Jet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2018

225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was pretty broken. First the phone screen was outsourced to another company, that was the best part. Basic discussion about front end, some interesting questions about CSS and JS real vanilla JS copy components deactivate all timeouts of a page.

In house interview was not great. I arrived on time and finding the place was not obvious, there is not even a sign out of the door. In the elevator I heard a bunch of developers complaining about their product. I arrived to the main "lobby" there was nobody to help me so I sat in there for a while, I tried to check in with the hosts but didn't work out they were busy and asked me to wait. 30 mins late.

My first interview took place. Can you position an element in the page, create a debouncer function replicate lodash _.debounce. It was fine, the developer was new 6 months in the job and said he was fine, but aware of other teams like batman not being so great.

Second interview was a BFS for a keypad. It was overcomplicated, it took us like 30 mins to find the real problem. Implementation was expected with recursion, not bad problem but very convoluted. Also a lot of random questions about experience. "Please tell me a situation when you have been kind to a cowoker" "Explain a situation where you had a fight"

Third interviewer was more interesting discussion of Rx programming, apparently some times are using F#. I had to implement [].map and [].reduce, everything was in a whiteboard so it was mostly discussion.

Last interview was with a manager, and thats where everything fell apart. Apparently goals for the next 6 months were not clear, he was not able to explain me how mentorship works at Jet and what is the relationship between Walmart Ecommerce and Jet.

In general from all the interviewers, it seem like they were aware of issues at management level, and not very happy about it.

At the end they never contacted me back, not even to say no thank you. I end up finding out 2 week later by my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Implement with vanilla JS loadash implementation of debounce. _.debounce   1 Answer
    • If you have a keypad, and you move as a knight 2 spaces then 3, or 3 then 2 . Find all the first 3 movements. ( At least that should have been the question )   1 Answer
    • Implement [].map and [].reduce using vanilla JS   Answer Question
    • Tell me when you had been kind to another cowoker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY).

Interview

They reached out to me to set up a phone interview without even having my resume. Interviewer was confused and all over the place. He didn't seem like he knew what he was doing. They told me that they are going to hire 500 new category specialists so this isn't really a prestigious position or hard to get position. Salary was also way too low for New York area compared to other offers I had.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize and prioritize tasks when you have to meet multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

I didn't receive an offer and wouldn't receive a response to any requests for feedback due to volume. I came from a healthcare background and felt decently confident since there seem to be a heavy recruiting efforts right now. Everyone was nice (ran into the CEO Marc Lore as I walked in), and office building has a nice, clear view of Manhattan from across the river.

1: Phone Interview

A LinkedIn recruiter reached out to me and asked to set up a quick chat. It was supposed to be 10 mins. but ended up being a phone screen with behavioral questions at 30 mins.

2: Logic Games

Got an email 2 days after my phone screen asking me to download and complete a logic game. The app's called Skyrise City. It consists of 4 rounds that test memory and reaction speeds.

3: Onsite Interview

Got an email the next morning saying that I was invited for the final round interview at the Hoboken office. Three 30-45 min. interviews - 1 Behavioral, 1 UX Case, 1 Price Study Case. Among behavioral questions I've encountered, I'd say the ones asked during at Jet were on the less common (and therefore harder) end. The case studies were more like conversations, and the interviewers seemed to adjust their questions based on your answers. The last 10 mins. of the UX interview were rapid fire "personality" questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral:
      Tell me about yourself.
      A time you had to think outside the box?
      A time you thought a problem was hard but had a simple fix?

UX Case:
      (Product and Search Page of AAA batteries)
      What are some improvements we can make to these pages?
      How can we stop a downward spiral of prices? (If Jet lowers its price, then a competitor lowers its price in response to our price, etc. how do we stop that?)

Rapid fire round (2nd half of UX):
      Favorite person?
      Least favorite person?
      How do you like your coffee?
      How would your friends describe you?

Price Case Study:
      Men's shoulder bag is sold on Amazon for $10 and in Walmart stores for $5. How should we price this on Walmart.com? Same product. Same company costs. The goal is to "make money".   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Very specific to what the companies focus is, their mission, and descriptive info about the company itself. Welcoming and open environment. Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. Would love to work here!

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, spoke to a recruiter on the phone briefly, and was asked to complete an app based test. Was told that the in-person interviews would be mainly case style

Supply Chain Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Two Case problems that require both basic problem solving skills and calculation. Should be easy problems, however the pressure of being on the spot can make it difficult. Prepare for questions by bringing pen and paper and be ready to do calculations.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

1) Contacted by external recruiter via LinkedIn
    2) Set up a phone call with said recruiter for the next day
    3) Had a 25-30 min phone screening interview with the recruiter (mostly behavioral and experience questions)
    4) I was told at the end of this screening interview that I would be moving forward with the "game" (a test/game taken through an app)
    5) I was told the next day that I passed the game and I would be moving forward with an onsite interview
    6) I was flown out to the Hoboken office 2 days later for 2 hours of onsite interviews
    7) This process included an office tour followed by 3 30 minute interviews - 1 behavioral, 1 UI/IX case study, 1 pricing case study
    8) I was contacted by an HR person 1 week later and was given an offer
    **entire process only took 2 weeks**

Interview Questions

• Look at this AA battery product page on Walmart.com and tell me what you like and what you would change from a UI/UX perspective...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewing with Jet.com is total waste of time and should be avoided.

Their recruiter reach me. After an outsourced interview via karat.io, I had an on-site. Interview itself was easy and last about 5 hours. On-site recruiter told me they will get back to me next day. I have sent and email day after the interview to thank you for the opportunity and their time. Few days passed but I haven't heard from them. I have sent another email to ask what they have decided. It's absolute silence since the interview. Only times that I spoke with their recruiter was when he first contacted me and on-site after the interview.

Jet's being silent, not disclosing their decision ( even if it's negative ) or not even sending a "Thank you for your time today" email (as most companies does) is very unprofessional.

Think about it, do you really want to work for a company that doesn't value people ?

Interview Questions

• Simple questions revolving around recursion, queues, stack, trees, as well as functional programming related exercises ( like implementing .map()/.reduce()/.filter() )   Answer Question

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter on Linkedin and scheduled a phone interview. Interview was led by a third party hiring consultant. Interviewer mostly ran through my resume to "verify" pieces of it. Asked me a couple of situational questions that he was picking off of a list (he told me this).

Throughout the entire interview he was very positive and reassuring me that I would be moving on to the next round of interviews and saying that I was exactly what they were looking for. Gave me directions about the next steps of the process and said he would email me in the next few hours. I never heard from him again and followed up with an email to him inquiring about the next steps. I would prefer an interviewer to be straight forward and not give me false positives about my interview process. It gives interviewees false hope and ultimately looks unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to school (Interviewer told me they only accept applicants from a specific list of "approved" schools)   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Two Phone screening, case study and on-site interview with team. 5 back to back interviews with team members. Questions were mostly based on experience and few business cases to solve. Recruiter was very kind and responsive.