JetBlue Reservations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.9

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email, have to take an online test. Then a virtual phone interview. Then they call you for the group interview at that I was given my drug test papers. Then they do a very extensive 10 year background check, it took about 3 weeks to come back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a conflict in a past job. How did I handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

I attended what they call a hiring blitz. Took place at a hotel ballroom. Could apply, test, interview and find out if hired then and there. I personally had applied online then was invited to the blitz to interview. Massive group interview, 4-5 people to a table, about 20 tables in the room, each table had one interviewer. Applicants took turns answering the same three questions. If you passed that stage, you went to another room for drug screening and were given a start date pending background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was only easy because they we're hiring many people at the rio Tinto stadium........................ If you go into their office to interview it's going to be very difficult to get it. I got people that were very hard on me.

Interview Questions

• i only had one bilingual interview question. The group interview was easy. I got rejected 4 times before I got the job at jetblue   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied online a lot of times received a email with an invite JetBlue blitz hiring event. First they did a half hour presentation then a half hour group interview then they did drug test and then congentive offer was told to wait at home for a email to do a background check took two days now waiting for background check to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a JetBlue hiring event. It was located at the Rio Tinto stadium in SLC Utah. I showed up at 9:00 along with a lot of other people. They said that on the first day of the event they had 890 applicants! Anyway, I showed up at 8:45 and waited in line until 9:00. A little before 9:00 JetBlue employees came out and separated the line out between those who had already applied, and those who hadn't applied. They let us enter the building around 9:15. We signed in and were given a piece of paper to carry around with us throughout the day.
    Next, I took a two-part assessment on a computer provided, which took about 30 minutes. It included questions like "Are you often leaving your personal items places, yes or no" or "Are you generally a patient person, yes or no." The second part included a mock phone call where you type information you hear from the phone call using a headset they provided). Pretty simple.
    Next we were sent to a room (with about 60 people) for a 30 minute briefing/power point presentation. They went over things like benefits, schedules, "the JetBlue experience" etc. Anyone who was still interested in working for Jet Blue had a JetBlue employee initial their paper and moved onto to the interview portion of the day.
    The interview was a group interview (one interviewer and about 4 hopeful employees). Everyone seemed really nervous, but it was an easy interview. They asked two or three questions. Everyone in my group made it past the interview. It seemed like most people made it past the interview. I did hear of one or two people that didn't make it past the interview due to saying something about how they just want to work at JetBlue for the flight benefits.
    Next, we waited in line to talked with a JetBlue employee who asked for our SSN and e-mail. We were then asked to use a computer to check our e-mail and follow a line provided. We were then asked to complete a drug test (completed and finished on the spot). After the drug test, we talked with two JetBlue employees who asked for the paper we had been carrying around with us all day. (At this point there were about 7 of us talking with the two JetBlue employees). They asked which training session we would like to attend, and offered all of us a "contingency job offer." (Contingent on the background check going through). From start to finish the process took from 8:45 am to 1:40pm.
    The JetBlue employees were all very friendly, and worked hard to get everyone through the process quickly. Some seemed to not know what was going on or were not on the same page with others, but were still very friendly =) There was a really nice administrative assistant who was assisting with the drug testing line. She answered all our questions about working for JetBlue, and made the waiting a little more fun.
    It was a weird process, so I just wanted to relieve some anxiety from others who might be doing this type of interview.
    Still not sure if I'll accept the job due to the low pay (9.50/hour starting), but the working from home sounds nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain about a specific time in which you resolved a conflict? (I don't remember exactly the question, but this is generally what they asked)   1 Answer
    • Explain about a time when you had to sell something you didn't like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring Fair (2 day event). Most people dress casual clothing. I wore a suit. All company information was done in a 30 people group session. Group interview with 4 employees to 1 hiring personnel. Only asked 2 questions. All hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Starting pay is 9.50. You will need to drive to the training center for about 7 weeks and then you can work from home. You need to provide your own internet and phone line at home. the company does not pay for that.

Bilingual Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring blitz, all day event about 5 hours. First they pull up your application , then they sit you in a room with about 50 others, next they tell you the order the day will go. Next room if you choose to continue is the briefing. They talk about the company , pay, and benefits, you choose if you would like to move forward, then you interview, now they choose if they want you. If you are chosen you will go on to drug and background, if you are successful an offer is made.

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Online assessment. Face to face group interview then narrowed it down to single interview. typing test and background check. I am a rehire and don't know if I will be going through all the steps once again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Did you seek advice of your supervisor or colleagues. If yes, what did you advise them in advance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Long process, took a couple of months to actually get hired. It consists of a online application, personality and IQ test, typing test, and group interview. If you get pass that you have a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• S.T.A.R. format. This company what's people withppersonality   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

The most intensive, long and hard interview process I have ever had just for a customer service position from home. After applying have to take an extensive customer service skill test that is long and confusing a phone interview then go into the center for company presentation, group interview, and then if you pass the group interview you will be taken to drug test. The computer test before the interview is lengthy and ridiculous for a simple customer service job in reservations most other airlines pay is much higher and employees are happier