Jet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Jet Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Interviews at Jet

HRBP Walmart ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Got a lovely tour of the hipster office. Met with many people, both in person and via Zoom. Had a few rounds then never heard from them again. Seems like the company is going through an identity crisis - are they Jet.com, are they Walmart e Commerce? Sounds like they have a lot of broken processes and lots of frustration around that

Interview Questions

• Whats the one thing you could change about what you do today in your current role?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Applied online. Got an email within a day for the next round interview which was an hour of hacker rank codepair. The coding question was completely customized to my background. Within two hours, received an email inviting me to an on-site. Did the on-site two weeks later. Met with 6 people. Although I interviewed for the data science role, no machine learning questions were asked, except for the assumptions of Linear Regression. Several coding questions in the language of preference.

Senior Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2019.

Interview

From application submission (via referral) to finish, it took 4 months. The interview process was drawn out asking me to be there in person twice. Each was 45 minutes long, and they had me speak with 6 people. The questions were usual HR behavioral questions, though 1 stood out of all 6 for being the worst and made a lasting impression.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you exceeded expectation in the 3 years you've been employed?   Answer Question
    • What was your GPA?   1 Answer
    • Nobody gives a s*** about the tools you built, why do it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2019.

Interview

I was referred for the job by a friend and set up a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and lasted 20 minutes and then I was told I would have to complete a game. I completed the game and later received an email that I was invited in for an in-person interview. I was taken on a tour around the office with a very nice woman and then had 3 interviews. The first was a behavioral interview and the next two had case studies. The interviewers were very kind and interested in my previous work and studies. I then received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• If a handbag was priced at $100 on Amazon and $50 at Walmart, how should Jet price it? Give an exact number and why? How would you explain your pricing to Marc Lore?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Why Jet?   Answer Question
    • You run into Marc Lore and he asks how your catalog is going, what do you tell him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Phone Interview, then an online assessment, then a 3-round in person interview. Had us play this multi part game on a smartphone that tested various cognitive traits. The in-person interview seemed to be segmented into background, skills, and personality.

Interview Questions

• What's wrong with this page (while looking at a store page)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2019.

Interview

The in-person interview was fairly to the point. I spoke with three people: one behavioral interview and two case studies. The interviews were on-site, and each interview was 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by LinkedIn to interview for Jet.com for their Fashion Category Specialist position. I was skeptical about interviewing because of the reviews but took a chance anyway, big mistake. For starters the recruiter called late but whatever. I was told my background matched more of a Category Assistant position rather than a specialist position. I was told my gap between graduating from college and landing a corporate job was “interesting” (after this was said I was no longer interested and was honest because I didn’t care) and perhaps if I went on site to interview that I shouldn’t say I worked as a dog walker everyday for eight hours to pay the bills and scheduled interviews around that. I understand that jet wants to hire from Ivy League schools so those candidates may not have a gap on their resume between graduation and landing a job but someone who went to a small state school might. I was also told that I would be working for Jet.com but really would be working on Walmart’s Ecommerce site so I shouldn’t say Jet at all at the onsite. The recruiter was late calling, called a very difficult gap between graduating and landing a job (because not everyone hires as often as jet does) “hmm interesting” and overall made me disinterested in this role.

Interview Questions

• Would you look at data to make decisions on product within your department? I mean you should, it’s important.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2019.

Interview

First there was a phone interview where only two behavioral questions were asked. Then after the phone interview, I was invited to play "Skyrise City", which is an app that you download. The app consists of games where it tests your reflexes, memory and some pricing strategy. (Nothing to worry about).

Then, after playing the game I was invited to fly out to their headquarters in Hoboken, NJ. At the headquarters, there are three rounds of interviews with three different people. The first interview is just a behavioral interview where you walk through your resume. The second interview is the "battery" question where they give you a screenshot of the Wal-Mart website search page for batteries and cart. During the third interview, they ask you a pricing question.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview: What is a risk that you recently took and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • During the phone interview: What was a situation where you felt overwhelmed and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • During the 2nd in-person interview: What would you change on this website from a consumer and business standpoint?   1 Answer
    • During the 3rd in-person interview: If amazon is pricing _______ at $10 and Wal-Mart stores are pricing the same product at $5, what would you price the product on the Wal-Mart website?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter and then with manager. Took them over three weeks to set up in person interviews. Initially was to be meeting with 6 people over 3.5 hours in the middle of the day, but turned into two 1.5 hour sessions (one on-site and the other remote). The person in HR who scheduled my interviews took a long time to schedule the interviews and when the recruiter did schedule them they were in the middle of the day which was difficult to work around as someone with a job and that did not work in Hoboken. After I did the final round it took them over two weeks to get back to me (it was a no and the delay was because they changed the HR person in charge of getting back to me). Overall, they wasted a lot of my time and offered no feedback (which is not surprising how lackadaisical they were throughout). Overall, they do not seem to run the Hoboken and San Bruno office as efficiently as HQ.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a planner? Have you been to our site, if so what changes would you make/ what did you like? Brief case study in excel that went over GMV and margin.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin and we set up a time to have an initial phone conversation. The recruiter didn't call at the agreed upon time, and instead called about an hour later saying that an emergency came up and someone was supposed to let me know earlier that the call would be pushed one hour later. This was red flag number one.

After the phone call with the recruiter, I had to download an app and complete the games. The next day, I was asked for availability for an on-site interview. I sent over availability and a Talent Acquisition recruiter confirmed me for a day I said I wasn't available. When I pointed this out, another Talent Acquisition Coordinator scheduled me for another day that I was available.

For my on-site interview, I was to meet with 3 Senior Managers.

The first interviewer asked primarily behavioral based questions. A lot of the questions overlapped (tell me about a time when you had to think outside of the box was asked along with tell me about a time you had to think creatively to solve a problem). The interviewer seemed extremely disinterested, and at one point even rolled her eyes when I was discussing my past experience.

The second interviewer was way more professional and engaging. For this portion of the interview, you were shown screenshots of the Jet.com and Walmart.com websites, and you had to talk about what you would change or improve. This was a simple attention-to-detail/ usability test and was actually quite enjoyable. An example I remember is that in the sidebar, there was an option to filter batteries by length in inches. You are supposed to point things like this out and make recommendations on how to improve the experience.

After the second interview, I waited close to ten minutes for the next interviewer. The original person supposed to interview me apparently couldn't make it anymore so they sent in a replacement. He only asked one question which was the Marc Lore question about what you would say to him about your category. You're supposed to ask questions to get more information in order to formulate a response.

Jet.com seems very disorganized and I had the worst interviewing experience I've ever had. It seems like they are doing mass hirings due to the high turnover for this position, and the senior managers are uninspired and unenthusiastic. I would definitely stay away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question