS agrees that you would be a good fit, they hire you for that position. The schools cannot hire - only make recommendations to JCPS.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

It's probably different for each school, but you may sit down with the principal and other staff and answer some basic questions about handling behaviors in the classroom, your role in the classroom, how you will interact with the teacher, etc.

Interview Questions

• Something like, do you see yourself as an authoritarian, a disciplinarian, facilitator, role model, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

You fill your application online. Turn your GED/ Diploma, and 25$ for background check at the Crittenden Drive location. Then from there they schedule an interview appointment. After a successful interview. (Unless you have something bad on your record your hired) The interviewer will send you back to the application room where you'll be given information on how to get your CDL permit and offer a free unpaid training class so you can pass the computer test.
    Then you send to do your DOT which they pay for and then your scheduled for training class to get your CDL Liscence. 15 days training.
    Just have a positive attitude and everything will go well!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the children if a fight broke out on the bus?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

Applied online and was called 3 months later after I called HR multiple times to ensure my application was complete and being reviewed (they won't look at it unless you inform them it's there or that you know someone who works there). A principal emailed me a few days before school started and asked me to interview the following week. When I arrived, there was one other person looking at me during the interview with a serious face, and I was asked one question and then told I had the job. It lasted all of 10 minutes (at the most).

Para Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Arvada, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I recently interviewed with a local High School in my area. I was interviewed by 5 people which is common with schools. They asked me approximately 6 prepared questions. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. The job is for 4 hours a day. I found the interview to be very comfortable. The interviewers were all very warm and welcoming which often isn't the case in a school setting.

Interview Questions

• I think the most interesting question I was asked was "what is your wishbone, backbone, and funny bone. I have never gotten that question before.   1 Answer

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an in person interview about a week later. The staff was very friendly and professional. For the interview, I was brought in to a panel of 5 people, the principal, AP, and 3 other teachers. They asked a set of standard questions about classroom management, why I wanted to teach music, and what skills I had as an educator.

Interview Questions

• What is your classroom management style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and expeditious. If you have no criminal record and a relatively clean driving record you will get hired on the spot. The best time to get hired is in the summer when school is out, you won't have to jump into the madness during the school year that way. The CDL training takes about 4 weeks and you get paid for that. It's really not a bad deal.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your way around the city well?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

The hiring process consists of a very long orientation process, which is overloaded with tons of information, though the information is vital to the organization. I was not officially interviewed, though I was supposed to have been.

Interview Questions

• There was a test before hiring, mostly just common sense and simple as can be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations in the field.

Program Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY).

Interview

You are interviewed by a group of 5 or 6 people. They all have different questions they asked the same of each applicant. Majority of time, the interview does not matter, an applicant has already been chosen for the position, who they know. When your blackballed forget it.

Interview Questions

• None really, very simple questions.   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

Submit application online. They do an extensive back ground check on you. If you pass that then they contact you for an interview to make sure your abled body and not a crack addict. You do a drug test and get put into a training class witch is about 2-3 weeks.