Jet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn about setting up a time to chat about the position. We had a 30 minute call with a few behavioral questions. He went over the job and benefits and next steps. The recruiter said I should be receive an invite to a game based assessment and then should be invited onsite sometime the following week. The recruiter said after the game based assessment he would go over some interview prep with me to make sure I was fully prepared for the interview. The game based assessment was fine - not entirely sure how I did or really what the purpose was. I followed up with the recruiter about next steps and then the next day I got a generic email from Jet saying I wasn't a fit. I was disappointed bc I was excited about Jet but more so I was disappointed by the conflicting information I got.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Video chat interview to start, followed by an onsite, single-day in-person meetings with seven people. The people I spoke with were all very kind and knowledgeable about the work they do. A few questions seemed a bit left-field for the role I was interviewing for, and it was a very long day (I have known other people to have much fewer people to speak to in one day), overall I had a good impression. I would definitely interview there again if given the chance.
    I also did receive a specific answer about my not being hired, which I believe is very important in any interview process. I am happy they let me know.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was about what I expected. I really enjoyed all three of my onsite interviews/interviewers. I had engaging conversations with all, and each did their part to both challenge and encourage me through constructive and instructive feedback.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Step1: HR Phone interview/screening - to determine if I would be a fit for the role
    Step 2: Hiring Manager phone interview - Asked what I was looking for in my career and at Jet, gave a more in depth description of what I would be doing
    Step 3: On site interviews with HR, Hiring Manager, 3 Hiring Manager counterparts, lunch with recruiter

Interview Questions

• What challenges did I face in past roles and how did I handle them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter. Initial phone call went well and did an online exercise. When I told her I was being brought in for an in person interview she was very hard to reach and called me late at night the night before the interview. While this was a bit odd and unprofessional (I think they are reaching out to a lot of candidates right now) the rest of the process was great.

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

First there was a phone interview screening with recruiter. Then I interviewed with 4 team members, 30 minutes each. Each team member asked different questions so the process never felt redundant, and the questions were thoughtful. All questions related to my past experience, what skills I would bring to Jet, and how I would integrate with the team and culture. Then there was a phone interview follow up with HR business partner to assess leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style? What would coworkers say about how you lead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone interview followed by a Game Based Assessment (it's fun! It is called Skyrise City). Then asked to fly in for 3, 45 minute long, in-person interviews at the Hoboken, NJ, headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you went above and beyond what was required   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a time when you had to much work, how did you elicit the help of others   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a difficult person on a team, what did you do   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you failed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter first reached out by email asking if I was interested in the position at Jet. I responded a few days later expressing my interest and he immediately emailed me to ask when I would be free to speak on the phone.

About an hour later I received a call from him, which was basically an overview of the company, the position, salary, etc. After the call I was told to download an app to play a game (it tested memorization and pattern detection essentially).

Another recruiter reached out to me by email a couple of days later to say I was selected to move forward with an in-person interview. This would be the only round and it consisted of three separate individual interviews.

I went in for the office interview about a few weeks after the email. I was given a tour of the office and then had my interviews, which consisted of a case study, UX design case (which I have never done before), and an informal interview with behavioral questions. The last interviewer was on her phone the whole time which was really offputting. Besides that, I thought the interviews went well and I really loved the office, but a week later I got a call from the initial recruiter that reached out to me saying they were going to move on with other candidates. When I emailed one of the recruiters to ask for feedback, she said while the team liked me, I did not have previous retail analytics experience, which annoyed me to no end because this is an entry-level position and I am straight out of college which they would have known just by looking at my resume. Although it looked like a really fun company to work at, this process could've been shortened by informing me from the beginning that they were looking for someone with more of an e-commerce background

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the UX of this Wal-Mart web page displaying batteries?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Company A has greater revenues, but Company B has greater profitability, explain some reasons why this could be? How could Company A increase their profitability?   Answer Question
    • Why Jet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted via LinkedIn and then had a phone call (more like a resume walk-through) with a recruiter. Then played an online game that tests different psychometric abilities. After that, came in for a "superday" in the Hoboken office - quick office tour followed by three 45-min interviews (mini case study, UX study, and behavioral). All in all an enjoyable process, the only "negative" was that none of my interviewers were category specialists so I couldn't get concrete answers about the role I was interviewing for specifically.

Interview Questions

• Profit case (P = R-C, then be able to talk about different elements that make up the R and C)   1 Answer
    • Behavioral questions (specifically about how you work in a team and deal with ambiguity)   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth. It started with a phone screen and then I was called onsite for the next rounds. Jet is very good at giving you interview feedbacks.

Interview Questions

• Could you use TCP in a scenario where the only requirement is to have an unreliable connection between the two remote machines? If yes, why? If no, how would you connect the two machines without using UDP?   Answer Question