JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied on Jan. 1, the process took a couple of weeks. on Feb.17 I received an invite to the online video interview. march 1, I received another email inviting me to a blue review in long island, new york. the video questionnaire only had four questions and it was time. down below I put "NO OFFER" my interview is March 29th. I am so excited, Definitely will be spending my time here on glassdoor.

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview a few days ago...therefore, I am waiting for an offer...I am staying Positive!

Wonderful people, very friendly, nice and kind Inflight Crew. There were about 15 to 20 crew members at the interview site. You check-in first, and start making a line to go inside the conference room and while you wait you are entertained with beautiful real life anecdotes by an inflight crew member, you are also in line to get you finger prints taken (you have to have your passport and another government ID). The passport check happens at your initial check in, before you receive your name tag, there is a crew member checking your passport and asks you sign in before you receive your name in a plastic badge....

Second, you will enter the salon-conference room and sit down along with the people in your immediate vicinity, you are then welcomed by the inflight crew and they do a great job at putting everyone more relaxed and not be so nervous...they were well chosen...all are smiling and it truly shows that they love their assignments---recruiting and interviewing are special assignments for the inflight crew.

next..you are asked to do a group project...will not discuss, it is best you are yourself and try to work with the group, listen to others in your group, do not be dismissive of their ideas, be respectful of their inputs, and participate...every little thing helps, Everyone is being graded...try and be the best you.

we are then asked to take a 10 minute break...(use the bathroom and check appearance and introduce yourself to the other candidates) make friends.

Come back early and look at your watch to ensure you are there before the 10 minute period has expired...the inflight crew play videos for you...I had already seen all the videos since I Youtube all of JetBlue's info...The interviewee is asked what they thought of the videos and many had great award winning comments...

I believe they give you a 20 minutes, return from the break and the company, pay, and culture is explained in as much detail they can, especially for the interviewee that has no idea of what a Flight Attendants job and schedule look like, pay and benefits look great and there are two types of pay..depending if you want to be paid for the hours you actually work or choose to be paid the hours that they said they will pay you even if you do not reach does exact hours...

Lunch break? then you come back and asked to make lines for the debrief ( your accomplishments and discussion of resume), the line for interview where your customer service questions are asked of you...know the STAR method of answering questions and answer with as much Details as you can, and be the best you...You are already great, you made it to the interview.

Other lines / tests are the reach test, the Public Announcement test ( read a paragraph out-loud),
    if you have not finished your finger prints..wait on the line for that, also...if you speak Spanish or want to try the Language test, do it...and go for it.

Best of luck...to you, remember, they liked what they saw on the (Application, the Resume you sent, you answered survey questions after that, then you did a video interview and they like you) after all of this you have been invited to a Blue Review---the face to face interview...now go get it...and be wonderful.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Completed my initial application in January then was sent a Follow up questionnaire about two days after to which I completed immediately upon receipt within a couple days I was invited to complete the Video Interview. Upon completion of the video interview within a month I was invited for a Blue Review. At the Blue Review we all completed our fingerprints did a reach test, read an announcement and was inspected for dress code adherence which was also sent when invited for the Blue Review. The interview consisted of introduction of their team to us and they are an amazing team that looks like all one big family, the unity and cohesiveness shown by all members was just remarkable and they instantly make everyone feel comfortable. Our first task was a group activity where we are handed a list with about 8 questions where we are to each choose a question introduced ourselves and answer the questions. Simple questions such as choosing an entertainer to entertain guests in the airport lounge when flights are delayed or choose a designer for the uniforms or choose a movie to be added to the gallery or choose a restaurant to add catering or maybe choose a team they can sponsor and beyond this you need to say why you made those choices. While doing the group activities you are being judged on how you participate and how you present. Next step is moving into the one and one interviews then a debriefing session. Then you are sent home to wait on a CJO. But the overall process is smooth and organized. This is the only company I've seen that shows you are a valued person and you are wanted as a part of their team. Their entire process was as if we the applicants are doing them a huge favor just by showing up for the interview which is so humbling. The process makes you strive to do your best to be a part of their Organization. I've never seen another Organization with a more humble approach than JetBlue. Awesome company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable set offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks I applied on 1/4/17 and got emailed to the questonaire part on 1/10/17 the next day I was invited to VI where you had 5 days to complete and I decided to do it on the 3rd day I was asked 4 question 30 sec to think then I submitted. I received another email on 1/17/17 inviting me to the blue review F2F i picked the date for 2/17/17 JFK headquarters. So I'm still in the process but very much excited and ready stay positive and praying .. I put know offer due to the fact that I didn't attend my blue review yet

