Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Substitute Teacher Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

1 Interview Review

1.0

Substitute Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) (Louisville-Jefferson County, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

The very initial process was confusing and hard -- once you figure out the online applications, it's easy to go in for fingerprinting and the "interview" -- which for me was just picking assignments I would prefer. The hiring assistant who worked with me was very courteous, kind, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Well, at the very beginning the clerk lady wouldn't let me apply for assistant teacher -- she wanted me to be a sub teacher, since they pay more. I left and came back another day she wasn't working. (I was a substitute teacher the previous year, in a different district, and I was right to assume assistant subbing is a lot more fun, a lot less stressful.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is so-so, but the work is great if you want something immediately that you can quit anytime. Oh, and it's fun to work with kids usually.