Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions

Interviews at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

2.2

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an in person interview about a week later. The staff was very friendly and professional. For the interview, I was brought in to a panel of 5 people, the principal, AP, and 3 other teachers. They asked a set of standard questions about classroom management, why I wanted to teach music, and what skills I had as an educator.

Interview Questions

• What is your classroom management style?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in February 2008.

Interview

They just ask you how you would deal with the kids
    ]

Negotiation

nothing

Interview

Interview was pretty typical. Questions were standard and similar to those that you would expect based on what you are taught in school. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your overall teaching philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Very standard, exactly what they prepare you for during you formal education   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

There are 2 levels of interviews. The first is with the central office administration (HR). They have a list of questions. Before starting they advise the interviewee that they will be scoring the interview and therefore to not be concerned about the fact the interviewer will be taking notes. They also advise the interviewee that the interviewer is not allowed to show a positive or negative response. The human resources interview is a strange experience.

The second level occurs if you pass the first level, and your file is sent directly to the school that is hiring. This will be a school interview. I was asked to bring an example of a recent lesson plan. This was a group interview that had the principal, assistant principal and teachers on the team. Each person had a different set of questions. This was a much more personable and "normal" interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your teaching was unsuccessful. What happened and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in August 2009.

Interview

Submit application and wait for a call to interview with a principal.

Negotiation

Salary Scale

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

JCPS sends your resume to schools that might want to hire you, the schools then conduct the interview and then tell JCPS whether they would recommend you work at their school. If JCPS agrees that you would be a good fit, they hire you for that position. The schools cannot hire - only make recommendations to JCPS.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and expeditious. If you have no criminal record and a relatively clean driving record you will get hired on the spot. The best time to get hired is in the summer when school is out, you won't have to jump into the madness during the school year that way. The CDL training takes about 4 weeks and you get paid for that. It's really not a bad deal.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your way around the city well?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

You fill your application online. Turn your GED/ Diploma, and 25$ for background check at the Crittenden Drive location. Then from there they schedule an interview appointment. After a successful interview. (Unless you have something bad on your record your hired) The interviewer will send you back to the application room where you'll be given information on how to get your CDL permit and offer a free unpaid training class so you can pass the computer test.
    Then you send to do your DOT which they pay for and then your scheduled for training class to get your CDL Liscence. 15 days training.
    Just have a positive attitude and everything will go well!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the children if a fight broke out on the bus?   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

Submit application online. They do an extensive back ground check on you. If you pass that then they contact you for an interview to make sure your abled body and not a crack addict. You do a drug test and get put into a training class witch is about 2-3 weeks.

School Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was pre-prepared and had staff from many different disciplines involved to ask their own pertinent questions. Although having that many people present is a bit unnerving, each discipline had very smart and thought provoking questions to ask. The process seemed quite positive to me. Come prepared or don't come at all. The students were genuinely very important to the staff, and they wanted to make for absolutely certain that the most knowledgeable well credentialed candidate would be assuming care of the students.

Interview Questions

• They all asked specific questions about my experience and level of comfort in caring for kids with disabilities.   1 Answer