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jet Blue   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to JetBlue Jan 4 everything went fast did assessment test the Video interview then invite to the interview in less than 2 weeks. The experience was great everyone was excited and very nice. It was at JetBlue headquarters in NYC. I got there they took my passport and a copie of it. We then went into the conference room they introduced themselves and the company showed a video then we had to play a game. Really easy! They put us in a group of 6 and 2 recruiters are watching and writing stuff down. You present your answers with your group. 15 min break. Come back watch a video then they take 1 hr to go over payment schedule and you then get to ask questions. 20 min break then they get ready for debrief, interview, fingerprint, PA, the reach test. Everyone is really nice so just relax and breath and please pay attention and listen!!! They said the debrief is just them getting to know you. The debrief was like a interview to me. So be prepared to answer questions like why JetBlue, why flight attendent, why would you leave your career for JetBlue etc. It's a lot of waiting and standing so ladies wear comfy shoes, smile and talk to others around you. The interview was the easy part the guy was really nice he asked situational questions you have to use the star method to answer (situations, task, action, result). It was my first time interview for flight attendant it was really awesome experience. I did not get the job it's okay because I know what I did wrong. I will apply again. Please just relax and listen and don't over think it's really easy and everyone is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer
    • Time me about a time there was a policy change and how did it affect you?   1 Answer
    • What's going to the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

I applied on line Oct. 1st 2016, video interview Nov,23, 2016 and was invited for face to face interview for Feb. 25th 2017. I was given several dates for the face to face interview, starting January 8th but I chose February 25th be cause that was to be held in Orlando, which is closest to my location which is Miami.
    The video interview was stressful only because the app they provided for the interview kept malfunctioning. This seemed to be a common occurrence with so many who did their video interview that week. the App kept freezing up as the time continued to run. I am marking I did not get the job because my face to face interview is in 3 days. That's when I will know if I got the Job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation on your job that you went above and beyond the call of duty.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I just took the online interview...because my laptop mucrophone was not working..i had to do it on my phone. The script was so small it was hard to read....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a group activity between 5-7 people where you introduced yourselves and answer one question about you that is given. Then as a group you are given a sheet of paper with questions that you have to answer as a group. Someone from the inflight team will be there watching you work together as a team and take notes. After that is done each group will present their question and team answer to everyone.

Then you spend about an hour with a JetBlue informational presentation regarding lifestyle, everyday as a JetBlue crewmember, pay, etc. At the end you will have an opportunity to ask questions and concerns. They will also give you potential class dates as well as advise you of paperwork that will need to be gathered once you are home.

You take about a 20 minute break and return for a debrief and the physical interview. The debrief is pretty much a pre-interview, or like most airlines the first round of interviews. The split you into two groups and one group goes to the debrief first and the other to the interview, then switch. You will also be doing fingerprinting throughout the day, most people did it while waiting in line for debrief/interview. At the same time as your waiting an inflight team member will also pull people out to do a reach test to see if you are able to reach 6'3" without shoes and read a PA announcement. Everyone at the interview is very friendly and welcoming.

They tell you that you will hear back from them within 2 weeks; however, emails came out almost immediately the next morning.

