JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied on Jan. 1, the process took a couple of weeks. on Feb.17 I received an invite to the online video interview. march 1, I received another email inviting me to a blue review in long island, new york. the video questionnaire only had four questions and it was time. down below I put "NO OFFER" my interview is March 29th. I am so excited, Definitely will be spending my time here on glassdoor.

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Completed my initial application in January then was sent a Follow up questionnaire about two days after to which I completed immediately upon receipt within a couple days I was invited to complete the Video Interview. Upon completion of the video interview within a month I was invited for a Blue Review. At the Blue Review we all completed our fingerprints did a reach test, read an announcement and was inspected for dress code adherence which was also sent when invited for the Blue Review. The interview consisted of introduction of their team to us and they are an amazing team that looks like all one big family, the unity and cohesiveness shown by all members was just remarkable and they instantly make everyone feel comfortable. Our first task was a group activity where we are handed a list with about 8 questions where we are to each choose a question introduced ourselves and answer the questions. Simple questions such as choosing an entertainer to entertain guests in the airport lounge when flights are delayed or choose a designer for the uniforms or choose a movie to be added to the gallery or choose a restaurant to add catering or maybe choose a team they can sponsor and beyond this you need to say why you made those choices. While doing the group activities you are being judged on how you participate and how you present. Next step is moving into the one and one interviews then a debriefing session. Then you are sent home to wait on a CJO. But the overall process is smooth and organized. This is the only company I've seen that shows you are a valued person and you are wanted as a part of their team. Their entire process was as if we the applicants are doing them a huge favor just by showing up for the interview which is so humbling. The process makes you strive to do your best to be a part of their Organization. I've never seen another Organization with a more humble approach than JetBlue. Awesome company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable set offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview a few days ago...therefore, I am waiting for an offer...I am staying Positive!

Wonderful people, very friendly, nice and kind Inflight Crew. There were about 15 to 20 crew members at the interview site. You check-in first, and start making a line to go inside the conference room and while you wait you are entertained with beautiful real life anecdotes by an inflight crew member, you are also in line to get you finger prints taken (you have to have your passport and another government ID). The passport check happens at your initial check in, before you receive your name tag, there is a crew member checking your passport and asks you sign in before you receive your name in a plastic badge....

Second, you will enter the salon-conference room and sit down along with the people in your immediate vicinity, you are then welcomed by the inflight crew and they do a great job at putting everyone more relaxed and not be so nervous...they were well chosen...all are smiling and it truly shows that they love their assignments---recruiting and interviewing are special assignments for the inflight crew.

next..you are asked to do a group project...will not discuss, it is best you are yourself and try to work with the group, listen to others in your group, do not be dismissive of their ideas, be respectful of their inputs, and participate...every little thing helps, Everyone is being graded...try and be the best you.

we are then asked to take a 10 minute break...(use the bathroom and check appearance and introduce yourself to the other candidates) make friends.

Come back early and look at your watch to ensure you are there before the 10 minute period has expired...the inflight crew play videos for you...I had already seen all the videos since I Youtube all of JetBlue's info...The interviewee is asked what they thought of the videos and many had great award winning comments...

I believe they give you a 20 minutes, return from the break and the company, pay, and culture is explained in as much detail they can, especially for the interviewee that has no idea of what a Flight Attendants job and schedule look like, pay and benefits look great and there are two types of pay..depending if you want to be paid for the hours you actually work or choose to be paid the hours that they said they will pay you even if you do not reach does exact hours...

Lunch break? then you come back and asked to make lines for the debrief ( your accomplishments and discussion of resume), the line for interview where your customer service questions are asked of you...know the STAR method of answering questions and answer with as much Details as you can, and be the best you...You are already great, you made it to the interview.

Other lines / tests are the reach test, the Public Announcement test ( read a paragraph out-loud),
    if you have not finished your finger prints..wait on the line for that, also...if you speak Spanish or want to try the Language test, do it...and go for it.

