Jet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2018

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with 4-5 different employees who were all on the team I was interviewing for. Informal questions from personality to interests to skill set. It was different than most interviews since they also asked about who you are as a person and not just about what professional background and skills you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very nice interview. Basic questions where asked about leadership type. There was also a lot of chat about Jet's vision and how they see them growing. I had a very good experience interviewing with them and would recommend anyone to apply. Another point to add is it was very punctual .

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary? Not sure why they ask that if you are not able to negotiate according to the internet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

After reading all the negative reviews I was weary of this company but decided to pursue opportunity anyway as I am very interested in the business and mission. Overall process took about 6 weeks. Had two phone interviews, a skill test and in house interview with 4 people. Process went smoothly and turnaround was quick. HR was accessible and process was transparent and I did feel welcomed.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough in that I met with many members of the team. I was able to gain a solid understanding of not only how my specific department functions, but also the flavor of jet.com as a whole. The process gave insight into the way in which individuals' opinions are valued.

Interview Questions

• If money were not an issue, and you could choose any job in the whole world, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

In my nine year career I have changed jobs a few times, interviewed at more than a hundred companies including both large public companies and 3-people startups. The interview experience with Jet has been the best for me so far.

The communication with the recruiting team was accurate and prompt. What's more, the messages from the recruiting team were warm and humorous. The entire process from the initial contact, to booking phone and onsite interviews, to travel arrangement, to result update, has been a great pleasure. I particularly liked that the recruiting team sent me short, quick updates before the hiring team made the final decision. It greatly reduced my anxiety as a candidate.

Every Jet interviewer that I met was smart and approachable. Of course there were some hard questions, but I also felt tremendous trust from the team. They are not trying to grill you and show that the team is full of smart people, but rather they want smart people to join them and tackle hard problems together.

The company and its leader have a great reputation in the eCommerce domain, and is growing fast. I didn't accept the offer this time for family/location reasons but I know I will definitely keep an eye on Jet.

Interview Questions

• More than half of the questions are about past experience. So know your stories well and be able to relate them to the position.

For case questions, they are not like strict consulting cases but more like "should we user technology A or B to solve this particular business problem?". Not very hard but it helps to have a structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews followed by a technical interview and then an In Person interview. The In Person interview lasted 6 hours! the place reaked of politics. The skill range varied between developers. Their tier based pay system isn't in line with the skill set they are looking for. The majority of the salary is equity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized. First phone interview went smoothly enough, and was supposed to be followed by a day long face to face technical screen. A few days after the first phone interview but they emailed me back afterwards to say they'd "changed their minds" and wanted to do at least one more phone interview.

Second phone interviewer called 15 minutes early, got angry when I was surprised by him calling early, and refused to use a Google Doc for coding. After that I decided not to continue with the process.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted few days after by recruiter to schedule a phone interview using HireVue. If everything goes well, you will be invited for onsite with 5-6 engineers.
    Two days after received an email with positive feedback and got a job offer. The compensation is very good and transparent for everybody in the company.
    Functional programming knowledge is not required for new grads, although recurrence concepts and skills are broadly assessed. Trade-offs on time-space performance, math.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview, which was a very pleasant conversation to learn about Jet, and for me to elaborate on my experience/resume. Was invited to take a online video coding test with Karat. The Karat interviewer, she, asked to write algorithm to find rectangle in a 2D matrix. I came up with an algorithm and started coding. After coding, she ran some tests and found the algorithm worked fine. Then came the bizarre edge-case question: In what case would my algorithm not work? I thought hard and wouldn't come up with one. She said what if I have just a single 1? I replied that it's a point, not a rectangle. She said it's rectangle with zero lengths. I said by that definition, it could be a circle with zero radius, or other shapes. She would like me to solve this case nevertheless. So I modified my algorithm and got it to work.

Jet has a policy where interview candidate can ask for second chance by re-take the coding test (with new question). I felt I did ok and was able to solve the question and cases asked. I did not think they will take the bizarre edge-case seriously. So I did not ask for a re-test. Few days later I got an email saying my application won't be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to find a rectangle in 2 dimensional matrix where 0s represent the background and 1s represent area of rectangle. Answers can be in width and height, or opposite 2 diagonal points of rectangle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university. First, I had an on campus interview with an engineer. He was extremely friendly and we had a good chat, including on technical question. I didn't have to write code, just talk my way through the problem, which was not overly difficult. From there, I talked to a recruiter on the phone and finally went to Hoboken for an onsite. There, I had four interviews with engineers. Three were whiteboard coding questions and the final more focused on design.