Interview Questions

• If you currently work at another airline, they will ask you why you would leave your current airline and sacrifice your seniority?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had a conflict with another coworker and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had to deal with change and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was awesome. Everyone is super friendly and the JetBlue crew members definitely make you feel as comfortable as they can. There is no need to be nervous. Just BE YOURSELF and you'll see how smooth the interview goes. BE YOURSELF!!!!!
    I received the job offer the following day of my f2f interview :)
    On the day of the interview:
    1) we watched a short video and questions were asked about the video.
    2) took a 10 min break and went back to continue with the interview process (make sure you take a shorter break)
    3) we got in groups of 6 and we were given a fun activity, which needed to be presented in front of the whole room! BE YOURSELF, BE SOCIAL, SMILEEEEE :) :) :)
    THEY GRADE YOU FROM THE MOMENT YOU ENTER THE ROOM!
    4) we watched another video and we were asked questions about the video.
    5) we took a 15 min break and then we went straight to an individual introduction with a chosen JetBlue recruiter (deep brief). (Like I mentioned before, the recruiters are all very nice.. talk to them as if you were talking to a friend).
    6) took PA test (reading test) and reach test
    7) did the real interview with another JetBlue recruiter and was asked about three questions.. They even give you time to think of the question if needed...
    8) did my finger prints and later my Spanish PA test
    9) Received the job offer the following day!

PS: Be who you are and be positive.
    You'll be fine!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

JetBlue is fast and efficient with their interview process which is nice. Within 2-3 weeks I had applied, completed the assessments, video interview and the Blue Review (Face to Face). I interviewed in late January in New York at JetBlue headquarters. The day was filled with activities where you are evaluated in communication skills and ability to work in a team. There are questions in your group activity that you will each have to present to the entire room of applicants and recruiters. Some questions let you shine a little more than others so think about the question you choose to present and how you can incorporate it into an impressive, thoughtful answer which also incorporates JetBlue's values. After the group activities there was a break and more information and PR videos about JetBlue were presented before breaking for a quick lunch and returning for the interviews. You will get fingerprinted, read a PA announcement, and do a reach test while awaiting your turn for the interviews. There are 2 interviews and depending on which line you get into will determine which you do first. My first interview was called a "debrief" (for some reason) and it was 2 flight attendants who asked me more personal questions about myself and why I wanted to be a FA, why JetBlue, etc. They were really awesome and personable and this was my favorite part of the day! I would love to fly with either of them! Next was my interview with 1 very young woman who has never been a FA. This is where I ran into problems because she was SOOOO soft-spoken and shy that I literally could not hear her and make out all the words she was saying. And it wasn't that I am hard of hearing because I could hear the questions from the interviewers at nearby tables! She just mumbled and seemed terribly shy and uncomfortable and when I asked her to repeat the question, she reworded it in a different way so I couldn't just try to pick up the words I had missed the first time. I had to ask her to repeat the first question 3 times! And each time she added more to the question with even more mumbling and it was so unclear. Again, I could clearly hear interviewers from other tables during that time so it was not my hearing that was lacking. After I practically climbed across the table trying to hear her the last time, I just told one of my customer service stories that I hoped might answer her inaudible question. :( The second question went a little better as she slightly increased her volume and I could pick out words that I was expecting like "Overwhelming" from questions I had studied. At the end she asked me if I had any questions for her and I asked her what traits the best FAs have in her opinion, and suddenly she was confident and projected her voice and I could hear her every word. I wish she had been that confident and clear spoken earlier in the interview because it really did ruin my experience - and it was on my dime. If JetBlue does read these, I hope they will make a modification and always have 2 interviewers present so if 1 interviewer is lacking, the other can step in. The young woman who interviewed me was too quiet, shy and uncomfortable to effectively interview candidates. If I had it to do over again and knew about her, I would excuse myself to the restroom and get back in line for a different interviewer. It's so disappointing because I have to wait a year to apply again and this is the airline that I wanted enough to travel at my own expense for.