Best of luck...to you, remember, they liked what they saw on the (Application, the Resume you sent, you answered survey questions after that, then you did a video interview and they like you) after all of this you have been invited to a Blue Review---the face to face interview...now go get it...and be wonderful.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied April 1st. Received questionnaire next, followed by video interview. After about 3 weeks I received an invite to attend a Blue Review. I chose a date almost 2 months away in Fort Lauderdale. Interview was harder than I thought but very informative. I got to meet wonderful crewmembers who you can tell love their job as well as wonderful applicants. Fingerprints, a reach test and PA test were also done at this interview. 2 days later I received an email congratulating me and offering me a spot in training in January after I pass all my compliance checks :)

Interview Questions

• Everything is in STAR format to be prepared to answer in that way. Also be ready to explain why you want to leave your current profession.   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (San Juan, PR) in May 2017.

Interview

The process is very long, you have to really want it. I went to their open house in feb, in april they opened applications and because I attended the open house they waived me the video interview. Like less than a week after doing the assessment I received an invitation for a blue review. I prepared for over a month for that interview, you have to really practice using your customer service skills and the STAR method. I was prepared for most of the questions. After seeing the presentation they gave us about the culture of the company I love JB even more. I passed the background check and now I'm waiting for a training date, I was told that approximately in november will be our training. I can't wait. My Blue Review was in San Juan, PR. Spend most of your time preparing for possible questions and SMILE THE WHOLE TIME! Attend their open houses if you can!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I received an assessment 2 weeks after I applied which I completed that night and received a video interview the next day. I did the video interview the next night and received my blue review one week later! The video interview was Rather nerve racking but remember to breathe and smile. You have 5 seconds after reading the question to begin answering. Pause in between questions and recompose yourself before going to the next. There are only 4 questions.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be a flight attendant at jet blue?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a conflict at work with a coworker, how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    • Name a time at work you had to adapt to change   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

I applied online April 1st when the application first opened. April 17th, I received an email to complete the in-flight questionnaire. April 18th, I received an invitation to do a video interview, which I am trying to prepare for now.

Interview Questions

• questionnaire had mostly personality trait questions, & 3 situational questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

This is the 3rd airline I am applying to and so far it has been the most pleasant experience. I got a job at United back in September but after 5 minutes of having the job they told me I was too young, and just a couple months ago I got up to a phone interview with Virgin America but didn't get the job. I'm hoping I'll finally be able to achieve my dreams with JetBlue!

I first applied on the same day I saw that they were hiring on flightattendantcareer.com, April 1st 2017. I submitted the application in probably 20 minutes and 5 days later was invited to fill out the questionnaire. It is fairly easy with personality questions, and at the end there are 3 or 4 flight attendant situation questions with multiple choice answers.

On April 14th I was invited to record a video interview, and to be honest it was the most difficult video interview I've taken. I was on vacation so I wasn't able to do the video until April 17th. I looked for questions on glassdoor but they wound up being slightly different than the ones I had "studied" over the weekend, and while you can of course take a practice question, you only have 5 seconds to read and process each of the 4 questions. That was the hardest part because it took me 5 seconds just to read and understand them. Shockingly, I did the interview at around 5pm and received an email inviting me to a Blue Review at 1am April 18th (today). I went onto the link and chose the first available date, for the base in Long Island City in Queens NY on April 20th. The Blue Reviews are from 8:30am-5pm and the confirmation doesn't explain much, other than what to bring and what to wear.

So now I have 2 days and I am going to obsessively read over questions and watch videos and try to stay calm I guess. I'm really hoping that 3rd time's a charm!! (Didn't get an offer yet because I am waiting for training, so hopefully I'll know in a few days or so)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were frustrated on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult coworker, how did you react?   1 Answer
    • What appeals to you about being a JetBlue inflight crew member?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue in April 2017.

Interview

Video Interview is fast paced. They give you time to read question but the timer at first blocks it. They should fix the Interview4Mobile app! Be ready and have questions near, go over the ones below.

Interview Questions

• A time you were frustated at work?   1 Answer
    • What is appealing about the Inflight team with JetBlue?   1 Answer
    • A time where you and your coworker were struggling at work? What did you do?   1 Answer
    • A situation where the rules/policy was changed What was your reaction?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Charleston, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

I did the video interview. The interview questions were very small and you don't get a lot of time to form your answer. I think that with the font so small that I had a harder time seeing the question and therefore less time and then that made me very nervous so I bombed. Oh well, lesson learned