Jenny Craig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.4

Centre Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview

The Market Director interviews for the CD position. They usually hire from within. You have to be a consultant or a program consultant first. You are given all of the information about the center you are being hired for and then present your case of how and what needs improvement.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to turn the center into a profitable one? Business is down 20% in most centers year over year. Some are meeting fiscal goals because they are in affluent areas. What will you do that will be different to improve this center?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't really a negotiation. I had heard that the previous CD was making $45,000. I expected to be offered the equivalent, but was not. I was dissapointed, but was told that there was no room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview

Two interviews both with center director

Interview Questions

• asked to role play a situation where I had to motivate a client who had lost sight of their goal   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jenny Craig (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had 2 interviews in 1 day with the center director and the area marketing director. The interview process was easy and well managed.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with a minimum wage plus commission job?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview

There was practically no interview process. I was asked my availability and when I could begin work. At the time, the center I was applying for was relatively new, so they were waiting for one of the corporate trainers to come in and train the new hires. Since I was available for training and had pretty open availability, I was hired.

The process (or lack thereof) was rather strange. I expected there to be more actual interview questions, so that the owner could gain a better understanding of my ability to work with his clients.

Also, while it wasn't technically required, it was highly encouraged that new hires spend a few weeks on the Jenny Craig diet plan.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jenny Craig (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Apply online, phone interview first, in-person second, then another phone interview followed

Interview Questions

• Did I ever have to argue something to upper management, why and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Straight hourly plus commission.

Not Sure What Happened Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview

I got a call from 1-800 number had a phone interview, did good. Next step driver 1 hour from home for a 10 min interview (I think the lady just wanted to get rid of me, she was not ready for an interview). She asked me about 2 questions and said I am going to send you resume to our Director at the office near you. Then I left. It was over the 4th of July week, so I waited until Monday after the 4th she was out for the day, but the lady was going to have the director call me. Two days letter I get an email stating I don't met the qualifications they are looking for. You think they would have figured something 1st time when they say my resume.

Program Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jenny Craig (Dallas, TX).

Interview

When I got to the center the person I was to see was not there. I was told she was out for the day. No one there knew I was supposed to be coming in for interview. One of the women there called several other people in other offices and found another location I could go to for interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I cover up for another employee if I knew they had done something against company policy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation -- just take it or leave it. They did tell me I would be making more in commission than I do.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jenny Craig (Chino Hills, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email with a phone number to call within 24 hours for a phone interview. The phone interview was a "pre-screening" process with your typical interview questions. After the phone call, I was contacted with a time to meet the Center director for a one one one interview. My interview was scheduled at 8am, but I was told to get there 15 minutes early. I called ahead to confirm, because JC opens at 8am, and they said to still be there early.

On the day of my one on one interview, I showed up at 7:45am, but no one showed up until 8:10am. I told the receptionist I was there for an interview and she said the director should be there shortly to meet with me. At almost 8:30am, the receptionist told me she spoke with the director and she wouldn't be in until 4pm, then asked if I could come in then. Huge red flag.

I went back at 4pm and the director did not show up until 4:15pm, flustered and full of excuses. But, she was very nice so I still held out hope. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a lot of questions, most of them were the same ones I answered in the pre-screening phone interview. Then we did some role playing, and she asked about my hobbies. The pay/commission scale was also discussed. She also said they needed to hire someone ASAP and was glad when I said I could start right away.

She said she liked me and was very excited about the possibility of me joining Jenny Craig, and I would most certainly have a second interview with the Market Director. She said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call her. I didn't hear anything, so I called her the following Monday. When she didn't return my call, I waited a week and called again. She said the Market Director was very busy, but I'd definitely get that second interview!! Two more weeks went by, so I phoned again and left a message letting her know I was still very interested. I never heard back. I waited one more week and I finally reached her but (I think) only because she is the one who answered the phone. She seemed a bit caught off guard and said, "Oh! I got your message, haven't forgotten about you!", which I thought odd, since she never returned any of my calls. She then went on to say she didn't know what was going on, but heard there was a hiring freeze, and would find out and let me know.

She called back the next day and told me yes, in fact, there was a hiring freeze and there would be no second interview. I found that strange, as in the interview, I was told they needed to hire someone right away. Very unorganized and disappointing.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online. i was told that i would be called first then possibly interviewed. first i went through a general interview. the second was with the market director to see if i was a good candidate, then after passing, i went through a 3rd in person at the center i would be hired at.
    then after being hired i had to pass through training and 3 months of evaluation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play a weight loss consultation with the market director.
      i was also asked to give an example of when i might have seen something dishonest happen in the work place   Answer Question

Weight Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jenny Craig (Independence, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied in person and was called back for an interview. I interviewed in the local facility. The site manager was friendly and made me comfortable. She put a large focus on past experience and ability to work with people. The other associates were welcoming. I was called back the next week with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job and the responsibilities you managed.   Answer Question