Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions

Interviews at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

2.2

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

The hiring process consists of a very long orientation process, which is overloaded with tons of information, though the information is vital to the organization. I was not officially interviewed, though I was supposed to have been.

Interview Questions

• There was a test before hiring, mostly just common sense and simple as can be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations in the field.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview

It's probably different for each school, but you may sit down with the principal and other staff and answer some basic questions about handling behaviors in the classroom, your role in the classroom, how you will interact with the teacher, etc.

Interview Questions

• Something like, do you see yourself as an authoritarian, a disciplinarian, facilitator, role model, etc.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume. I had a one on one interview, followed by a background check. I was then brought in orientation and given a set of rules to follow.

Interview Questions

• Are you self motivated?
      Do you enjoy working on your own with very little guidance?
      Tell me about a time when you became frustrated with your boss.
      How did you handle the situation?
      What value can you provide to JCPS?   1 Answer

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

It's been about 10 years, but from what I remember, it was a typical interview process. They asked the basic questions like what are your strengths and what are your weaknesses. They asked me how I would handle diversity in the classroom.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy with a panel interviewers, asking each candidate the same questions. Each interviewer asking the candidate their assigned question. A candidate is interviewed every 30 minute of approximately 6 questions. The the interviewer asks a question of them. Very generic, not very challenging. Somehow you know they have a candidate in mind or hand picked by the director, whether you do a good job or not.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in August 2011.

Interview

interview was easy and quick.

Interview Questions

• None really can you deal with kids and can you safely drive a vehicle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation just this is the pay

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is a bit long beginning with your regular application, fingerprinting, etc... This is followed by them calling you for an "interview". Everyone is essentially "hired" to come to the job training. The training class is great and JCPS gives you everything you need to pass the written exams. You will need to pass the States test, purchase a temporary learners permit to progress and be involved in the driver training which starts immediately when you begin training. Once you pass all of the written and driving tests (there are many!) don't think its over yet. Once you get your CDL B which gives you the legal right to drive the bus and take passengers they send you to a compoud near where you live. JCPS assigns you a training you "shadow" picking up/dropping off students and then you drive!

Interview Questions

• There is none. JCPS hires pretty much everyone if you pass the FBI background check. Interview I had didn't know some questions I asked and gave me bad information.   Answer Question

Bus Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

One person interviewed me and it was a very relaxed process. I was asked very basic behavioral questions; what would I do, how I handled problems in the past, how I get along with others.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was acting up on the bus?   1 Answer

Para Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Arvada, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I recently interviewed with a local High School in my area. I was interviewed by 5 people which is common with schools. They asked me approximately 6 prepared questions. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. The job is for 4 hours a day. I found the interview to be very comfortable. The interviewers were all very warm and welcoming which often isn't the case in a school setting.

Interview Questions

• I think the most interesting question I was asked was "what is your wishbone, backbone, and funny bone. I have never gotten that question before.   1 Answer

Program Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY).

Interview

You are interviewed by a group of 5 or 6 people. They all have different questions they asked the same of each applicant. Majority of time, the interview does not matter, an applicant has already been chosen for the position, who they know. When your blackballed forget it.

Interview Questions

• None really, very simple questions.   1 Answer