Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions in Kentucky | Glassdoor

Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions in Kentucky

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

JCPS sends your resume to schools that might want to hire you, the schools then conduct the interview and then tell JCPS whether they would recommend you work at their school. If JCPS agrees that you would be a good fit, they hire you for that position. The schools cannot hire - only make recommendations to JCPS.

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

You fill your application online. Turn your GED/ Diploma, and 25$ for background check at the Crittenden Drive location. Then from there they schedule an interview appointment. After a successful interview. (Unless you have something bad on your record your hired) The interviewer will send you back to the application room where you'll be given information on how to get your CDL permit and offer a free unpaid training class so you can pass the computer test.
    Then you send to do your DOT which they pay for and then your scheduled for training class to get your CDL Liscence. 15 days training.
    Just have a positive attitude and everything will go well!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the children if a fight broke out on the bus?   1 Answer

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an in person interview about a week later. The staff was very friendly and professional. For the interview, I was brought in to a panel of 5 people, the principal, AP, and 3 other teachers. They asked a set of standard questions about classroom management, why I wanted to teach music, and what skills I had as an educator.

Interview Questions

• What is your classroom management style?   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and expeditious. If you have no criminal record and a relatively clean driving record you will get hired on the spot. The best time to get hired is in the summer when school is out, you won't have to jump into the madness during the school year that way. The CDL training takes about 4 weeks and you get paid for that. It's really not a bad deal.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your way around the city well?   1 Answer

Program Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY).

Interview

You are interviewed by a group of 5 or 6 people. They all have different questions they asked the same of each applicant. Majority of time, the interview does not matter, an applicant has already been chosen for the position, who they know. When your blackballed forget it.

Interview Questions

• None really, very simple questions.   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy with a panel interviewers, asking each candidate the same questions. Each interviewer asking the candidate their assigned question. A candidate is interviewed every 30 minute of approximately 6 questions. The the interviewer asks a question of them. Very generic, not very challenging. Somehow you know they have a candidate in mind or hand picked by the director, whether you do a good job or not.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is a bit long beginning with your regular application, fingerprinting, etc... This is followed by them calling you for an "interview". Everyone is essentially "hired" to come to the job training. The training class is great and JCPS gives you everything you need to pass the written exams. You will need to pass the States test, purchase a temporary learners permit to progress and be involved in the driver training which starts immediately when you begin training. Once you pass all of the written and driving tests (there are many!) don't think its over yet. Once you get your CDL B which gives you the legal right to drive the bus and take passengers they send you to a compoud near where you live. JCPS assigns you a training you "shadow" picking up/dropping off students and then you drive!

Interview Questions

• There is none. JCPS hires pretty much everyone if you pass the FBI background check. Interview I had didn't know some questions I asked and gave me bad information.   Answer Question

School Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was pre-prepared and had staff from many different disciplines involved to ask their own pertinent questions. Although having that many people present is a bit unnerving, each discipline had very smart and thought provoking questions to ask. The process seemed quite positive to me. Come prepared or don't come at all. The students were genuinely very important to the staff, and they wanted to make for absolutely certain that the most knowledgeable well credentialed candidate would be assuming care of the students.

Interview Questions

• They all asked specific questions about my experience and level of comfort in caring for kids with disabilities.   1 Answer

Bus Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

One person interviewed me and it was a very relaxed process. I was asked very basic behavioral questions; what would I do, how I handled problems in the past, how I get along with others.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was acting up on the bus?   1 Answer

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

It's been about 10 years, but from what I remember, it was a typical interview process. They asked the basic questions like what are your strengths and what are your weaknesses. They asked me how I would handle diversity in the classroom.