Jet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

I didn't receive an offer and wouldn't receive a response to any requests for feedback due to volume. I came from a healthcare background and felt decently confident since there seem to be a heavy recruiting efforts right now. Everyone was nice (ran into the CEO Marc Lore as I walked in), and office building has a nice, clear view of Manhattan from across the river.

1: Phone Interview

A LinkedIn recruiter reached out to me and asked to set up a quick chat. It was supposed to be 10 mins. but ended up being a phone screen with behavioral questions at 30 mins.

2: Logic Games

Got an email 2 days after my phone screen asking me to download and complete a logic game. The app's called Skyrise City. It consists of 4 rounds that test memory and reaction speeds.

3: Onsite Interview

Got an email the next morning saying that I was invited for the final round interview at the Hoboken office. Three 30-45 min. interviews - 1 Behavioral, 1 UX Case, 1 Price Study Case. Among behavioral questions I've encountered, I'd say the ones asked during at Jet were on the less common (and therefore harder) end. The case studies were more like conversations, and the interviewers seemed to adjust their questions based on your answers. The last 10 mins. of the UX interview were rapid fire "personality" questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral:
      Tell me about yourself.
      A time you had to think outside the box?
      A time you thought a problem was hard but had a simple fix?

UX Case:
      (Product and Search Page of AAA batteries)
      What are some improvements we can make to these pages?
      How can we stop a downward spiral of prices? (If Jet lowers its price, then a competitor lowers its price in response to our price, etc. how do we stop that?)

Rapid fire round (2nd half of UX):
      Favorite person?
      Least favorite person?
      How do you like your coffee?
      How would your friends describe you?

Price Case Study:
      Men's shoulder bag is sold on Amazon for $10 and in Walmart stores for $5. How should we price this on Walmart.com? Same product. Same company costs. The goal is to "make money".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Had a great experience interviewing for Jet.com. It was a three-step interview process, following resume and cover letter submission: a phone interview, completion of an online game, and the final onsite interview. I was very impressed by the company culture and organization throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Make recommendations to the design of a Search Results page and a Product page.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

First round recruiter screening, one phone interview, one game-based assessment, two case interviews on site.

Had a great experience up until the final round on-site. Neither interviewer was prepared, and the senior manager seemed like she would rather be anywhere else but giving my interview. I left thinking that if I got hired I would pray not to be assigned to work underneath her, as she was so harsh and rude. On reflection, it is clear to me that I was being stress-tested the whole time, which I was not expecting given that the company supposedly prides itself on having a great culture.

Interview Questions

• Two cases—one on what data you would use to analyze what appears to be an overstock in a warehouse, and one on regional market segments/where to expand a company.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview and did an online game assessment. Then did a phone interview with someone on the supply chain team before being flown to NJ for two in-person interviews which were case study heavy. Heard back from them a little over two weeks later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY).

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I ever had. Had a phone screen with recruiter which went well, then got an email from recruiter saying I can schedule a technical interview with karat. I picked the date but had to reschedule twice due to emergencies at work. But the interview with karat went well.
    Week passed and I didn’t hear anything but after about 10 days got an automatic email that said I was rejected!!
    Was very upset as I had spent few hours of my own time preparing for the interview and even after doing the interview well there was no feedback except and an automatic rejection email.
    Well I wouldn’t want to go work in a place like this.

Interview Questions

• Cannot post anything about the question but it’s a typical question that you can find on ctci or leetcode.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

1. Initial phone screen - HR reached out to me, set up an initial phone screen. Initial phone screen consisted of further details about the role (location preferences, salary, etc.) and a few behavioral questions.
    2. Skyrise City - an app game for psychometric assessment. Can't really prepare for this.
    3. Final interviews round - Three back-to-back interviews in the Hoboken office. Be prepared for general behavioral questions and e-commerce related questions.

Received an offer about a week after final round interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project that was ambiguous   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was then contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Completed an online game after my phone interview, but then didn't hear back for over a week about scheduling another interview. Went into the Hoboken office for 3 back-to-back interviews (2 of my interviewers were pretty cold and unfriendly–at one point, one of them started laughing at an answer I gave him). Heard back about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked by the CEO of the company how good your spread of products was, what would you say and how would you justify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2017.

I applied online, and was then contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Completed an online game after my phone interview, but then didn't hear back for over a week about scheduling another interview. Went into the Hoboken office for 3 back-to-back interviews (2 of my interviewers were rather cold). None of them had reviewed m resume beforehand.

Heard back two weeks later.

Application

Interview

The first steps were just like the other interview reviews:

1) Very simple phone screen, about 30 minutes. Recruiter was very nice. She invited me to play the Skyrise City game.

2) Played the Skyrise City game - very easy and somewhat fun.

3) Interviewed at Jet headquarters in Hoboken. Three back to back 30 minute interviews. First was the batteries UX study, second was another case study involving a men's shoulder bag, third was simple behavioral questions. My advice is to be conversational with the interviewers about your thoughts regarding the evolving ecommerce industry, and know a lot about the founder, Marc Lore.

Interview Questions

• Walmart sells a men's shoulder bag for $5 in their stores, and Amazon sells it for $10 on their site. How much would you sell it for on Walmart.com?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Contacted by a Jet recruiter. Went through an intial phone interview. Completed an iPhone assessment/game. Came in to the Hoboken office for three interviews and a tour. Received an offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• How to fix a search results page. Ecommerce case study.   Answer Question