JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied on Jan. 1, the process took a couple of weeks. on Feb.17 I received an invite to the online video interview. march 1, I received another email inviting me to a blue review in long island, new york. the video questionnaire only had four questions and it was time. down below I put "NO OFFER" my interview is March 29th. I am so excited, Definitely will be spending my time here on glassdoor.

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview a few days ago...therefore, I am waiting for an offer...I am staying Positive!

Wonderful people, very friendly, nice and kind Inflight Crew. There were about 15 to 20 crew members at the interview site. You check-in first, and start making a line to go inside the conference room and while you wait you are entertained with beautiful real life anecdotes by an inflight crew member, you are also in line to get you finger prints taken (you have to have your passport and another government ID). The passport check happens at your initial check in, before you receive your name tag, there is a crew member checking your passport and asks you sign in before you receive your name in a plastic badge....

Second, you will enter the salon-conference room and sit down along with the people in your immediate vicinity, you are then welcomed by the inflight crew and they do a great job at putting everyone more relaxed and not be so nervous...they were well chosen...all are smiling and it truly shows that they love their assignments---recruiting and interviewing are special assignments for the inflight crew.

next..you are asked to do a group project...will not discuss, it is best you are yourself and try to work with the group, listen to others in your group, do not be dismissive of their ideas, be respectful of their inputs, and participate...every little thing helps, Everyone is being graded...try and be the best you.

we are then asked to take a 10 minute break...(use the bathroom and check appearance and introduce yourself to the other candidates) make friends.

Come back early and look at your watch to ensure you are there before the 10 minute period has expired...the inflight crew play videos for you...I had already seen all the videos since I Youtube all of JetBlue's info...The interviewee is asked what they thought of the videos and many had great award winning comments...

I believe they give you a 20 minutes, return from the break and the company, pay, and culture is explained in as much detail they can, especially for the interviewee that has no idea of what a Flight Attendants job and schedule look like, pay and benefits look great and there are two types of pay..depending if you want to be paid for the hours you actually work or choose to be paid the hours that they said they will pay you even if you do not reach does exact hours...

Lunch break? then you come back and asked to make lines for the debrief ( your accomplishments and discussion of resume), the line for interview where your customer service questions are asked of you...know the STAR method of answering questions and answer with as much Details as you can, and be the best you...You are already great, you made it to the interview.

Other lines / tests are the reach test, the Public Announcement test ( read a paragraph out-loud),
    if you have not finished your finger prints..wait on the line for that, also...if you speak Spanish or want to try the Language test, do it...and go for it.

Best of luck...to you, remember, they liked what they saw on the (Application, the Resume you sent, you answered survey questions after that, then you did a video interview and they like you) after all of this you have been invited to a Blue Review---the face to face interview...now go get it...and be wonderful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks I applied on 1/4/17 and got emailed to the questonaire part on 1/10/17 the next day I was invited to VI where you had 5 days to complete and I decided to do it on the 3rd day I was asked 4 question 30 sec to think then I submitted. I received another email on 1/17/17 inviting me to the blue review F2F i picked the date for 2/17/17 JFK headquarters. So I'm still in the process but very much excited and ready stay positive and praying .. I put know offer due to the fact that I didn't attend my blue review yet

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jet Blue   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

I applied on line Oct. 1st 2016, video interview Nov,23, 2016 and was invited for face to face interview for Feb. 25th 2017. I was given several dates for the face to face interview, starting January 8th but I chose February 25th be cause that was to be held in Orlando, which is closest to my location which is Miami.
    The video interview was stressful only because the app they provided for the interview kept malfunctioning. This seemed to be a common occurrence with so many who did their video interview that week. the App kept freezing up as the time continued to run. I am marking I did not get the job because my face to face interview is in 3 days. That's when I will know if I got the Job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation on your job that you went above and beyond the call of duty.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I just took the online interview...because my laptop mucrophone was not working..i had to do it on my phone. The script was so small it was hard to read....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a group activity between 5-7 people where you introduced yourselves and answer one question about you that is given. Then as a group you are given a sheet of paper with questions that you have to answer as a group. Someone from the inflight team will be there watching you work together as a team and take notes. After that is done each group will present their question and team answer to everyone.

Then you spend about an hour with a JetBlue informational presentation regarding lifestyle, everyday as a JetBlue crewmember, pay, etc. At the end you will have an opportunity to ask questions and concerns. They will also give you potential class dates as well as advise you of paperwork that will need to be gathered once you are home.

You take about a 20 minute break and return for a debrief and the physical interview. The debrief is pretty much a pre-interview, or like most airlines the first round of interviews. The split you into two groups and one group goes to the debrief first and the other to the interview, then switch. You will also be doing fingerprinting throughout the day, most people did it while waiting in line for debrief/interview. At the same time as your waiting an inflight team member will also pull people out to do a reach test to see if you are able to reach 6'3" without shoes and read a PA announcement. Everyone at the interview is very friendly and welcoming.

They tell you that you will hear back from them within 2 weeks; however, emails came out almost immediately the next morning.

Interview Questions

• If you currently work at another airline, they will ask you why you would leave your current airline and sacrifice your seniority?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had a conflict with another coworker and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had to deal with change and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was awesome. Everyone is super friendly and the JetBlue crew members definitely make you feel as comfortable as they can. There is no need to be nervous. Just BE YOURSELF and you'll see how smooth the interview goes. BE YOURSELF!!!!!
    I received the job offer the following day of my f2f interview :)
    On the day of the interview:
    1) we watched a short video and questions were asked about the video.
    2) took a 10 min break and went back to continue with the interview process (make sure you take a shorter break)
    3) we got in groups of 6 and we were given a fun activity, which needed to be presented in front of the whole room! BE YOURSELF, BE SOCIAL, SMILEEEEE :) :) :)
    THEY GRADE YOU FROM THE MOMENT YOU ENTER THE ROOM!
    4) we watched another video and we were asked questions about the video.
    5) we took a 15 min break and then we went straight to an individual introduction with a chosen JetBlue recruiter (deep brief). (Like I mentioned before, the recruiters are all very nice.. talk to them as if you were talking to a friend).
    6) took PA test (reading test) and reach test
    7) did the real interview with another JetBlue recruiter and was asked about three questions.. They even give you time to think of the question if needed...
    8) did my finger prints and later my Spanish PA test
    9) Received the job offer the following day!

PS: Be who you are and be positive.
    You'll be fine!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process so far has been great! I applied to Delta too, their process is much lengthier. I submitted my online application on 1/3/17, got an email to fill out a questionnaire on 1/10/17, got an email to do a video interview on 1/11/17, completed the video interview 1/14, and got an email for in person interview today 1/20! The video interview is a little awkward because you are just staring at yourself answering questions haha, but it wasnt bad! Anyone that has had a good amount of customer service experience will be able to answer the questions just fine! I am SUPER excited for my Blue Room experience I have heard so many amazing things about it! My interview is scheduled for February 9th in Boston... anyone else going at that time!? I selected no offer because I am still in process!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were frustrated at work and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Assessment --> VI --> Blue review

I sent in my application online and got an email for assessment a day after. A week after I received VI and 5 days later I received a blue review. The VI was fast. They only let you think for 30 secs on each question.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The video interview was very nerve shaking to me. I studied all my answers. The very first question threw me off though. I don't remember what it was. I did receive an offer for my f2f. I'm so excited. I'm going Feb 17 at jfk. Is anyone else here going? It'll be nice to meet someone before hand. A familiar face makes it easier.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for JetBlue.   12 Answers